PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill Advances w/ 1-0 Victory

Bellville22
05-08-2004, 06:21 PM
As if any of us had any nails left to bite after last night's 11 inning marathon, BH and Bellville provided us with yet another close game, this one only taking 7 innings. Barbers Hill managed the lone run of the game in the bottom of the 4th, and advances to play Elgin next week.

Tough day for the Brahmanettes. They hit the ball, sometimes hard, just weren't able to find the holes. They also left several runners on base and in scoring position. Barbers Hill's pitcher did a great job of throwing strikes and allowing her defense to make plays, and they did. Bellville had their chances to get runs on the board, but couldn't execute certain situations. Throw in a few base running mistakes, and they ended up with 0 runs.

Tremendous series though between to very good teams. Both of these teams played their hearts out and provided us with some tremendous softball. BH has pretty solid pitching and seem to hit throughout their lineup, they'll give any team a run for their money. I was very impressed by their #4, the CFer. Hitting, defense, baserunning, she was terrific at it all.

Can't put into words how proud I am of this Bellville team. One of the best teams we've had in a while, just ran into a killer of a bracket. #13, you continue to make me proud with your leadership and courageous play. You've got lots of good softball ahead of you. I'm proud of you and I love you. This was a very young team, and they'll be a force for years to come. The 1,2, 3, and 5 hitters were all FR or SO's, and the top two pitchers were a JR and a FR. Plus the talent coming up from the Jr. High level, this team can make a serious run in two years or so. Heads up Brahmanettes, no shame in bowing out of this region early. You certainly showed that you're one of the top teams in the state, congrats.

BHKrystal06
05-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Congratulations Barbers Hill!!! :clap: :clap:

RBARKER
05-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Congrates Barbers Hill on a great seris I wasn't at the games but I will be there for you next week. To Bellville sounds like yall have a great team this region is very tough, just look at what happened to #1 Bridge City you never know what is going to happen in this game. Right now Splendora looks like the team to beat after run rulling Manor. All of the other games in the region have been pretty close. Well BH Elgin is next and they must have a good team and fealing pretty confident after last week. Good luck BH I for one am proud of you and what you have accomplished this year.

Bell_06
05-08-2004, 09:11 PM
After the introduction of the teams, the National Anthem was played.... I closed my eyes and gave great thanks to everyone in the armed forces.... I thanked them for ensuring the freedom that we know, to be able to stand with 30 plus of our female students and know that they have the rights to receive a good education and develop into fine individuals.

The Barber Hills games were played well in the spirit of the game. One team had to move on and I know the better one did. There were a few shed tears, but there was no need.... after all it's simply a game. I'll save my tears for the day our daughters no longer have these opportunities.

Have a blast with the rest of your play-off schedule, Barbers Hill. We'll be seeing you again next year :) My daughter Delanie Sloan #9-catcher and I sincerely wish you all the best... Play Safe, Play Smart

AggieJohn
05-09-2004, 05:15 PM
how did liberty do anyone know?

Brahma73
05-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Bellville22 summed up the Barbers Hill vs. Bellville area playoff series quite well. In a series where two very evenly matched teams play, little things will likely decide the victor. Unfortunately for the Brahmanettes, those little things were in short supply, particularly on the offensive side. Time after time, huge plays were made and big pitches were pitched as both defenses really dug in. If one were to have used on-base traffic as any indicator of the outcome of the games, he would have been shocked to know that in 18 innings, only 5 runs crossed the plate (and three of those were in the 11th inning of the 1st game when the wheels came off for the girls in red & white.)
In the "big thing" category, both teams were abundantly supplied. These were two teams of enormous character and fortitude. These are 2 gutsy groups of young ladies who just never quit. No one who was at the game could disagree that either team could have easily one either or both of these games. They were nail-biters all the way, and the young ladies on both teams left it all on the field. The fans were exhausted along with the girls. I'm proud of our team and theirs. There were no marquis players on these squads; no all-americans; no drooling college scouts in the stands; no prima donna attitudes.
These were two great TEAMS. Bellville has face much better pitchers this year, but none who made better pitches when it counted. Bellville is a team that averaged over nine runs a game in its district run. Barbers Hill won two games in a row, but couldn't rest until the last out. ...softball at its best!
Kate played first base for us. She proudly wears jersey #13 and is a true leader on this team. I'd say that even if she wasn't my daughter. Probably one of the greatest compliments I could pay her would be that she reminds me of her big brother (Bellville22) on the field - a player of enormous talent and character who makes everyone around her better. She's my baby and the last of mine to finish high school. Her brothers preceded her at Bellville, and I know they're as proud of her as I am. She'll play lots more ball at the next level, but these high school years are precious.
Your hard work and commitment have served you well, Kate. Congratulations and love from your #1 fan.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh, and by the way, look for the Brahmanettes to be back with a vengeance in 2005.

middleagecardinal
05-10-2004, 07:36 AM
Hey B73, sorry to hear ya'll are out also. Congrats to Bellville on a great season. We fell a little short Friday night also. Pitchers duel for a while but they got the best of us. That's why they play the game. Time for summer ball. Stay in touch and maybe we'll see you around.