PDA

View Full Version : Round two Softball

RBARKER
05-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Barbers Hill softball will be playing Bellville in Region III Area playoffs. The teams have opted to have a best of 3 series beginning Friday in Tomball. Listed below are the times of the games.

Game 1 Friday @ 6:00
Game 2 Saturday 1:00
Game 3 Saturday 4:00 (if necessary)

All games will be played at Tomball High School

Please list your games and times

pirate4state
05-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Tuesday:

Aransas Pass vs. Bishop @ 7P, Cabaniss Field

Thursday:

La Vernia vs. Wharton @ 7P, Shiner
Devine vs. Raymondville @ 7P, Alice

Friday:

Sinton vs. Orange Grove @ 7P, Alice
Pearsall vs. Falfurrias @ 6P, Laredo SAC Complex

TBA:
Marion vs. Hallettsville
S.A. West vs. Yoakum
Gonzales vs. Burnet

RBARKER
05-03-2004, 04:42 PM
THanks Pirate any other news on games out there ?

Bell_06
05-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Barbers Hill softball will be playing Bellville in Region III Area playoffs. The teams have opted to have a best of 3 series beginning Friday in Tomball. Listed below are the times of the games.

Game 1 Friday @ 6:00
Game 2 Saturday 1:00
Game 3 Saturday 4:00 (if necessary)

All games will be played at Tomball High School

Please list your games and times Do you know anything about the Tomball fields, such as condition? Excited to still be a part of the softball season at this point... heard that Heather pitched a great game to get you into this round. Shame all that is ever mentioned on these boards are the cousins.. Heather has been a stong member of the team for several years... to many teams make it all sound like they are one and sometimes 2-man teams at most. Bellville will be there Friday with a 16 member team. NO LESS - NO MORE

Good luck to everyone

RBARKER
05-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Bell_06
Do you know anything about the Tomball fields, such as condition? Excited to still be a part of the softball season at this point... heard that Heather pitched a great game to get you into this round. Shame all that is ever mentioned on these boards are the cousins.. Heather has been a stong member of the team for several years... to many teams make it all sound like they are one and sometimes 2-man teams at most. Bellville will be there Friday with a 16 member team. NO LESS - NO MORE

Good luck to everyone

No I havn't heard anything about the field conditions but Tomball is a pretty good school district so I expect good conditons. You right about the rest of the team not getting any ink in the local papers they are a good group of girls and play hard. Good luck to both teams It should be a great seris to watch. Do you play Bell_o6?

Bell_06
05-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Naww I'm to old... I couldn't do in a week what my daughter does in a day physically..... My daughter plays for Bellville, she once played with Heather when she was picked up by the Cobras to help fill in a slot while they played in Kansas City. She has faced Crystal many times in tournament ball as well as last year. Last year carried the number 06, but the jersey came in this year to small so she is a temporary 09 (how she thought that was close I haven't a clue)

I just know that Heather is a driving force on your team, not to mention a nice kid. We enjoyed our time with her in Kansas... I'll try and find out some information on the Tomball fields

sinton66
05-04-2004, 06:38 AM
These games(Bellville/Barbers Hill) are this weekend? I may just have to come watch.
Good luck to both teams.

By the way, the UIL website shows game time Friday to be 7:00 pm. Can yall find out and let me know for sure? RBarker, you planning on coming?

RBARKER
05-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
These games(Bellville/Barbers Hill) are this weekend? I may just have to come watch.
Good luck to both teams.

By the way, the UIL website shows game time Friday to be 7:00 pm. Can yall find out and let me know for sure? RBarker, you planning on coming?

Sinton 66 I'll try and find out the correct time fro Friday, it says 6:00 on the BH web site but I'll find out. I will not be attending the game I'm taking a little vacation this weekend just to get away maybe next weekend

middleagecardinal
05-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Bell_06
Do you know anything about the Tomball fields, such as condition? Excited to still be a part of the softball season at this point... heard that Heather pitched a great game to get you into this round. Shame all that is ever mentioned on these boards are the cousins.. Heather has been a stong member of the team for several years... to many teams make it all sound like they are one and sometimes 2-man teams at most. Bellville will be there Friday with a 16 member team. NO LESS - NO MORE

Good luck to everyone

I think this is where BC played Lufkin Hudson last year. Great field conditions. Very nice. Elevated seating. You can not sit behind the plate though. Also there is an equally nice baseball field behind that may be hosting a playoff game as well in case you might want to watch baseball also.

lobo12
05-04-2004, 11:10 AM
monahans plays canyon friday at 6 in snyder

kaorder1999
05-04-2004, 01:30 PM
who are the forney girls playing in round 2?

RBARKER
05-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
who are the forney girls playing in round 2?

Pittsburg

kaorder1999
05-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Pittsburg

awesome...thanks rbarker

RBARKER
05-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Final poll For the Girls from TGCA for those interested

1 Bridge City
2 Splendora
3 Caldwell
4 Pearsall
5 Barber's Hill
6 Canyon
7 Snyder
8 Lindale
9 Diboll
10t Elgin and LaGrange

pirate4state
05-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Bishop 4
Aransas Pass 1

Bishop will face the winner of the Falfurrias/Pearsall game.

Phil C
05-05-2004, 09:27 AM
I know it isn't 3A but 4A but last night I went to another one of my old home towns and saw the Kingsville Lady Brahmas beat Edinburgh in 6 innings 11 to 1 in softball. This might be the year the Lady Brahmas get to go to state. They have a group of seniors that have played together since junior high (where they went to state and got fifth place) and have started since they were freshmen. They were upset in the early rounds last year but the prior two years they were eliminated only by the eventual 4A State Champions and runnerups (San Antonio Spring Valley). This year they had a tough district but still won the championship. I know their star catcher Julie Canales has a softball scholarship to Texas A&M at Kingsville and she is a great catcher and hit an in field homer last night. It would be great if this great bunch of girls could make it to state. Of course if and when they meet Meagan Denney and Crowley that will probably be the end of the line but still a great year for them.

18handicap
05-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Wharton vs. LaVernia -- Thursday, 7:00, Shiner
Gonzales vs. Burnet -- Game 1, Friday, 7:00, Dripping Springs
Game 2, Saturday, 1:00, Dripping Springs
Game 3, Saturday, 30 minutes after (if necessary)