PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Shipley

AggieJohn
05-09-2004, 05:10 PM
So i know that mcgee went to A&M, WHOOP!, a semester early, but i was wondering why did shipley stay behind at burnet..?

Old Tiger
05-09-2004, 07:06 PM
probably to walk across the field with his classmates and friends

Sans Couth
05-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Isn't he also running the 200M at the State Track Meet?

AggieJohn
05-09-2004, 09:36 PM
i've just heard several things..curious to see what happened

Chris Hart
05-09-2004, 10:03 PM
I have heard that the main reason Jordan remained in Burnet instead of enrolling early at UT, is because he wanted to have the chance to play for a State Championship in golf. Burnet's golf team will be playing for State this coming weekend I think. In addition he has qualified for the 200m and the 4x200 relay at the state meet. But, I've heard the main reason was golf, and not track. His track timesare still good, but I can't help but think the golf time has hurt his track times some, but on the otherhand I think Burnet has better chance of bringing home the title in golf, than Shipley has in the 200m or on the 4x200 relay team. I wish him the best in all of his activities. Go Dawgs!

Old Dog
05-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Chris, you have stated exactly what I have heard around Burnet. Jordan wants to enjoy his Senior spring and compete a little more.

On the other hand, McGee is such a serious mined and focused young man that early graduation and playing spring ball at Aggieland is right down his way of thinking (that in no way says Jordan is not serious minded). McGee was just ready to move on!

spiveyrat
05-10-2004, 06:19 AM
He may have some requirements he still needs to meet to graduate.

AggieJohn
05-10-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Chris, you have stated exactly what I have heard around Burnet. Jordan wants to enjoy his Senior spring and compete a little more.

On the other hand, McGee is such a serious mined and focused young man that early graduation and playing spring ball at Aggieland is right down his way of thinking (that in no way says Jordan is not serious minded). McGee was just ready to move on!

just curious, if anyone could get into the mindset of mcgee and football, what it would be like

BIG19
05-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
He may have some requirements he still needs to meet to graduate.
He, like McGee had all the 'squares' filled to graduate early, he just wanted to finish out his senior year and all that goes with it. Can you blame him?

spiveyrat
05-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Nope, I don't blame him at all.

JasperDog94
05-10-2004, 12:58 PM
I loved my senior year. There's no way I would've given up that time. I had way too much fun.

AggieJohn
05-10-2004, 04:08 PM
so could you venture to say that both guys were extreme opposites...one going to A&M, one going to T.U.....one very focused and set on college and the next step, one wanting to hold out and enjoy the rest of a crucial time in your life....hmm, thoughts?

3afan2K3
05-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
so could you venture to say that both guys were extreme opposites...one going to A&M, one going to T.U.....one very focused and set on college and the next step, one wanting to hold out and enjoy the rest of a crucial time in your life....hmm, thoughts?
Actually I think one of them is going to The University of Texas. Where it T.U. located at? I have never heard of it.

Old Tiger
05-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Tarleton University?

3afan
05-10-2004, 04:57 PM

TU ???? please dont start that just cause you got accepted ... you should at least be a soph before you start making a fool of yourself ... :D

Sans Couth
05-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
Actually I think one of them is going to The University of Texas. Where it T.U. located at? I have never heard of it.

3afan2K3,

Explayer is just starting early on his disrespect of the Unifversity of Texas.

It is an Aggie thing that he is already having inbred into his brain.

Don't pay any attention to it. He cannot help himself. That is just the way they do things.

JasperDog94
05-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Let's at least wait until closer to the UT/A&M game before we start this up again...:rolleyes:

olddawggreen
05-10-2004, 07:16 PM

I don't think that the guys are extreme opposites at all, both are very driven and commited to their sports. I believe that McGee has had a life long dream to go to A&M and after making that dream happen, saw an excelent opportunity to graduate early from highschool and step right into a great situation and get started, Shipley on the other hand made his decision to go to UT because after researching UT and other schools football programs, decided that UT offered the best program for him. Shipley also wasn't ready to stop competing in highschool, as mentioned before, he is on the golf team and is running tract. I understand that at one point he also considered playing baseball, but found his plate pretty full with everything else.

Personality wise, its been my experience that McGee and Shipley are a bit different, McGee being more outgoing and Shipley more reserved, both are dedicated, fine young men and both are Christian atheletes who have set a fine example for others to follow. I personally believe that they will be successful in what ever they decide to do in life.

Sans Couth
05-10-2004, 09:13 PM
If you remember, as the 3A coverboys for the DCTF last year. It was mentioned that BOTH of them had the credits to graduate early. So it is obviously a decision not based on grades. I think they BOTH made good decisions.

AggieJohn
05-11-2004, 11:08 AM
thanks for the dl old dawg......