PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Place Baseball Teams Still In Playoffs

Sans Couth
05-12-2004, 10:19 PM
I just looked at the brackets and there are 13 teams that finished 3rd in district, and advanced to the next round.

mwynn05
05-12-2004, 10:22 PM
thats a pretty high percentage

kaorder1999
05-12-2004, 10:22 PM
awesome...sometimes those districts have three good teams...

wildstangs
05-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Some teams even have 4 or 5 good teams. Merkel is the only team to beat our district champion, Snyder, and they didnt even make the playoffs.

Phil C
05-13-2004, 09:02 AM
Another thing is that sometimes a team will not peak till very late in the season and then have great momentum into the playoffs. Also sometimes injuries may have hurt them in the quest for district and these players are healthy come playoff time and they start playing great. Of course the third place teams left in the race after this week will really be something.

VWG
05-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Baseball is a game where momentum and peaking at the right time can carry a team. Plus, baseball doesn't take the overall physical element that football has. Not to say that baseball players aren't physical athletes, but if a district champ meets a good pitcher that is hot that day, then it could be trouble!

Bandera YaYa
05-14-2004, 10:39 AM
This chatter is so interesting to me......being that when the Bandera Bulldogs entered the football playoffs, I heard so much angst about how a 3rd place team had no right to play for the big ring, much less acutally TAKE the big ring. Remember??????? :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:[COLOR=deeppink]So........here's to all those 3rd place teams.....play hard ....you CAN win it all and you will deserve it, when you do!! PEACE!

Ranger Mom
05-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I heard so much angst about how a 3rd place team had no right to play for the big ring, much less acutally TAKE the big ring. Remember???????

I remember Ya Ya....I remember!!! :crying: :weeping:

Bandera YaYa
05-14-2004, 11:39 PM
You were a gracious opponent....there were 2 champions made that day!