PDA

View Full Version : BH/Elgin game time

BHKrystal06
05-11-2004, 03:48 PM
The game will be played on Thursday, May 13th at 7:00pm at Texas A&M..

RBARKER
05-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info. This should be a great game. I hate these one game seris, I think BH is a better team in a three game seris but it is a tose up to who will win this one. Good luck Eagles

Old Cardinal
05-11-2004, 04:48 PM
I agree-this is two good teams meet!

Bellville22
05-11-2004, 09:00 PM
I agree, this should be a very good game. Barbers Hill's #7 is a pretty good pitcher and should give them a chance. She doesn't have dominant stuff, but mixes up her pitches and speed very well. She was quite effective at making big pitches at big moments in the Bellville series. Elgin obviously has pitching also, to hold BC to 1 run. I wasn't overly impressed with BH's offense, although they did get production from the bottom of the lineup (I thought this made the difference last weekend). I would venture to say that Elgin has a bit better pitching than Bellville. I think the key is BH's #4. It was clear to me after only seeing them twice that she makes things happen. Probably their best all around hitter in the lineup, not real sure why she doesn't lead off, because she is certainly a spark who is dangerous on the basepaths as well. If Elgin can keep her off base, they'll have a good chance.

Should be yet another great Region III game where anything can happen.

For the heck of it, I'll say....

Elgin 2, Barbers Hill 1

RBARKER
05-12-2004, 07:37 AM
Good review of BH Bellville22. BH stong points are Defense, Pitching and Smart play. This team really has no Superstar they just play well together and are well coached . The BH Offense will not impress anyone they just play ball wilth really no threat of bombing one over the fence. Nothing Fancy just pound it out Softball. I hate to make a prediction on the game because I know it will be low scoring and unless someone sqeaks out a run in regulation it will go into extra innnings.

onfirebball05mustang
05-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Although once our rival team:
GO ELGIN GO!!!!

Bellville22
05-13-2004, 11:23 AM
I think College Station might wash away. It got pretty erie a couple times last night and early this morning up here.

Any word on where and when this game will be played now?

RBARKER
05-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Havn't heard anything yet but this game will probally be moved or played underwater:D

RBARKER
05-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Update : softball playoff games have change the site for tonight's games. softball game is still scheduled for 7:00.

The softball game with Elgin will be in Brenham. The directions that were given to me are:

Take Hwy 290 to Brenham
Exit Loop 557 (Horton Drive) to the right
Turn right on BUS 36
Turn right at the first light

Note: Based on current weather conditions, the softball site could change again. If it changes before 2:30, I will post the changes.

eagle.eyes
05-13-2004, 07:11 PM
BH baseball & softball cancelled tonight!