PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Sealy 7 on 7 boys!

fullhouse
05-10-2004, 01:35 PM
What an awesome performance by the Tiger 7 on 7 team on Saturday at the tournament at U of H! These 10 boys beat Houston Madison (5A), Cy Springs (5A), Alief Hastings (5A), and Friendswood (4A). They lost in the final game to LaMarque 21 to 20. Our last touchdown, a pass from Brantly to Palmer in the endzone, was called as offensive pass interference (it wasn't, of course!) and, therefore, didn't count. Each of those teams we played had a minimum of 20 players (LaMarque had about 35 to 40), and our 10 boys played their hearts out both ways. Great job fellas. I'm looking sooooo forward to next season! Go Tigers!!!

JasperDog94
05-10-2004, 01:39 PM
That's impressive. Lamarque had a heck of a team last year. I know that they had some studs to choose from.

PS. Did your coach throw the red flag so that the refs could look at it again on instant replay or was it in the final 2 minutes?

fullhouse
05-10-2004, 01:57 PM
It was towards the end of the game, but the ref that made the call wasn't in any position to make it. Some of the other coaches that were right there said that the LaMarque kid actually was holding our receiver's shirt and our kid didn't touch him. I don't think it was filmed anyway. We're just elated that our boys not only hung with those huge, talented teams, but played with TRUE HEART and determination. Does a mom's heart good to see all those grinning faces :inlove:

Old Tiger
05-10-2004, 03:36 PM
congrats, Rockdales boys beat La Grange and Lexington in the league type thing in Lexington.

BrahmaMom
05-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Way to go, Tigers!! Fullhouse, keep that boy healthy!