PDA

View Full Version : Other Bridge City baseball pitchers

Old Cardinal
05-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Many people are starting to become aware of Sophomores Broc Hayman 7-0 with 67 strike outs and Kevin Angelle 9-0 with 114 strike outs. Let's look at two other Cardinal pitchers-
Darrell Stevens has a 6-0 record with a great 0.24 ERA with 64 strike outs. Following Darrell, is Brian Bailey a "closer", with 25 innings and another great 0.26 ERA and 22 strike outs. Remember BC has three other very capable pitchers besides these four!

With a team batting average of .316 and a .533 on base percentage; coupled with 41 stolen bases to their opponents 12 stolen bases-- the Cardinals might well sail through many opponents. But in Region III they will fight to continue to win against many worthy opponents.

The only other pitcher that I know of with comparable stats is Allen Harrington, ace of the 13 year old and later 18 year old Babe Ruth World Series Champions-that is pitching his fourth season for the #3 ranked 4A PN-G Indians. Harrington has a 10-0 record with 115 strike outs and a superb 0.21 ERA. BC led the Indians through a ballgame but lost it at the end: one of the rare loses for the Cardinals this season.

kaorder1999
05-12-2004, 10:09 PM
bridge city have a coach leave? i saw they had a var. secondary job open....

Old Cardinal
05-12-2004, 10:37 PM
They had an excellent QB Coach retire. With as many Coaches as a HS has, it would be hard to say. They have their share of turnover, but I am not familiar with anyone leaving......

kaorder1999
05-12-2004, 10:44 PM
i see..thanks

pinecone
05-12-2004, 10:51 PM
During the Jasper game, our radio announcer told us Bridge City was ranked #4 in 3A. That's great. Now I can see why with all that pitching. Hope you win it all for East Texas. (That is if Jasper loses their now sudden death game with Waco)

bccards
05-12-2004, 10:51 PM
OC: I'd be willing to bet that the vacancy is due to Troy Woodall retiring.. He will be missed in Bridge City!

Chris Hart
05-13-2004, 12:50 AM
Old Card, I wish you would wait until after the season to tout the Cardinal baseball team. I know, and I think most know that they are very good/talented. I'm not saying this because it offends me, I'm saying it because I don't want to see you jinx them(like you did the girls softball),LOL. Just kidding, but after you had touted the softball team and them being ranked #1 and losing in the first round, I found myself feeling sorry for you. I wish the Cards the best of luck and hope they do well and avoid the Old Card jinx.;) :hand:

Sittin' Fastball
05-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Don't listen to Hart Old Card, keep up the good work. Jinx on brother......

Old Cardinal
05-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Chris, There was really no reason to feel too sorry about the girls-they lost to an excellent team in Elgin. Yes you always want to win; however, in the postseason it does not matter when a team comes along that out hits you that day, that is one of the best-YOU LOSE....

The girls will be back, they lose 3 Seniors, have their two pitchers back and many will play select team ball all year and be ready to play again. Had many of these good teams in Region III not had to play each other early then their record would be much better. Cold bats one day, are sudden death in most of Region III playoff games.

I thought this was what the board is all about...putting out stats and information on the boys and girls across the state to generate well informed followers that have a better idea of what their teams are up against.

When I see youth giving an extra effort and training till it hurts-I am going to brag on them-they need the support and encouragement. All to many now have parents that are just too busy to lend them support.

Rabbit'93
05-13-2004, 10:44 AM
I thought this was what the board is all about...putting out stats and information on the boys and girls across the state to generate well informed followers that have a better idea of what their teams are up against.

Until someone from region II does it..then they get shot down by you.;) ;) ;)

Should be some interesting playoffs. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Old Cardinal
05-13-2004, 12:06 PM
I am sorry that the HS Baseball Magazine, Coaches Poll, myself and many others think that there are other Texas teams of quality beside Forney. You handful of folks cannot be satisfied until everyone in the world thinks Forney HS baseball is the best team in the history of the world! To brag on your youths' accomplishments is one thing but to catagorically proclaim your team as superior in every respect above the top ten teams on the public polls is maybe a little much.

pakrat
05-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Just keep shoving it at 'em OC!

JRabbit_Fan
05-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I am sorry that the HS Baseball Magazine, Coaches Poll, myself and many others think that there are other Texas teams of quality beside Forney. You handful of folks cannot be satisfied until everyone in the world thinks Forney HS baseball is the best team in the history of the world! To brag on your youths' accomplishments is one thing but to catagorically proclaim your team as superior in every respect above the top ten teams on the public polls is maybe a little much.

I'm not sure about being the best in history. You would have to put the Yankees up there with us. By the way are'nt they in Region III?LOL

Rabbit'93
05-13-2004, 05:34 PM
OC you do the same thing and if you say you don't then you're fibbing. I think you judge some of us Forney folk by the few that you may have a distaste for on this board. My comment was made "tongue-in-cheek".

Polls have never meant jack to me. Sure it's nice to be recognized by someone but they just don't hold their weight.

Just think....in a couple of months you probably won't hear any Forney people telling you how good we are in football.

Chris Hart
05-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Chris, There was really no reason to feel too sorry about the girls-they lost to an excellent team in Elgin. Yes you always want to win; however, in the postseason it does not matter when a team comes along that out hits you that day, that is one of the best-YOU LOSE....

The girls will be back, they lose 3 Seniors, have their two pitchers back and many will play select team ball all year and be ready to play again. Had many of these good teams in Region III not had to play each other early then their record would be much better. Cold bats one day, are sudden death in most of Region III playoff games.

When I see youth giving an extra effort and training till it hurts-I am going to brag on them-they need the support and encouragement. All to many now have parents that are just too busy to lend them support. Card, didn't you see where I said just kidding. I just wanted to razz you a little bit, since I haven't in a while. Keep up the good work, and still good luck to the Cards!

kaorder1999
05-14-2004, 12:23 AM
i think forney should be in the top 10...

Old Cardinal
05-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Chris, Chris: I am never upset with you! You seem to be a great fan of sports.....I think that sometimes a kid like #4 Pitcher Brian Bailey who comes in as a "closer" in 25 innings and has a 0.26 ERA needs to be complimented, no matter what school he attends....Some folks like to hear of a kid that is not in the limelight all the time but is making a solid contribution for his team. You have had many like contributions about individual youth through the years.

I must admit that it does get tiring to hear of one school all the time, irregardless of what ever the baseball subject being discussed. I think I will be glad when they can move to the new 4A site soon and bombard them with-- their team as superior to everyone in 4A circles.