Old Tiger
05-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Anybody know how it went over there?

fred grunden
05-02-2004, 11:43 PM
The results are posted on texastrack.com

Pudlugger
05-03-2004, 07:33 AM
La Grange took 3rd in the 400 meter relay. Had a 43.0 time. All 4 guys will be in the Lep backfield next year, three starters: Daniels at Qb (4.4), Hernandez (4.6) at tailback and Ulrich (4.5) at fullback. The Leps will be quick next fall.

RBARKER
05-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Barbers Hill has three that qualified.

100m Hurdles Jennifer Kelley 15:88 2nd
300m Hurdels Ty Terrasso 39:96 2nd
1600m Relay (Boys) BH 3:25.12 2nd

Old Cardinal
05-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Michael Geoddertz a Senior in the 800m. He was definately the underdog to end up with the Gold medal in the Regional event.

Michael Gauthier a Senior qualified in both the 100m and 200m. What a trooper, after taking the Silver at the State Meet last year, he suffered football injuries to both legs and still has been able to condition himself enough to be in the State meet again this season.

Sophomore Aaron Brannen qualified in the 1600 m and also 3200 m. Aaron will be assisted by a bunch of swift young distancemen as they go for the CrossCountry Championship the next few years. These kiddos were edged out of the Championship by a seasoned Senior laden Elgin team last time and had to settle for second place.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
05-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I took first in discus and Menley from rockdale took second

It rainnnnedd it rainnneedd oh did it rainnnn. it was horrible right in the middle of the shot put it came down BADddDDd.. Two tornados touched down 2 miles from the stadium. but it stoped about 4 hours later and we finished up the meet.

I also got 3rd in shot put but the ring was so wet it was unbeliveable. nobody could get traction. i only threw a 50.7 while first and second were at 51.7 and 51.2

j_dog
05-03-2004, 11:07 PM
Jasper finished second in the 400m and 800m relays to advance. Gilder, one of their best runners, was injured at the district meet and apparently was not able to compete at Region. This may have cost Jasper a shot at also qualifying also in the 1600m relay.

Has anyone heard Gilders prospects to be ready for the relays at state? If he can return to competition it might help elevate Jasper's performance to another level.

Old Tiger
05-04-2004, 08:41 PM
It wasn't at the time that I posted that. Rockdale had 2 qualify.
Leslie Starnes - Pole Vault - 11'
Michael Menley - Discus - 159' and something i believe.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
05-05-2004, 09:55 AM
wow who deleted my post thats so gay these mods need to chill.

JasperDog94
05-05-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Diboll_Lumberjackk
wow who deleted my post thats so gay these mods need to chill.
What post?

pinecone
05-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Jasper's team seems to have been hit hard with injuries this year. Early in the season, several were mentioned as injured and one of the names has not been mentioned again in the news paper, like he hasn't competed anywhere. I wonder if we were better off when we didn't have a track and had to run on dirt everyday. Seemed to pay off in State Championships!:thinking:

pinecone
05-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Jasper finished second in the 400m and 800m relays to advance. Gilder, one of their best runners, was injured at the district meet and apparently was not able to compete at Region. This may have cost Jasper a shot at also qualifying also in the 1600m relay.

Has anyone heard Gilders prospects to be ready for the relays at state? If he can return to competition it might help elevate Jasper's performance to another level.
All I know is what was in the newsboy. They are trying to get Gilder healthy enough to run a leg in the 200 m. relays at state.
Also, Chardrick Smith was not healthy for the relays although he ran a leg on the 400 and the 800 relays. Toderick Hunt ran in the preliminaries when Jasper placed first, but was replaced for the finals because he is nursing a strained calf muscle and was limping. Jordan patton was the fastest man in the prelims for the 100 and 200 meter dash, but was disqualified in the finals for false starts in both races.

j_dog
05-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by pinecone
All I know is what was in the newsboy. They are trying to get Gilder healthy enough to run a leg in the 200 m. relays at state.
Also, Chardrick Smith was not healthy for the relays although he ran a leg on the 400 and the 800 relays. Toderick Hunt ran in the preliminaries when Jasper placed first, but was replaced for the finals because he is nursing a strained calf muscle and was limping. Jordan patton was the fastest man in the prelims for the 100 and 200 meter dash, but was disqualified in the finals for false starts in both races.
Well, at least Jasper can concentrate on the two relays at state and hope for a high team finish. I think Atlanta is bringing all their relay teams again, so the prospects of competing with them this year doesn't appear very bright.

Is Smith a senior? I think everyone is a junior or lower? The Dogs should be STRONG next year if they can avoid the injuries.