PDA

View Full Version : Starting Freshman

CRHSeagle
05-09-2004, 10:32 PM
How many seniors from this last football season do u think will start next year in college or at least play a little?

Old Tiger
05-10-2004, 07:43 AM
McGee is probably the only one who will get any playing time as a freshmen in college. Most freshmen get red-shirted.

Chris Hart
05-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Old Tiger, McGee may get some playing time this season. I personally would love to see him redshirt and give himself more time to learn. I have seen many of good QB prospects ruined by coaches throwing them to the wolves before they are prepared which in turn tends to give the QBs 'happy feet'. McGee is one of the most poised QBs I've seen at any level, and I'd hate to see all that talent wasted. Who knows, McGee may be one of the few that can start/play as a true freshman and not be affected, but those guys are few and far between. With the right kind of coaching, I see McGee being a high draft pick one day in the future. Hopefully he will stay injury free, and the A&M coaching staff will bring him along slowly and get the most out of his potential.

Masseter
05-10-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm probably going to get a lot of crap for this but oh well. Kellen Heard of Wharton is going to Miami. IF he changes his work ethic and IF he changes his attitude I think it's possible he could play next year at Miami. I understand that those are huge IF's, but looking at just his size and strength, It could be possible he plays next year.

Phil C
05-10-2004, 09:24 AM
I know she is at a 4A school but Kingsville catcher Julie Canales is going to attend Texas A&M University at Kingsville (the Lady Javelinas) and she is a terrific catcher. She doesn't make errors and when players try to steal second she gets gets the ball there to get them out nearly every time. She has been a starter since her freshman year. She even has success getting them out at first when they are just leading off and not trying to steal. Plus she is a good consistent hitter too. A big steal for the Javelinas and a big loss to some of the Big 12 schools.

Old Tiger
05-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Old Tiger, McGee may get some playing time this season. I personally would love to see him redshirt and give himself more time to learn. I have seen many of good QB prospects ruined by coaches throwing them to the wolves before they are prepared which in turn tends to give the QBs 'happy feet'. McGee is one of the most poised QBs I've seen at any level, and I'd hate to see all that talent wasted. Who knows, McGee may be one of the few that can start/play as a true freshman and not be affected, but those guys are few and far between. With the right kind of coaching, I see McGee being a high draft pick one day in the future. Hopefully he will stay injury free, and the A&M coaching staff will bring him along slowly and get the most out of his potential. I could find out what is gonna happen because my cousin is in charge of making sure he and many other of the A&M football players get to class. She wraps them in the morning for their workouts. Next time I talk to her I'll find out what is going to happen with him.

pakrat
05-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
McGee is probably the only one who will get any playing time as a freshmen in college. Most freshmen get red-shirted.

Does this mean you think A&M is desperate?

kaorder1999
05-10-2004, 06:51 PM
A&M already has some good qbs there....especially one htat will prolly hardly ever leave the field....he should red-shirt

Sans Couth
05-10-2004, 09:20 PM
To tell you the truth, I am sure McGee will Red-Shirt unless something happens to Reggie McNeal.

Shipley probably has a better chance at playing time early, because he is a utility player, and Texas graduates their entire receiving corp this year.

CRHSeagle
05-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
A&M already has some good qbs there....especially one htat will prolly hardly ever leave the field....he should red-shirt

thats exactly what I was thinking

Sintonfbplayer04
05-11-2004, 04:54 PM
When we played Burnet for the Region IV title. I thought McGee was an outstanding player. I played on the D-Line and when I got threw (very few times) their outstanding O-Line, it was really hard to get a sack on McGee. He can basically do anything: scramble, throw, run, whatever he wants to do he can do it. I give a lot of credit to the Burnet team. Good Luck next year Burnet. Too bad we will not be able to play yall next year.