PDA

View Full Version : Two strong baseball Districts in Region I

Old Cardinal
05-11-2004, 05:27 PM
I decided to check out Region I baseball on the basis of who had all 3 teams as survivors after bi-district. The results were as follows:

District 1 Canyon
Perryton
Amarillo River Road

District 3 Snyder
Sweetwater
Seminole

The remainder Districts-- 2,4,5,6, 7, and 8 had at least one team defeated.

VWG
05-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I decided to check out Region I baseball on the basis of who had all 3 teams as survivors after bi-district. The results were as follows:

District 1 Canyon
Perryton
Amarillo River Road

District 3 Snyder
Sweetwater
Seminole

Not to take away from your observation there, Old Card.... but some of the teams you've mentioned here and in previous posts had a bye week.
I will admit though, Snyder and Sweetwater make a formidable one-two punch in district 3. Canyon is stong, but don't know much about River Road (Amarillo) and Perryton.
Look out for Lubbock Cooper in Region I. Got a kid that has already signed with the Red Raiders in Lubbock, and this team has dominated all year.

The remainder Districts-- 2,4,5,6, 7, and 8 had at least one team defeated.

Old Cardinal
05-11-2004, 09:01 PM
To VWG, In every case on this whole study the District winner drew a bye. Therefore, the 2nd and 3rd teams were bi-district winners over folks from other Districts..

wildstangs
05-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Seminole could be a surprise out of Region 1. They took Sweetwater to extra innings once and played them very close the other time.

lobo12
05-11-2004, 10:33 PM
wildstangs did seminole improve since the midland greenwood tournament because we beat them like 19-4. i think we beat them twice

wildstangs
05-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Wow, I am guessing they did. I know for a fact it took Sweetwater like 9 innings to beat them once.

lobo12
05-11-2004, 10:42 PM
well i think we are a better team than we played in district because we beat presidio once and should have beat them again but o well, good luck against cooper