PDA

View Full Version : What the La Grange Leopards need to do...

Pudlugger
11-04-2003, 08:33 PM
this Friday night is to pull themselves together to play 4 quarters of really great football. Not 1 or 2 quarters as has been the case all season. It is now the last district game and one week to play-offs. Hutto wants to embarrass the Leps and throw the district standings into a paper shredder. Well yall need to know that that can't happen. Friday night is a test of how ready you are for the next level...playoff caliber teams and no tomorrow for the losing team. Yall have worked hard all year and have come a long way. If you play up to your potential as you have in parts of several games you will be hard to beat. Yall need to take it to the Hippos and make your statement. Good luck. :cool:

niceguy1986
11-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Are u the coach? who u talking to?? I don't think all the players go on this websight, but i may be wrong....

niceguy1986
11-04-2003, 10:12 PM
Hutto dont care about embarrising La grange, they just care about winning, if it's against La grange or Smithville, it dont matter. Hutto is the underdog and the last thing on there mind is embarrising La Grange

Ranger Mom
11-04-2003, 10:12 PM
Who knows!! Maybe he will print it out and hang it in the locker room - like I have on occasion!!

niceguy1986
11-04-2003, 10:14 PM
lol why print it out, if ur gonna do that u should just speak from the heart, words are more powerful then paper

lepfan
11-04-2003, 10:23 PM
niceguy1986:
Are u the coach? who u talking to?? I don't think all the players go on this websight, but i may be wrong....More than you think....Einstein

Mandy
11-04-2003, 10:23 PM
niceguy is right. I doubt the hippos really care as to whom they're playing. Like myself I dont really care as to who theyre playing either. Just dont set yourself up though for a downfall. Hopefully this Friday will be good. :-p

lepfan
11-04-2003, 10:45 PM
I think that is what Pud is trying to say. I guess I am not seeing what you see in his post.

Pudlugger
11-04-2003, 11:09 PM
niceguy1986:
Hutto dont care about embarrising La grange, they just care about winning, if it's against La grange or Smithville, it dont matter. Hutto is the underdog and the last thing on there mind is embarrising La GrangeOf course Hutto cares about winning, that is my point. La Grange needs to focus and play well for an entire game now that its crunch time. My post is directed at the players, many of whom read this board regularly. The senior leadership will make sure the team follows through and gets the win Friday. This team has enough talent to go deep in the playoffs and they just need to make it happen. There are 5 seniors on this team who have been there once or twice (State Final 2000 and 2001) and they know what it takes. :)

Mandy
11-04-2003, 11:28 PM
haha i was more amazed at the memory that you la grange people have wink

niceguy1986
11-04-2003, 11:46 PM
The thing im saying is you say we are out to embarrise yall, and we are not. That is what bothers me. We just want to go to the playoffs, thats all. I'm sure yall will play with emotion, Yall did win state a few years ago. Kind of irritaes me that you have predicted hutto to lose most of there games this year, and lose by large margins. For example, u predicting manor to beat us 49-7, which just tells me u have no respect for our team and do not feel that we match up with manor or giddings even la grange. If we win or lose, I don't care, i'm still happy with the teams peformence this year. We were predicted to be 0-10 by some this year. 6-4 sounds really nice right now, 7-3 even better.

Mandy
11-04-2003, 11:49 PM
haha

"show us everything you got, you drive us wild we'll drive you crazy!"

lepfan
11-05-2003, 12:59 AM
some days it is better than others, Mandy :rolleyes:

Pudlugger
11-05-2003, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by niceguy1986:
<strong>The thing im saying is you say we are out to embarrise yall, and we are not. That is what bothers me. We just want to go to the playoffs, thats all. I'm sure yall will play with emotion, Yall did win state a few years ago. Kind of irritaes me that you have predicted hutto to lose most of there games this year, and lose by large margins. For example, u predicting manor to beat us 49-7, which just tells me u have no respect for our team and do not feel that we match up with manor or giddings even la grange. If we win or lose, I don't care, i'm still happy with the teams peformence this year. We were predicted to be 0-10 by some this year. 6-4 sounds really nice right now, 7-3 even better.</strong>

Niceguy let me be the first to say I was guilty of underestimating the Hippos. You are right that I predicted scores that turned out to be inaccurate.The Hippos have surprised a lot of folks including me. That is another reason for my post. I don't want our guys to go into this game thinking Hutto is a pushover 'cause if they do they'll get anmbushed. :)

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

lepfan
11-05-2003, 08:50 AM
pud, check pm

Mandy
11-05-2003, 02:15 PM
just cant wait for Friday now

niceguy1986
11-05-2003, 04:20 PM
No disrespect for you pud, I remember last year how excited i was that we were gonna play La Grange, cause yall are one of the most well known 3a football teams right now. Well, I hope for a good game, see ya there

Mandy
11-05-2003, 04:36 PM
niceguy i'll be seeing YOU there. WHAT are you wearing so I can jump you? whats your car like again so i can slash your tires?! :p

niceguy1986
11-05-2003, 04:38 PM
well u know me, im weraing a sexy sweater and driving my no AC truck

Mandy
11-05-2003, 04:40 PM
why must you copy me?! I'm wearing the sexy sweater!!!! and i'm arriving in my spaceship :p

VarsitySISTER
11-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Let me go ahead and start with this, Number one, Hutto doesn't care about embarassing anyone, Hutto cares about playing football. Secondly, I think you could tell La Grange to be prepared until your blue in the face, but somewhere in the back of the teams head " yeah, right it's just hutto" is proably what there thinking. Take a look back at our entire season so far. Would Elgin have beat us if we didn't have an off week the week prior to the game? Had we have been alive the first half of the Manor Game, would they have even scored? For the entire season Hutto has allowed teams to score on them in the first quarter, and has continued to hold them for the other 3. Now thats a pretty good team. They also have pretty good sportsmanship, It's good to see a team that still plays strong and hard even after ridiculous calls have been called against them (smithville game). So GO Hutto, Play strong, Play Smart, Play together, IF you win make sure you win by earning it. IF you lose make sure they've earned the win by playing against one of the best teams, in 3A

Mandy
11-05-2003, 05:49 PM
varsity SISTER ARE YOU MY SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niceguy1986
11-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Hey varsitysister, u go to hutto?? im a senior

VarsitySISTER
11-05-2003, 11:20 PM
I went to Hutto nice guy, by the way your picture is in the Hutto news, newspaper. Mandy, yes it's me, you helped me do this remember.

Mandy
11-05-2003, 11:23 PM
BUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA SISTER I KNOW I DID. IT WAS A TRICK QUESTION!!!!!!!

DOWN DOWN DOWN SISTER GIRL GOING DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN SISTER GIRL GOING DOWN

niceguy1986
11-05-2003, 11:24 PM
yes, they put me in the hutto news for most handsome in the school *blushes* i told them not to give me the award but they insisted =D

Mandy
11-05-2003, 11:25 PM
yah SISTER wouldnt you agree with him being so utterly HAWT

now you'll have groupies nice guy :-o as if its a shocker manwhore.

Pudlugger
11-06-2003, 09:30 AM
Mandy:

now you'll have groupies nice guy :-o as if its a shocker manwhore.C'mon girls this is a football board, not a singles site! :rolleyes:

VarsitySISTER
11-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Pud, Calm down, she was saying it sarcasticly. WE know it's about football, that's why we post here. She's my sister, and niceguy is our friend. I'm married. If you want though you can get onto the guys that took a best boobs poll, I don't exactly think, which town has girls with hot boobs is exactly football.

VarsitySISTER
11-06-2003, 10:27 AM
whoops, never mind, you think posting lactating boobs is okay. Thats really disgusting. Not to mention immature.

Mandy
11-06-2003, 10:42 AM
Pudlugger:

Mandy:

now you'll have groupies nice guy :-o as if its a shocker manwhore.C'mon girls this is a football board, not a singles site! :rolleyes: pud youre an idiot. if you dont see the humor behind our post then please shove the unknown knowledge up your ungrateful ass.

no need to be a fag.

Pudlugger
11-06-2003, 10:53 AM
Mandy:

Pudlugger:

Mandy:

now you'll have groupies nice guy :-o as if its a shocker manwhore.C'mon girls this is a football board, not a singles site! :rolleyes: pud youre an idiot. if you dont see the humor behind our post then please shove the unknown knowledge up your ungrateful ass.

no need to be a fag.Well I see you missed the humor in my post completely. I was just pullintg your legs, why do you get so all fired up? You sure can lash out at folks! I'm really hurt! frown

Mandy
11-06-2003, 11:07 AM
hmm i think i should just start posting then my thoughts then

never take what i say personally. i actually just thought that "shoving the unknown knowledge up your ungrateful ass" was a little humourous. :-/

check your pm's.

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 01:40 AM
Mandy:

Pudlugger:

Mandy:

no need to be a fag.Nice game Mandy. Does Hutto have a good Basketball Team? :D

VarsitySISTER
11-08-2003, 11:41 AM
You know Pud, I'm gonna answer that one for her.
Ya'll did good last night, but and i don't mean to offend anyone one, but that was it just good. I know what the score said, but that's not how the game was played. I have heard all sorts of the things about la Grange and How wonderful and how great they are at playing football, even though ya'll didn't lose last night, I saw why ya'll lost to giddings.I will also say, and even you can admit this because it was obivious, either it was to cold, or they were to stressed out, but Hutto didn't exactly bring there A game. Well they did, but for whatever reason they stopped playing that way 3 min. until first half was over. They way they played the first quarter, was how they played the entire time at giddings, they wanted it, and they wanted it bad.
Then Something happen, I don't know what it was, but I know ya'lls team saw it, because from the stands your offense just looked like they were going through the motions of football,you know what I mean? However Huttos got a young football team, and Young football teams are the ones you have to be scared of, because now all they get to do is practice even harder, and work out even harder, this season was fun, and exciting, but if you thought you should have watched your backs this year for us, wait till next season, I don't think I would let the hippos out of my sight. The best for you and your team in playoffs, but let your kids know they can't just play good, they have to want it, and if you don't want it then thats all you'll do is play good, but not necissarily win all the time. See ya during baseball! :D

Mandy
11-08-2003, 12:47 PM
baseball!!!!

although its less phsyical unlike football. I hope we pull a few yankess vs. the red sox games here and there. wink

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 01:14 PM
Varsity sister you fail to give either team its due in your assessment. First, Hutto was playing inspired football during the first 8 minutes of the game running the ball right through the Lep D line. However, the turning point of the game came during the second Hippo drive when Hutto was threatening to score from the LG 15. LG put in its goal line D (two big tackles- #64 and #70). After that the Lep defense stopped the Hippos. Ya'll have one of the best kickers in 3A who easily chipped in the FG for the 3 but the stop was a moral victory for our defense. They made some needed adjustments and basically shut down the Hippo offense from that point on. It wasn't because Hutto played poorly, they were just outplayed. Hutto has some real fine young players and no doubt they will make some noise next year. As for the coaching, I don't understand why you criticize your coach. The Hippos are a very well coached team. Look at how well they played, only a handful of 5 yard penalties for off-sides and backfield in motion calls do not reflect poorly on coaching. As for sportsmanship, they were excellent. Some teams don't even take a knee on an injury time-out, but Hutto did. The La Grange player injured in the 4th was my son and I appreciated the respect of the Hutto team and fans (BTW it is only a mild sprained ankle so he'll be fine). I think Hutto played a real good game, but the Leps just wore them out due to forced turnovers and stops by the defense after that field goal. Good luck to the Hippos next season. We probably will be in different districts due to UIL re-alignment but it would be great if the ADs schedule a pre-district 2 game series. Now I hope ya'll will back the Leps in the Play-offs because everyone thinks our district is soft and we want to prove otherwise. Go Leps...Beat Sealy!!! :D

lepfan
11-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Pudlugger:
Varsity sister you fail to give either team its due in your assessment. First, Hutto was playing inspired football during the first 8 minutes of the game running the ball right through the Lep D line. However, the turning point of the game came during the second Hippo drive when Hutto was threatening to score from the LG 15. LG put in its goal line D (two big tackles- #64 and #70). After that the Lep defense stopped the Hippos. Ya'll have one of the best kickers in 3A who easily chipped in the FG for the 3 but the stop was a moral victory for our defense. They made some needed adjustments and basically shut down the Hippo offense from that point on. It wasn't because Hutto played poorly, they were just outplayed. Hutto has some real fine young players and no doubt they will make some noise next year. As for the coaching, I don't understand why you criticize your coach. The Hippos are a very well coached team. Look at how well they played, only a handful of 5 yard penalties for off-sides and backfield in motion calls do not reflect poorly on coaching. As for sportsmanship, they were excellent. Some teams don't even take a knee on an injury time-out, but Hutto did. The La Grange player injured in the 4th was my son and I appreciated the respect of the Hutto team and fans (BTW it is only a mild sprained ankle so he'll be fine). I think Hutto played a real good game, but the Leps just wore them out due to forced turnovers and stops by the defense after that field goal. Good luck to the Hippos next season. We probably will be in different districts due to UIL re-alignment but it would be great if the ADs schedule a pre-district 2 game series. Now I hope ya'll will back the Leps in the Play-offs because everyone thinks our district is soft and we want to prove otherwise. Go Leps...Beat Sealy!!! :D I liked this game because of the players sportsmanship as well as the officiating...except for the call where they forgot to give us our touchdown....BTW...I wonder how that ref is...he appeared to really be hurt...looked like a knee

VarsitySISTER
11-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Now hang on a minute, Pud. First of all, I did give credit where credit was due, Hutto did not play to the best of their ability, and from what I've heard from you in how la Grange plays, neither did they. How Hutto played in the 1st quarter is how I am used to them playing the entire game, it's what they did in troy, blanco, Liberty Hill, Manor, Smithville and Giddings. so yeah Honestly I don't think ya'll got to play the game you should have gotten to play. Hutto Overplayed, NO, cause if you would have done that you would have scored alot more touchdowns. Elgin, now that is the only team I saw overplay hutto.Secondly the only thing I did not agree with in coaching is I don't think we ever do enough passing, it's always a handoff and running it up the middle, it has only always taken the other team 2 plays to figure out that's what we are doing and it's used against us most of the time, but I'm just a fan. I very much appreciate our coaches so don't think otherwise. I also agree that our team has fine sportsmanship, they always have sadly enough not everyone in our district does.

VarsitySISTER
11-08-2003, 02:51 PM
PUD, I understand why you think I dissed our coaches now, so to clear that up, I'm constantly logged in at 3a and I have people over all the time who use my computer so, sorry but it wasn't me.

lepfan
11-08-2003, 03:00 PM
VarsitySISTER:
PUD, I understand why you think I dissed our coaches now, so to clear that up, I'm constantly logged in at 3a and I have people over all the time who use my computer so, sorry but it wasn't me.staying signed in could prove fatal to your posting ability on 3ADL

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 04:54 PM
VarsitySISTER:
Now hang on a minute, Pud. First of all, I did give credit where credit was due, Hutto did not play to the best of their ability, and from what I've heard from you in how la Grange plays, neither did they. How Hutto played in the 1st quarter is how I am used to them playing the entire game, it's what they did in troy, blanco, Liberty Hill, Manor, Smithville and Giddings. so yeah Honestly I don't think ya'll got to play the game you should have gotten to play. Hutto Overplayed, NO, cause if you would have done that you would have scored alot more touchdowns. Elgin, now that is the only team I saw overplay hutto.Secondly the only thing I did not agree with in coaching is I don't think we ever do enough passing, it's always a handoff and running it up the middle, it has only always taken the other team 2 plays to figure out that's what we are doing and it's used against us most of the time, but I'm just a fan. I very much appreciate our coaches so don't think otherwise. I also agree that our team has fine sportsmanship, they always have sadly enough not everyone in our district does.Let me see, Elgin scored 35 points on Hutto so they outplayed them, while La Grange scores 34 and did not. I saw the Elgin/Hutto tape and it was a very similar game to the one played last night. Hutto came out strong and scored a field goal then Elgin adjusted and shut down the Hutto running game. Hutto's receivers were too slow to threaten Elgin's dbs and the Hippo D too slow to defend against Elgins speed on the offense, so game over. That was pretty much how it went last night except our D gave up another td in the first Hutto possesion. So that makes it a poor performance by the leps? Credit your offense for the excellent drive at least.

As for the score, I would remind you that our second team played most of the 4th quarter otherwise the score might have been over 41 points. La Grange outplayed Hutto in every aspect except the kicking game. You have a GREAT kicker! Good luck next year, I'll wager ya'll will be in the playoffs then. :)

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>