PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City vs. Brenham Softball

Brahma73
05-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Last I heard the came had been moved back to 3:00 p.m. today. I live about 15 miles from Brenham and it's raining here. Anybody heard anything?

Chopblock
05-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Let us know I was planning on going can be there in about an hour

Dulce04
05-01-2004, 01:11 PM
It's pretty much quit raining in Caldwell but we got a good three inches or more! I would like to know if the BC/Brenham game is still on. Wanted to go.

bccards
05-01-2004, 01:34 PM
we still have a good 2-4 hours of rainfall remaining here in Bridge City/Beaumont area. Clearing line is still west of Houston. Wonder if the game will still happen?? We've already received about 4 inches of rain, probably more because we had some severe storms last night too with heavy rain. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/images/DS.p19r0/SI.khgx/latest.gif

Brahma73
05-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Just got a call from my daughter who has a friend on the Brenham team. The game is still on but is now scheduled at 4:00 p.m. If there's a change, I'll try to post it here.

cgw1622
05-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Just got a report from the BC/Brenham game and in the 4th inning it was Brenham 10 - BC 1. Just wondering if they are pulling some of the plays that they pulled on Caldwell last night. I will find out when it's over and post results as I hear them. This has been good practice for all!!

cgw1622
05-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Final score Brenham 12 Bridge City 1 in five innings.

Brahma73
05-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Saw the game today, in fact sat next to Old Cardinal! BC had one of those days you can't wait to forget. According to one scorekeeper, the Lady Cards had 14 errors! :doh: Brenham is a very poised and confident team that just keeps putting the pressure on. After BC scored 1 in the top of the first, it was all Cubettes. The first three batters got on via the bunt, and the race was on. Brenham's pitching was effective, though not overpowering, but they play great defense and don't allow you to make mistakes.

BC is a solid team. They just had a nightmare today. They'll be ready for Elgin, I'm sure.

It was great to meet OC (finally, thanks to a rainout of his previous commitment) and to see you again Middleagecardinal. Good luck to you in the playoffs!:)

cgw1622
05-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know the time and place of the Splendora vs Manor game?

Brahma73
05-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Dulce, did you make the game? Visited with your coach briefly.

Chopblock
05-01-2004, 09:19 PM
I wish I had known who the OC and MAC were there. I was at the game standing at the backstop

Chopblock
05-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by cgw1622
Does anyone know the time and place of the Splendora vs Manor game?

7pm Thursday Texas A&M

Old Cardinal
05-01-2004, 10:10 PM
I really enjoyed meeting Brahma 73, Caldwell's Coach, and Brahma73's daughter who wants to be a CPA someday. As for the game it was just what the Cardinals needed-a nightmare that showed them weaknesses that they did not know they had. I think that Caldwell and BC taking it on the chin, with lopsided losses this weekend from Brenham, will help them both face reality in the playoffs; in that good teams can totally lose their poise under pressure. I am a little stunned to see so many errors made by a team that normally makes few errors. As for Brenham, they are certainly at least the #3 team in 4A; however, I think #1 PN-G with Shaylane Blythe pitching is the best team in 4A.

Sometimes, It's better to go back to the drawing board and mentally start over. This poor performance outing will either make of break the Cardinals this postseason!

Bell_06
05-01-2004, 10:32 PM
How much do you want to bet that Elgin, is working on laying down the bunt this week ;)

Dulce04
05-02-2004, 12:10 AM
I actually did not make it to the Bridge City / Brenham game. If it had been played at 2, I would have gone. However, tonight was our prom and I just did not have time. I know that my coach went and she kept in touch with us on how the game went. It obviously wasn't Caldwell's or Bridge City's nights. We played the best defense we had ever played until the 5th inning and one error just sparked a trend and it just kept happening. The scored 7 runs on us with 2 outs. The didn't even score 1 run until they had two outs on the board. It was just plain out bad. It was a good experience for us though. We needed it for us to get our heads on straight and showed us how much we need to stay focused and what else we need to work on.

middleagecardinal
05-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Chopblock
I wish I had known who the OC and MAC were there. I was at the game standing at the backstop

Sorry Chop, I did not know you were going. I was sitting at the scorer's table behind the plate to the right of the sound system. There were 3 men sitting there...I was the one in the middle.

Chopblock
05-02-2004, 01:45 PM
I was to the left of you about 15 feet, there were two of us wearing purple jackets. I was the one without the jugs gun

middleagecardinal
05-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey Chopblock - Sure wish we could have given Brenham more of a game. Our pitching was pretty good. But everything else looked like it was our first game of the year. That's the worst I've seen us. I take it you are from Elgin? If so, maybe we'll meet Friday night.

3afan
05-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I really enjoyed meeting Brahma 73, Caldwell's Coach, and Brahma73's daughter who wants to be a CPA someday. As for the game it was just what the Cardinals needed-a nightmare that showed them weaknesses that they did not know they had. I think that Caldwell and BC taking it on the chin, with lopsided losses this weekend from Brenham, will help them both face reality in the playoffs; in that good teams can totally lose their poise under pressure. I am a little stunned to see so many errors made by a team that normally makes few errors. As for Brenham, they are certainly at least the #3 team in 4A; however, I think #1 PN-G with Shaylane Blythe pitching is the best team in 4A.

Sometimes, It's better to go back to the drawing board and mentally start over. This poor performance outing will either make of break the Cardinals this postseason!

OC, unless you've seen all the top 4A teams play how can you possibly assertain Brenham is "at least the #3 team in 4A"? have you seen Midway? McKinney North? Andrews? Crowley? Brewer? Birdville? Big Spring? Marshall? etc. just wondering ...

Old Cardinal
05-02-2004, 03:48 PM
No, of course, I have not seen every team on the the Coaches poll play. I have seen PN-G play 4 games, Brenham 1, LCM 4 and a host of others at the Sulphur Tournament, Right side of Texas Tournament etc: I also see a lot of the girls play at the Nationals for 18 & U for AFA where a lot of scouts show up for the colleges. I am just giving an opinion, just like the Coaches poll is an opinion. I think LC-M may be the sleeper seeing them play Nederland the other night. They may be peaking here late in the year. That's what this board is all about-people expressing opinions. I see a lot of softball and baseball games each year and enjoy stating my opinions and hearing other folks opinions that also see as many games as is physically possible. I think polls like the TGCA softball poll are good in that it creates interest in what WILL be the final outcome. No one has ever hit the actual outcome on a team poll yet; its a good way to generate interest and enthusiam somehow. Put YOUR poll up on the board and see if everyone agrees with you, LOL.

3afan
05-02-2004, 05:20 PM
naw, i dont do polls, but i do like seeing what others put out there ...

middleagecardinal
05-03-2004, 10:59 AM
ttt