PDA

View Full Version : Private message help!!

Ranger Mom
05-07-2004, 10:20 AM
We have received some complaints that other posters trying to send PM's to others get a message that the PM box is full.

These posters then go to their Private Message page and don't show to have any PM's AT ALL.

This happened to me unti I realized that I was just looking at the INCOMING page....when I went to the SENT link, there was where my problems were....it was full of sent PM's that DON'T show up on your page.

If any of you are having a problem with getting PM's, check and see what's in your sent PM's....that may alleviate everything!

spiveyrat
05-07-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm having that problem too. Except, I have never seen an error message. I have heard others say there was an error message displayed when they tried to send a PM to me. I have noticed error messages in my email.

I went to my "sent" items and there is only 1 in there. I tried to contact Admin last week by email, but haven't heard anything back.

Help?

3afan2K3
05-07-2004, 12:25 PM
When you go to the private messages page, look at the left there should be a drop down menu that says "Show Messages From" you need to change the to "the beginning" then hit go and that should make all the PM's you have ever gotten that you havent deleted show up. After you do that delet the messages form the inbox, sent, and message tracking folders

rholl
05-07-2004, 12:33 PM
my problem was ....the PM gives you options for how far back to look for PM's....mine was set on one day....so when I went to see Pms' it showed none....I changed it to "5 days" and they appeard

Ranger Mom
05-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Spivey....Matthew328 said 52 messages are showing up in your PM box!

The admin can go in and delete all those, but can't be held responsible for any you might want to keep!!

spiveyrat
05-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Spivey....Matthew328 said 52 messages are showing up in your PM box!

The admin can go in and delete all those, but can't be held responsible for any you might want to keep!!

Thanks for the effort RangerMom. I explored what 3afan2k3 mentioned and sure enough, there were all those PM's. I deleted them all myself. This new bulletin board is nice, but man, there are buttons, pulldowns, and gizmo's everywhere! haha! Thank you too 3afan2k3! (Smarty pants!) ;)