PDA

View Full Version : 24-3AAA Football

smokey
05-13-2004, 09:37 AM
With Bridge City falling apart, can anyone challenge WO Stark next year in this district? Maybe Anahuac or Hamshire Fannett?

middleagecardinal
05-13-2004, 09:46 AM
NOPE!!!

JasperDog94
05-13-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by smokey
With Bridge City falling apart, can anyone challenge WO Stark next year in this district? Maybe Anahuac or Hamshire Fannett? LOL...:nerd: :nerd:

Cat22
05-13-2004, 11:18 AM
No one will challenge WO-S in district, they are just too athletic, but again anything can happen. If BC can keep their team together, they will be good next year along with HF, although HF has been talking smack on other boards about how they are going to whip everyone including WO-S. This has gotten WO-S fired up and they can't wait to play HF now. This new district is really going to be tough. I predict WO-S will win the district, but after them I think any of the remaining teams (Orangefield, Anahuac, Hardin Jefferson, Hamshire Fannett or Bridge City) could take the final two playoff spots.

X21AAAPlayer
05-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Falling apart? I associate with quite a few of the juniors and seniors next year and from what I've heard there should be a few surprises. Just wait and see. Hard work does pay off and there will be quite a few athletes that will prove this.

Cat22
05-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by X21AAAPlayer
Falling apart? I associate with quite a few of the juniors and seniors next year and from what I've heard there should be a few surprises. Just wait and see. Hard work does pay off and there will be quite a few athletes that will prove this.
X, I think what Smokey was referring to about BC falling apart was the thread started by OC about the rumor going around BC about some kids quitting football.

WOSgrad
05-13-2004, 12:39 PM
The Mustangs will take everybody seriously in 24-3A. However, I expect to see them in the 3A division I playoffs.

JasperDog94
05-13-2004, 12:49 PM
WOSgrad, what year did you graduate?

WOSgrad
05-13-2004, 01:02 PM
'86. To show you how long it has been since I graduated, the 'Stangs were in the 5A playoffs my senior year!

GUNHO
05-13-2004, 01:12 PM
I agree with WOSgrad.I see no problems for this year.Now next year could be different.

JasperDog94
05-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Why is that?

WOS92
05-13-2004, 01:49 PM
I think that even with all of the other teams at full strength, WO-S would have to be the odds-on favorite in this district. Of course, anything can happen on any given Friday, but the Mustangs are coming off a season where they played some of the best in 4A and won. Two losses to playoff teams by a combined six points kept them out of the postseason, but 8-2 is more than respectable with the likes of Bay City, PN-G, Nederland, Beaumont Central and Beaumont Ozen on the schedule. I don't know what to make of all the talk about the Cards, but I'd hate to see our first year back on their schedule be a "down" year for them. I'd like to see both teams at 100%. Orangefield should be a fun and challenging game, as should Anahuac. I'm not worried about hf, although "The Hat" is a bit frightening. Is it made of plutonium? Does it shoot fire? I don't know. Should be a fun year!

WOS92
05-13-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm actually looking forward more to next year than the coming year. Beasley will be a veteran, and we have "the second coming" of Franks :) They say KJ's little brother will make everyone forget about Kerry, who will be playing at Texas A&M next year and probably on Sundays before long. I also hear we have a fantastic young QB prospect - not Beasley - who is going to knock our socks off. Plus, if CT and MF are back - which I hear is a near certainty - the discipline will be back.

JasperDog94
05-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Okay, I'll bite. What's "The Hat"?

WOS92
05-13-2004, 02:06 PM
According to Hamshire-Fannett posters on other boards, we'd all better watch out, because their team brings "the hat" to every game.

JasperDog94
05-13-2004, 02:11 PM
...and that's helped them how in the past few years...

WOS92
05-13-2004, 02:12 PM
It's my understanding that they did beat Buna.

WOS92
05-13-2004, 02:13 PM
http://www.trianglefootball.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000884

Cat22
05-13-2004, 02:24 PM
"Orangefield should be a fun and challenging game"

WOS92, I wish I felt the same way. OF lost almost 20 seniors and return very few on offense with any varsity experience. OF will be trying to fill some holes early on, especially on the O-Line. I think OF only has one O-linemen back from last year, hopefully these younger guys will step it up.

WOS92
05-13-2004, 02:28 PM
The O-line is a tough place to replace a bunch of kids, and it's the most important part of the team if you're going to have success against the WO-S D :( I know we've struggled when we've had the same situation. Still, it will be fun just to see the Stangs and the Cats line up against each other for the first time. Is that game at WO-S or OF?

Cat22
05-13-2004, 02:36 PM
You said it. What made OF successful last year was the O-Line. Having to replace almost all of the line is tough. I know OF has some good underclassmen moving up, but they have little, if any, varsity experience.

I believe the game is at WO-S in week 9.

pakrat
05-13-2004, 04:24 PM
WOS will dominate the district, but in a couple of years, they will suffer from lack of competition on the district level and will have a tough time in the playoffs outside of their region. Players learn to play by playing the best and WOS needs to play the teams that can bring it on.

WOS92
05-13-2004, 06:46 PM
But if WO-S continues to schedule teams like they usually do in the pre-district, they should have plenty of tough competition - Bay City, Nederland, Jasper, Newton, Beaumont Central, Beaumont Ozen, PN-G, etc....