PDA

View Full Version : Can we switch from football to baseball?

Old Cardinal
12-20-2001, 04:40 PM
I really appreciate the administrators creating 3A Down Low. Is it possible for this forum to be switched to baseball in the spring. Most of us are sports fans that like to keep up and compare predictions on various sports. I follow baseball and HS girls softball just as much in the spring and would enjoy the avenue open for all of us to compare notes on these sports also....Any Comments?

Matthew328
12-20-2001, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't mind too much...actually I would love to talk some hoops since basketball season is getting into full swing and my Bulldogs are the number 3 team in the state right now! Everman has a legitimate shot at winning state in football and hoops

Rabbit93
12-20-2001, 08:40 PM
matthew i think that would be great idea. cover the whole gammett(sp) of 3A sports

[This message has been edited by Rabbit93 (edited December 20, 2001).]

Jacket2000
12-21-2001, 01:48 AM
Silly Rabbit!(sorry, I had to do it). You can talk baseball, basketball, track, or whatever you'd like on the forum, but I dont think the rest of the site will change. I, for one, have no interest in other sports. Yes, Im shallow, narrow-minded, biased, etc... So, I dont think we'll be covering any other sports. But feel free to discuss them on the board.
J2K

Hook 'em
12-22-2001, 01:55 AM
I agree....let's talk some hoops, baseball, whatever. I'll need a couple of weeks to REALLY get into basketball (as much as I hate to say it) but this past football season, especially college, has had a lot more than I think most people thought it would. With bowl week coming up, it's going to be even harder to focus on bball. Good thing my Horns don't play at home until after New Year's http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

That being said, anyone have a quick overview of what to watch for in 3A basketball this year....Who has a good shot of making it to Austin in March?...Who are the players to watch? Which region should be the toughest?...

Big D
12-22-2001, 11:17 AM
I thought there were only 2 seasons, football season and offseason. Check out The Old Coach, his board gets MORE active in the spring with realignment and job changes, etc.

Old Cardinal
12-22-2001, 03:45 PM
On baseball Bridge City went into the playoffs last year, they have two of the best pitchers in the Golden Triangle in Luther Sanders and Derek Blackshear-but as you know, it takes three ace pitchers to advance. I look for the winner of the BC vs Barber's Hill playoff game to reach the State tournament. On girls softball, they went several rounds into the playoffs, their ace pitcher Laura Gremmion is just a Junior, she was All State as a Freshman. Bridge City has a number of girls that played on National Champion teams in A-ball AFA & ASA..... We will know something about our boys baseball early on- they will again play the State Champions of Louisiana who returned the lion's share of players this year. That invitation to play each year in the best-team tournament over in Louisiana serves as a good guage in what you need to work on.