PDA

View Full Version : Whitesboro Bearcats

mr.leopard man
05-03-2004, 08:49 PM
I am going out on a limb and saying Whitesboro will make the playoffs this coming year... they are the only team in class 3A history since 1936 not to ever make the playoffs... i predict they make it this year behind Gainesville and Sanger..as the third team in district.. they have everyone returning from a 5-5 team. and they will still be mostley sophmores this coming year. i hope it happens its been 68 years for them.:clap:

kaorder1999
05-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by mr.leopard man
I am going out on a limb and saying Whitesboro will make the playoffs this coming year... they are the only team in class 3A history since 1936 not to ever make the playoffs... i predict they make it this year behind Gainesville and Sanger..as the third team in district.. they have everyone returning from a 5-5 team. and they will still be mostley sophmores this coming year. i hope it happens its been 68 years for them.:clap:

id love to be at that stadium after they win to clinch a playoff berth...hehe

HighSchool Fan
05-03-2004, 09:54 PM
It won't happen. Pilot Point will get the 3rd spot.

Sans Couth
05-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Let's see.

District 6-3A has

Bowie
Gainesville
Pilot Point
Pottsboro
Sanger
Whitesboro

and Whitesboro is gonna place in the top 3?

Whitesboro will be lucky to place one spot above dead last.

Gainesville, Pilot Point, and Sanger should rule that district until the next realignment.

kaorder1999
05-03-2004, 10:48 PM
bowie...the only other jackrabbits, besides forney, in the state if im not correct...

mr.leopard man
05-04-2004, 08:05 PM
everyone has there own opinion... but remember what i said.. whitesboro will beat pilot point and ga moore... pilot point lost like 23 seniors.i take whitesboro 2nd or third in district.:clap:

Sans Couth
05-04-2004, 08:26 PM
everyone has there own opinion... but remember what i said.. whitesboro will beat pilot point and ga moore... pilot point lost like 23 seniors.i take whitesboro 2nd or third in district.:clap:

I thought that maybe you knew something I didn't know, so I went and did a little research on Whitesboro.

In the past five years against oponents in their new district (Bowie, Gainesville, Pilot Point, Pottsboro, and Sanger) this is their combined record.

Whitesboro 1

Opposition 12

Whitesboro Points Scored 74 and 31 of those were scored in one game.

Whitesboro Point Allowed 546

I guess you DO know something that I don't know.

kaorder1999
05-04-2004, 09:25 PM
i think they are about due one....id love to see them make the playoffs...

HighSchool Fan
05-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Whitesboro's record last year was 4-6. 3 of their 4 wins came against 2a schools. 2 of their 6 loses came against 2a schools. their only 3a win came against Pottsboro, and Pottsboro only won 2 games last year. I think in Pig Latin, Whitesboro Football means cellar dweller.

Matthew328
05-05-2004, 07:06 AM
No way Whitesboro beats either PP or Sanger....they could finish 4th...but I don't think they can handle either of the 2 above mentioned teams...Pilot Point will be pretty darn good again this year.....

mr.leopard man
05-05-2004, 05:34 PM
whitesboro will be 5-5 from this past year.. since ga moore cheated and used that CJ hatten kid.. the ruling on that is like 99% sure they will forfiet 8 games from last year and that ruling is next week i believe.. so that put whitesboro at 5-5. and also pilot point will be prob in 4th since they lost everyone on varsity just about except the running back.

mr.leopard man
05-05-2004, 05:42 PM
:nerd: and remember i am saying this since i did back in october pick a gainesville vs burnet state game.. so maybe i do know something for a change haha:p

HighSchool Fan
05-05-2004, 06:05 PM
regardless if Pilot Point has to forfeit or not, Whitesboro still only won 4 games on the field. When GA won all them games at Celina don't you think he had big graduating classes? Gainesville, Sanger then Pilot Point will be the 3 teams to make the playoffs.

Sans Couth
05-05-2004, 07:18 PM
I looked up the game you are talking about, that you say will have to be forfeited, even though that is just speculation for the time being.

But either way, Pilot Point beat Whitesboro 61-7 in that game. If one kid is responsible for that kind of swing, I sure hope he got a nice D1 ride somewhere. LOL

That theory doesn't hold water.

Whitesboro has a tradition of losing. A 76 year tradition of losing. And if you think Whitesboro will make the playoffs, then you might as well say that they will beat Gainesville to do it. Because I looked and they have never beaten Gainesville or Pilot Point that I could find. They have only beaten Pottsboro once that I could find. And I can't find a matchup with Bowie or Sanger. So if you want to say Whitesboro is gonna Surprise every one this year, then you might as well say they will surprise Gainesville too.

VWG
05-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Not keeping up with Whitesboro athletics, I have to ask. Why?
What's up with the athletic program at Whitesboro?
Is it only football they aren't competitive at?
Are they a very small school? But then Pilot Point and Celina are small 3A's now they're up from 2A.

kaorder1999
05-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Not keeping up with Whitesboro athletics, I have to ask. Why?
What's up with the athletic program at Whitesboro?
Is it only football they aren't competitive at?
Are they a very small school? But then Pilot Point and Celina are small 3A's now they're up from 2A.

i was going to ask the same question....

mr.leopard man
05-05-2004, 09:37 PM
:D i am just making a comment on whitesboro.. they are due... and i am not picking them over gainesville or sanger. but saying they will make the playoffs.. they might beat sanger tho and they will beat pilot point... watch and be surprised .. they have everyone back and and i know they wont be cellar dwellers for sure this year or the next 3 years they had the 3rd best qb and running back last year in district and they were soph and freshman and will have a winning record and surprise some people this year.as for ga moore.. and pilot point...doesnt matter what the score was of last years game... WHEN U CHEAT YOU DONT DESERVE TO WIN playing people the the uil say no to and you still play them is cheating. and unless pilot point has at least 20 move ins they will have a tough year.:D

kaorder1999
05-05-2004, 09:39 PM
hey....im with ya man....when they make the playoffs we can bring these posts back up...hehe

mr.leopard man
05-05-2004, 09:41 PM
THANK YA KA ORDER:clap:

Sans Couth
05-06-2004, 08:01 AM
:D i am just making a comment on whitesboro.. they are due... and i am not picking them over gainesville or sanger. but saying they will make the playoffs.. they might beat sanger tho and they will beat pilot point... watch and be surprised .. they have everyone back and and i know they wont be cellar dwellers for sure this year or the next 3 years they had the 3rd best qb and running back last year in district and they were soph and freshman and will have a winning record and surprise some people this year.as for ga moore.. and pilot point...doesnt matter what the score was of last years game... WHEN U CHEAT YOU DONT DESERVE TO WIN playing people the the uil say no to and you still play them is cheating. and unless pilot point has at least 20 move ins they will have a tough year.:D
I am begining to read thru the lines on this post now.

It has nothing to do with Whitesboro making the playoffs, because they are "due", otherwise you would pick them against Gainesville, or Sanger, too.

This post is just another G.A. Moore Hater, that does not want to Title his post that, but rather try and be clever and sneak his hatred up the tailpipe instead.

Shameless.

HighSchool Fan
05-06-2004, 08:15 AM
I think your right Sans. I, for one didn't like GA until I got to meet and talk to him. You don't win as many games as he has won by accident. He is a better man than he is a coach, and we all know what kind of coach he is.

Sans Couth
05-06-2004, 09:43 AM
I met the man too hsfan. I don't claim to be a great judge of character, but I felt like I was in the presence of someone really special when I met him. And I was inspired by the way he took the time to answer my questions, and how he just seemed so dang likeable. He reminded me a lot of some old farmer that you would sit and talk to at the barbershop on Saturday morning and all of a sudden look up at realize that you had missed lunch.

Cowtown
05-07-2004, 05:35 PM
At one point Whitesboro was considering hiring a sports psychologist to try to change the thought processes of the students in the school. Did anything ever come of that?

I'm not from Whitesboro, but I've gotten to know their baseball coach Cole over the last couple of years and he seems to be top notch. Their baseball team didn't finish at the bottom of the district this year and played pretty tough with only one senior, I believe.

turbostud
05-07-2004, 07:18 PM
My nephew who I just got off the phone with will be a freshman OL/DL next year at WHS. Although he will probably not be a Varsity starter he said he didnt think they will make the playoffs. He said if they were a 2a school they could but not with Gainesville, PP, and Sanger in the district. My brother said that WHS can never seem to bring in the right coach. A few years ago they hired a defensive back coach from Sherman who demoted the Track/Cross Country coach(Coach Patterson) to Jr. High because he said he didnt have enough experience. Although he only had 2 years as a Head Track/CC coach he was beginning to build a strong program and had even qualified some individuals to state. Of course Patterson left to Texas City. He also said that the Football players are not required to run Track in the offseason. IMO that is one way to build a strong program. Some schools just are never good at football. WHS and S&S Consolidated (2a) which is right next to Whitesboro have never been good although S&S has made the playoffs as recently as 97 or 98. WHS and S&S just seem to be in the void of the DFW growth. Most of the growth north seems to be happening up Hwy 75, I35, and as far north as Celina, Gunter, and PP.

3afan2K3
05-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
bowie...the only other jackrabbits, besides forney, in the state if im not correct...
correct

mr.leopard man
05-07-2004, 07:44 PM
ok i will spill the beans... my nephew started on the OL/DL for the Bearcats as a freshman last year and and was in track and powerlifting he is about 5ft10 265 freshman.. runs a 5.0 or 5.1 40 and he 100% believes they will make the playoffs..as well as all the returning starters from last year.. i think they are losing 2 or 3 starters from the 22 starters .. and the Head football coach is great here... ADAM RUPERT.. This is gonna be his 3rd year.. and is turning the program around as you will see this year, they will be alot of under classman this coming year.. and just a hand full of seniors playing. i still say at least 3rd in district.:clap: :inlove:

turbostud
05-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Graford Jackrabbits
Ralls Jackrabbits
Bowie's mascot is the Bears on the website I saw. Might be a bigger city school.

Leopards,class of 75
05-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Celina has dropped back to 2-a football. They should rule again in 2-a. Whitesboro has come a long way but I.M.O. they still have a long way to go to compete against P.P., Sanger and Gainesville. I wish them good luck during this season!

mr.leopard man
07-04-2004, 06:19 PM
i know its not 11 on 11 but whitesboros 7 on 7 team has done great... this is gonna be a exciting year for the bearcats.. they will shock the 6 3a district... they killed pilot point in 7 on 7 and others... i hope they finally make the playoffs this year.. i think 2nd next to gainesville. we will see next month.:D i will eat crow if they dont make the playoffs.. but others that think they wont its there opinion like mine and they can eat crow too :inlove:

HighSchool Fan
07-05-2004, 11:20 AM
How do you like your crow served up? No way whitesboro beats Gainesville, Sanger or Pilot Point. Pilot Point will beat them with ease. Gainesville will demolish them. It will come down to a must win against Sanger, and whitesboro doesn't have the experience to win a big game.

Maybe you can answer a question for me. whitesboro built a nice new school, with a nice gym. Why do that still play in the horrible football stadium? Is there plans to build a staduim closer to the school.

mr.leopard man
07-05-2004, 11:27 AM
no one said they woud beat gainesville.. i just said playoffs.. and the football stadium is fairly new with a brand new track

HighSchool Fan
07-05-2004, 11:37 AM
no one said they woud beat gainesville.. i just said playoffs..

I don't recall me saying that you said that they would be Gainesville. I said that their playoff chances will come down to weather they can beat Sanger or not, and that I don't think that they have the experience to win a big game.

The staduim isn't fairly new, maybe the track is. I played on that field in the early to mid 80's. The field was junk then, and it's junk now.

mr.leopard man
07-05-2004, 12:00 PM
well you are wrong im sad to say... the field you played on ran from west to east.. the new one runs north to south... and it is 4 years old.. and the old stadium had wood sets this is does not .. u need to drive by it

HighSchool Fan
07-05-2004, 12:10 PM
my son played on it last year. that youth center over there in Gainesville has a better playing field than whitesboro. The stands sit to far away from the field and their is not enough parking.

Sans Couth
07-05-2004, 12:10 PM
I drove by their new field a few weeks ago on a trip to Oklahoma. I was cruising down Hwy 82 and low and behold, there it was, a sign that said Whitesboro next exit. I jumped off at hwy 377 turned past the MacDonalds, next to some country grocery store and found the field. It was pretty nice by 3A standards. Lots of shiny aluminium, and some pretty good looking grass. But I don't think it is going to help them make the playoffs in the same District as Gainesville, Pilot Point, and Sanger.

Sans Couth
07-05-2004, 12:11 PM
I did notice that too. The stands seemed a long way from the action, especially over on the visitors side.

HighSchool Fan
07-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Hey Sans, next time you are in the area let me know. I don't think that I've ever met a genius before.

Sans Couth
07-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Hey Sans, next time you are in the area let me know. I don't think that I've ever met a genius before.

I plan on being in the Whitesboro area in a few weeks. I have some family that lives North of Whitesboro.

HighSchool Fan
07-05-2004, 04:51 PM
If you have time to play golf or something let me know. I'm just south of Whitesboro.

Sans Couth
07-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Collinsville or Tioga?:D

Sans Couth
07-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Is there a golf course in the area?

HighSchool Fan
07-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Collinsville, their is a 9 hole golf course just north of the lake off of 377. It's called Buncombe Creek.

Sans Couth
07-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Collinsville, their is a 9 hole golf course just north of the lake off of 377. It's called Buncombe Creek.

Well I will give you a holler when I come thru. I don't play too bad for an old man with a bad leg.:D

HighSchool Fan
07-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Well, I don't play too good for young man with two good legs:(

Sans Couth
07-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Well then we should be about even.:D

KTJ
07-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Nope, Bowie High School, Bowie, TX is the Jackrabbits.

Member #: 1441

Graford Jackrabbits
Ralls Jackrabbits
Bowie's mascot is the Bears on the website I saw. Might be a bigger city school.

Da Mules
07-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Also drove by Whitesboro stadium last weekend. Very nice looking facilities. The stands are set back quite a ways from the field.

turbostud
07-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Well I just spent the 4th of July in good ole Whitesboro. They have made some great improvements to the football field and track since I was in school. The town looks like it is growing and the schools are doing well. They still won't make the playoffs though.