PDA

View Full Version : Airline Passenger Finds Live Frog In Salad

jason
05-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Airline Passenger Finds Frog in Her Salad

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Australian carrier Qantas said Tuesday it has changed its lettuce supplier after a passenger on a flight from Melbourne to Wellington found a live frog in her greens.

The one-inch Australian whistling tree frog didn't get a chance to hop away. The woman plunked the lid back on her meal preventing any escape.

The Qantas plane's crew notified the Quarantine Service while the plane was still in the air and officials were waiting when it landed at Wellington Airport.

"I'm afraid the frog was euthanized" in a freezer, service general manager Fergus Small told National Radio.

Quarantine officials made a check of the airplane "but no other frogs were detected," he said.

A Qantas spokesman told National Radio that the airline had changed its supplier since the February incident. Tree frogs were common in the area where the lettuce was grown.

CHS_Grad '85
05-04-2004, 09:24 AM
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/animals/krakrani.gif http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/028.gif

BullFrog Dad
05-04-2004, 09:29 AM
BullFrog Festival May 14-16 See ya' there! Almost forgot! This year we'll be having the largest salad bar in Tarrant County immediately following the bullfrog jumping contest.

Phil C
05-04-2004, 10:57 AM
What is the fuss about. I'm sure the Airline didn't charge her any extra for it.
The airline should however be fined by the Humane society for cruelty to animals though. Such cruel treatment to a helpless creature who was probably more scared of the woman than vice versa. Plus the woman should be fined for overreacting putting the poor creature in a bad spot.
:mad:

Sans Couth
05-04-2004, 12:10 PM
You would think that tree frog would be served as an apatizer on Quantas Airlines anyway.

What do you expect when you are flying from the Outback to the Way-Outback [New Zealand]?.......Peanuts?

kaorder1999
05-04-2004, 01:34 PM
you have got to be kidding....i would be one p-o'd person...

Sittin' Fastball
05-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Ribit...Ribit....

Phil C
05-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Hey Sans I'm sure the frog didn't eat that much anyway!:D

kaorder1999
05-04-2004, 03:48 PM
that frog when have cost someone their job...hehe

Sans Couth
05-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
that frog when have cost someone their job...hehe

Careful Kaorder,

You might accidently look like a Liberal if you are not careful.

Let me explain.

If you believe that because a little bitty frog manged to find it's way into its natural habitat of vegetation, and that someone should lose their job over it, or even worse, someone like the passenger deserves some kind of monetary settlement for the pain and suffering that they received at the hands of the dastardly airline, that refuses to make sure that their salad is frog-proof, then you are treading in dangerous waters.:D

Ranger Mom
05-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Poor little frog!!

I'm glad I'm not a "girlie girl" that freaks out at the sight of frogs, spiders, scorpions, snakes, etc.....I wouldn't be able to live in my house!!

crzyjournalist03
05-04-2004, 05:05 PM
so wait...you mean they killed the frog and nobody ate it???

what a waste of food...:rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
Careful Kaorder,

Let me explain.

If you believe that because a little bitty frog manged to find it's way into its natural habitat of vegetation, and that someone should lose their job over it, or even worse, someone like the passenger deserves some kind of monetary settlement for the pain and suffering that they received at the hands of the dastardly airline, that refuses to make sure that their salad is frog-proof, then you are treading in dangerous waters.:D What's wrong with being a liberal?

Sans Couth
05-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
What's wrong with being a liberal?

Nothing, unless you don't want to be mistaken for one.:D

Old Tiger
05-04-2004, 08:38 PM
It's like a chicken salad :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Nothing, unless you don't want to be mistaken for one.:D :D

kaorder1999
05-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Careful Kaorder,

Let me explain.

If you believe that because a little bitty frog manged to find it's way into its natural habitat of vegetation, and that someone should lose their job over it, or even worse, someone like the passenger deserves some kind of monetary settlement for the pain and suffering that they received at the hands of the dastardly airline, that refuses to make sure that their salad is frog-proof, then you are treading in dangerous waters.:D

i was trying to say "that frog might have cost someone their job..." It was meant to be a joke....they would fire someone for that because of how tight they are with airports now....someone gets on a plain with a nail clipper and by god, someone will lose their job now...let a frog get served in someones salad...you are going to lose your job. NO JOB SECURITY IN THE AIRLINE BUSINESS ANYMORE

Sans Couth
05-04-2004, 09:10 PM
I knew you had a perfect explanation. I am sure that you would never pitch left handed.:D

kaorder1999
05-04-2004, 11:12 PM
I knew you had a perfect explanation. I am sure that you would never pitch left handed.:D

of course not!!!