PDA

View Full Version : Sports Banquet

Bell_06
05-05-2004, 11:45 PM
I'm curious as to which school have already had or will soon have their sports banquet.

Bellville is scheduled for Monday evening, May 10th.. the reason I am asking is it makes no sense to me why they would hold it knowing that most of our teams most likely can not participate, and after all, I thought the banquet was for the students. Bellville softball and baseball teams are currently in playoffs, the golf team is going to state, the tennis team still has members playing competition... I could not find a track schedule to know if track has been completed, but I didn't think it was.

Maybe I'm just being sensitive, but I know a lot of kids who have worked hard this past season.... many of these kids will have earned special recognition and so when will their awards be handed to them? And why would any school hold a banquet knowing that the majority have not finished their season?

Unless I'm mistaken, our earlier banquet was held off until after the end of the football season.... just wondering what other schools are doing. It just seems to me that Bellville may have forgotten the STUDENT in their student banquet.

Phil C
05-06-2004, 08:43 AM
I can see your point Bell. I don't know when Sinton is having theirs. But if your team is in the playoffs in softball or baseball then if they waited they couldn't have it until after graduation since these tournaments are in June. And a lot of students after that are scattered due to vacation time so you would lose a lot there. So maybe all they can do is just pick a date and hope for the best even though not all are through which isn't so bad anyway.

Bell_06
05-06-2004, 10:58 AM
I didn't mean to imply that they should wait for each and every team to be out of the playoffs, but there is still a lot of time left before graduation. Just appears to me that once again no other sport or student in those "other" sports is being given the same respect as our beloved football and volleyball programs.

Last year the banquet was held later in the season, this year it's been moved up by 2 weeks. We have several on our teams that will qualify for All Academic awards also... those kids worked very hard and after all that is what we are suppose to be striving for in our sports programs.

kaorder1999
05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
already had ours

Bell_06
05-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
already had ours So does that mean that they only awarded Basketball or are most of your other teams out of their final games?

kaorder1999
05-06-2004, 03:31 PM
we have a couple people competing in the state track meet but thats it. Everything else is finished...but they were still recognized

Old Tiger
05-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Rockdale's will be monday

lepfan
05-06-2004, 10:42 PM
LG's was on April 22nd...

Brahma73
05-06-2004, 11:21 PM
There was a time when I had something to say about Bellville's banquets. ROFLMAO!!!! (Bellville22 and Bell_06 only will understand that one!)

I'm with you, 06.

Bell_06
05-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Hey 73... After reading the newspaper this evening it became quite clear that this is not a sports banquet for our hard working students, instead it's an honor for the incoming Bellville Hall of Fame. At least I know my daughter will look nice in her new banquet dress :) .... well as long as there are no visible bruises.