PDA

View Full Version : Best Jersey's

Super_Fan
09-18-2002, 09:08 PM
What are some of the best jersey's you've seen in 3A?

PPHSfan
09-18-2002, 09:12 PM
I would say the ones with the most Mud Blood Sweat and Tears on them have got to be the best hands down.

mwynn05
09-18-2002, 09:26 PM
our new unis are pretty nice we have sewed (SP?) on numbers and everything

AggieJohn
09-18-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05:
our new unis are pretty nice we have sewed (SP?) on numbers and everything

that's tite...liberty's home jersey's are pretty choice...their black and gold and follow the style kind of like the tops to the denver broncs....their helmets are all gold like Notre dame and have a Big P like Purdue's...it's choice...add black socks and shoes and you've got pure fear...now all we need is talented players!!!!!

PPHSfan
09-18-2002, 09:38 PM
Our jerseys are plain orange with no names sewed on. And our helmets are plain white with no letters. But we have been in the playoffs 28 times, 22 times in the last 23 years :-) toot toot

oh yea...and three state championships :-)

[This message has been edited by PPHSfan (edited September 18, 2002).]

slpybear the bullfan
09-18-2002, 10:18 PM
You know PPHSfan, shame on me for not knowing just how impressive those numbers are. That is some pretty good tradition ya'll have going on there.

My vote for the best Jerseys go to Kennedale. I thought they were pretty cool. Bridgeport's are pretty good, just the basic Maroon and White with big B's on the helmets.

hmmm, that reminds me, I need to get a picture for that guy who has the site with all the Texas HS football helmets on it.

slpybear

sinton66
09-18-2002, 10:40 PM
Wow, Bridgeport and Sinton have something in common. We call ours "maroon", but it's more burgandy. Sinton's uni's are SHARP. Both home and away unis look very professional. Silver headgear with "the never ending S" and lots of little "stickers" by the end of the season.

slpybear the bullfan
09-18-2002, 10:44 PM
Sinton66, I really like Maroon as a football Uni.

I really liked the Bulls uniforms back around '80.

They took the Dalls Cowboys uniforms and used silver, maroon, and white. Silver pants with maroon and white stripes, etc...

It looked good to us kids back then!

Adios,

slpybear

Jacket2000
09-19-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by sinton66:
Wow, Bridgeport and Sinton have something in common. We call ours "maroon", but it's more burgandy. Sinton's uni's are SHARP. Both home and away unis look very professional. Silver headgear with "the never ending S" and lots of little "stickers" by the end of the season.
I dig the Sinton jerseys, but that "Safeway S" has gotta go! I think the skull-n-bones that's on the sleeves would look sharp on the side of the helmet.
J2K

District303aPastPlayer
09-19-2002, 10:12 AM
J2K, i have to agree and disagree with you. The 'Never Ending S' has been with our school for years, since my mom has been there. BUt granted, that skull and cross bones on our sleeves would have looked nice. The think i like about our jerseys were that in front on our maroons, it said nothing. the back had last names only. our whites had a little patch that said pirates, and our last names on the back. To tell you the truth, the Sinton Whites are a much better uniform than the maroons. But that is only one former pirates opinion.

SintonFan
09-19-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
I dig the Sinton jerseys, but that "Safeway S" has gotta go! I think the skull-n-bones that's on the sleeves would look sharp on the side of the helmet.
J2K

LOL... we don't have any Safeways down here!
But, maybe we can get a big 'HEB' for Hebronville! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

2futurecard'smom
09-19-2002, 10:53 AM
I personally like Bridge City's red and white uniforms............not that I am prejudice or anything...........

VWG
09-20-2002, 08:01 AM
I go for whoever has tradition on their s ide. The uni's that have been there throughout the years. Look at the college ranks, Penn State, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama... they have tradition and I feel like this makes sharp uni's because everyone knows them. The teams that are changing every other year are trying to find an identity.

whtfbplaya
09-27-2002, 04:19 PM
Wharton's both home and road

exbccards76'smom
09-27-2002, 04:48 PM
I really dig Bridge City's red uniforms...but the white ones really get messed up in the mud.

GO BIG RED!!! BEAT HAMSHIRE-FANNETT!!