PDA

View Full Version : Rain!

PhiI C
05-01-2004, 12:36 PM
It is raining hard right now in the Sinton and surrounding area and we are under flash flood watches. Good thing the games were played Thursday and Friday night. It may clear up later this evening though.

District303aPastPlayer
05-01-2004, 12:42 PM
what about the regional track meet/

PhiI C
05-01-2004, 12:45 PM
That is a good question District. One that I don't know the answer to.

SintonFan
05-01-2004, 12:53 PM
We got it this morning in SA. You guys are getting hit pretty hard. I know the farmers are really groaning now. Yall don't need anymore rain. Here's a snapshot of the current radar:

PhiI C
05-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Outside it continues raining.

Old Green
05-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Same here. Since about 12:00 last night:mad:

JasperDog94
05-01-2004, 05:09 PM
It's finally let up here in the North Houston area. So much for going fishing...:( :(

sinton66
05-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah. no kidding. Made it very difficult to work on my deck today. Finally got it finished though, despite all the rain.

Old Green
05-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Finally quit here about 5:00pm. I wonder how the Region4 track meet faired due to the weather.

PhiI C
05-01-2004, 08:26 PM
It is clear here too this evening but I don't know what happened at the track meet either.

pirate4state
05-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Finally quit here about 5:00pm. I wonder how the Region4 track meet faired due to the weather. It finally got under way about 5:30 p.m. The Cuero boys 800 meter relay had some bad luck, the hand off was botched and they were disqualified!! :( It was awful to see after they worked so hard to get there and the most awful part was an adult cheering the disqualification of this team b/c it gave their school a "chance" -- :mad: !! Awful, awful, awful. :hand:

And if that wasn't bad enough a young man, from Cuero, running the 300 meter hurdlers hit the 2nd to last hurdle and fell down ... he was able to finish the race, but it was just terrible b/c he was in the lead. :(

Sorry Old Green to give you such bad news, but Cuero had a strong showing!! :clap:

Clint Threadgill (100 meter hurdles) was (I believe) the only Sinton athlete to qualify for State. Congrats to Clint!! Go get 'em at State!!

The 200 meter run (boys) was AWESOME to watch!! Tight race and Shipley just edged out Clint for 2nd place and a trip to the State meet.

A good day of racing, but it was a bit chilly & windy for those youngsters! I just want to Congratulate everyone that made it to Regionals and especially to those that qualified for the State meet. Good Luck!!

Old Green
05-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the info Pirate4state.
Zach had his heart set on making it to state this year. He's a senior.
The rest will be back next year hopefully. They are all Freshman and Sophomores.

Congrats to Cint Threadgill making it to state.

pirate4state
05-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Thanks for the info Pirate4state.
Zach had his heart set on making it to state this year. He's a senior.
The rest will be back next year hopefully. They are all Freshman and Sophomores.

Congrats to Cint Threadgill making it to state. Oh man, I hate to hear that he was a senior!! :crying:

WOW :eek: all underclassmen on those relays!! Watch out for Cuero. :eek: