PDA

View Full Version : People who's teams have been moved to 19-3A

Old Tiger
05-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Post what your team has coming back and what your predictions on your team is going to do next year. Rockdale is returning 18 letterman, pretty much the whole o-line is coming back 4 defensive line lettermen are returning, 4 recievers, a quarterback, 2 cornerbacks, 2 linebackers, and a fullback. I think we will do better that most media people or any of you will do.

Gasilla
05-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Who all is in 19-3A?

Old Tiger
05-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Rockdale, Cameron, La Grange, Smithville, Giddings, Manor, Caldwell, and Hutto

marlin fan
05-11-2004, 08:51 PM
YAY La Grange win District!!!!!!:D

Old Tiger
05-11-2004, 08:53 PM
La Grange as well as giddings graduated a lot from what I hear.

marlin fan
05-11-2004, 08:55 PM
I hope Rockdale vs. La Grange is on Marlin's bye week becuase i really want to go see that game no matter were it is!!!!

Old Tiger
05-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Would your ecplipse make it?

mwynn05
05-11-2004, 08:56 PM
marlins bye week will be either
week 6,7,8,9,10

marlin fan
05-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Would your ecplipse make it? I dunno.. but i think it will but i can take my moms car if i want to!!!

mwynn05
05-11-2004, 09:03 PM
i ithk it would be funny if you made it there then about 3 miles from your house and had to walk

La Grange
05-13-2004, 07:34 PM
This is an older topic, but I felt like I was obligated to post a reply.

La Grange will be returning 6 former starters on D, and 5 on offense. La Grange has a really tuff pre-district schedule in Cuero, Sealy, and Gonzales. After that pre-season we are dumped into district 19-3a play. La Grange and Manor I think will be batteling it out for the championship, and of course I see LG taking home the district championship.

La Grange always has a pretty stout D and this year won't be any different. With all six of the returning starters meriting all-district awards last year this La Grange D will be the fastest and most physical one of the past 5 years. Minnzenmeyer and Wolfe were 1st team outside linebackers and Welch was a 1st team inside, so the linebacker core is filled with depth and talent.

Right now the only problem for the Leps is filling in the quarterback position. At this moment we have junior next year Kyle Daniels. Kyle is a very agile and quick runner with break away speed, with him at the helm look for option after option. The entire running back core of the Lep's recieved all-district honors last year, and they are all returning. Fullback Thornton is a bruizer of a runningback, and Hernandez is very quick at getting around the corner at tailback.

Over all I see the Leps having a talent filled team on both sides of the ball, and on special teams. Next year I think the Lep's will continue on in the La Grange tradition. This team grew up through high school and middle school with all of the past success, and they are itching for a ring of their own.

2000- State Champs
2001- State Finalists
2002- Regional Semi-Finalists
2003- Regional Semi-Finalists
2004- You never know ??????? :D :D

Pudlugger
05-13-2004, 08:30 PM
To La Grange, welcome aboard and thanks for your astute analysis. I agree that the LG D will be tough. The returning core of linebackers will be very central in the Leps post-district hopes. The big questions will be in the secondary and in the middle of the down line. The leps lose all three starting defensive secondary backs to graduation. However, there are some outsatanding prospects coming up from the Frosh and JV ranks as well as Hernandez who wil play both ways next year IMO. Freshman kicker Hunter Callus who won a squeeker against Orangefield in the last 1 second with a 17 yard FG in the second round of the playoffs) is a strong contender for one of the open slots while senior Collen Zapalac will nail down the remaining third spot. As for the DTs, I like Kelsey Thornton who will divide time on O with the smaller but quicker Ulrich (4.5 speed) at fullback and has already demonstrated a prowess over center on D. Some big questions for the 2004 Leps will be in the O line. There are several talented young men who might step up to the task of filling in the interior line that graduated this past year,and if they can get the job done everything else will fall into place. Finally, the Leps will have the fastest backfield in recent history with Daniels (4.4) Ulrich (4.5) and Hernandez (4.6) as QB, FB and TB. Look for Coach V to go back to the option and Veer offense and don't count on many passes next season. When the Leps do throw they will have Mintzenmeyer as a sure handed receiver in clutch situations, but I don't see the Leps going to the air much next year.:)

lepfan
05-13-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
La Grange as well as giddings graduated a lot from what I hear.

Yes, they did...but don't count them out...They have a lot coming up too!!! They will still be strong!