PDA

View Full Version : Mother's day???

marlin fan
04-30-2004, 11:02 PM
I have no idea what to get my mom for mothers day... anyone have any ideas???

Mustang '89
04-30-2004, 11:07 PM
How about a trip to a "Day Spa"?

Can be a little expensive though.

marlin fan
04-30-2004, 11:19 PM
lol im only 17 and i dont have a job lol but im lookin and if anyone can help me out with that too please help me out!!!:D

lepfan
05-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
lol im only 17 and i dont have a job lol but im lookin and if anyone can help me out with that too please help me out!!!:D

Clean her house (really good) for her!!!! That is always a treat.

aamove
05-01-2004, 03:57 AM
If you were my son, I'd say clean your room. But, if you were my son you've heard the same thing for the last two years. LOL:D :D

BrahmaMom
05-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Clean your room, do your own laundry for a week, empty the dishawasher for a week, and take out the garbage for a MONTH without being asked. Then, since you are 17, start giving her a kiss when you leave, tell her you love her once a day, and let her know where you are going, who you'll be with and when you'll be home--then do all that. Meet your curfew, and let her know when you get home. I am assuming this is your last year in high school. These will make for a wonderful Mother's Day and a great way to finish off childhood and show her you are becoming the man she wants you to be. If you aren't a senior yet--continue all the non-household chore ideas for your senior year. And share your life with her that senior year. You won't regret any of it! You'll be giving a gift to both of you.

marlin fan
05-02-2004, 09:15 PM
ttt

Old Tiger
05-02-2004, 10:02 PM
make her a nice little card w/ elbow noodles and glitter and put i big heart on it :D:p

kaorder1999
05-02-2004, 10:12 PM
1 hour full body massage

Old Tiger
05-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i hour full body massage i'd give it to her j/k marlin fan or anybody i offended

mwynn05
05-02-2004, 10:40 PM
i havent gotten my mom anything yet either

kaorder1999
05-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
i havent gotten my mom anything yet either

me either...i have no idea what im going to get her....

spaniard
05-02-2004, 11:39 PM
i havnt been home since super bowl sunday, so im gonna head on down to burnet saturday afternoon sometime. itll be good to see my ol momma, shes great!

adding to what brahmamom said earlier, definitley dont take your mom for granted, i know i did and its kicking me in the butt now. moms may seem nosey, but they are doing it for a very real reason, and it definitley will be a great thing in the long run.

therealbulldogs
05-03-2004, 12:58 AM
My mom is going to get to see me for the first time on Mother's Day since January 8th! :cheerl:

whtfbplaya
05-03-2004, 01:48 AM
It is my birthday so hopefully they will cancel each other out. lol:D

AggieJohn
05-03-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by aamove
If you were my son, I'd say clean your room. But, if you were my son you've heard the same thing for the last two years. LOL:D :D

what about taking her out too the movies on a gift card she gave you for easter?

BullFrog Dad
05-03-2004, 09:26 AM
marlin fan, Here's an idea that's inexpensive but packs a wallop as far as meaning. Write Mom a poem. You don't have to be Robert Frost. Just include incidents throughout your life and so on. I bet she sheds a tear or two.

BrahmaMom
05-03-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm reading what you guys are writing, and I'm thinking, "Boy that's guys for you!" But I want every one of you to remember: one day you won't be trying to come with what to do for your mother, one day you'll be wishing you had put more into the days you had her here and didn't come see her for four months. That day, you'd give anything to be able to drive for days to hug her one more time. I know you guys put a lot into sports, work, family, etc. I just want to remind you that moms don't last forever. Once she's gone, nothing in this world is going to bring her back. I know, I lost my mom over two years ago. So make this a Mother's Day to remember, then do it throughout the year. We don't want fancy, expensive stuff. We want to see you, feed you, touch you, love you. Often. (Another BrahmaMom lecture, courtesy of motherhood). P.S. Father's Day is in June!

BullFrog Dad
05-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I'm reading what you guys are writing, and I'm thinking, "Boy that's guys for you!" But I want every one of you to remember: one day you won't be trying to come with what to do for your mother, one day you'll be wishing you had put more into the days you had her here and didn't come see her for four months. That day, you'd give anything to be able to drive for days to hug her one more time. I know you guys put a lot into sports, work, family, etc. I just want to remind you that moms don't last forever. Once she's gone, nothing in this world is going to bring her back. I know, I lost my mom over two years ago. So make this a Mother's Day to remember, then do it throughout the year. We don't want fancy, expensive stuff. We want to see you, feed you, touch you, love you. Often. (Another BrahmaMom lecture, courtesy of motherhood). P.S. Father's Day is in June! BrahmaMom, You and I are on the same page. I'm fortunate that my Mom and Dad are both alive and in good health for mid-70's. As far as seeing them I probably haven't gone as long as a week without paying them a visit since I moved out almost thirty years ago. Add to that 2-3 calls each week just to make sure everything's going fine. By the way my advice to marlin fan to write his Mom a poem sounded fine to me. After all what Mother wouldn't love a gift from the heart!

BrahmaMom
05-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Personally, I like "love" letters, their poems are not nearly as good. Of course, I still have an 11 year old, so sometimes the rhyme thing takes precedence.

Old Tiger
05-03-2004, 10:29 PM
just get her some fried chicken and some watermelon and get her hair permed

fullhouse
05-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Take it from a mom ~ the BEST gift you can give her is to spend time with her. Moms love nothing more than just sitting and talking to their kids (and lots of hugs and kisses). I always tell my kids that I want a day at the beach with them and we pack a picnic lunch and take off for the WHOLE day ~ no friends allowed... just me and my babies and hubby. It's my favorite day of the year. Oh yeah ~ I also don't allow any bickering or picking on each other that day :D

CHS_Grad '85
05-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Every year - I take my mom to San Antonio and spend time with her mom (my grandmother)... San Antonio is a beautiful place to be for mother's day... ALL mothers are queen for the day... they get free flowers almost every where they go & mariachi's sing their praises... and of course she gets to spend time with me & her grandkids (:D)... she says this is the best gift ever and looks forward to it every year...

So I have to agree with all those that have advised 'just spend time with your mom' - make that day truly just about her...

BrahmaMom
05-04-2004, 11:29 AM
The beach and San Antonio--two of MY favorite places in the world! Fullhouse, enjoy every minute. CHS_Grad, you do a great job! The rest of you need to put your thinking caps on, it's already Tuesday!

kaorder1999
05-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
what about taking her out too the movies on a gift card she gave you for easter?

hehe....i would get slapped for that...but her...you're still young...they cant expect you to spend a lot of money!

Sittin' Fastball
05-04-2004, 02:20 PM
I like santa....I like the wizard of oz....

fullhouse
05-04-2004, 03:07 PM
>POSITION:
>Mother, Mom, Mama, Mommy
>
>JOB DESCRIPTION:
>Long term, team players needed, for challenging permanent work in an, often chaotic environment. Candidates must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be willing to work variable hours, which will include evenings and weekends and frequent 24 hour shifts on call. Some overnight travel required, including trips to primitive camping sites on rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in far away cities. Travel expenses not reimbursed. Extensive courier duties also required.
>
>RESPONSIBILITIES:
>The rest of your life. Must be willing to be hated, at least temporarily, until someone needs $5. Must be willing to bite tongue repeatedly. Also, must possess the physical stamina of a pack mule and be able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat in case, this time, the screams from the backyard are not someone just crying wolf. Must be willing to face stimulating technical challenges, such as small gadget repair, mysteriously sluggish toilets and stuck zippers. Must screen phone calls, maintain calendars and coordinate production of multiple homework projects. Must have ability to plan and organize social gatherings for clients of all ages and mental outlooks Must be willing to be indispensable one minute, an embarrassment the next. Must handle assembly and product safety testing of a half million cheap, plastic toys, and battery operated devices. Must always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Must assume final, complete accountability for the quality of the
>end product. Responsibilities also include floor maintenance and janitorial work throughout the facility.
>
>POSSIBILITY FOR ADVANCEMENT & PROMOTION:
>Virtually none. Your job is to remain in the same position for years, without complaining, constantly retraining and updating your skills, so that those in your charge can ultimately surpass you.
>
>PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
>None required unfortunately. On-the-job training offered on a continually exhausting basis.
>
>WAGES AND COMPENSATION:
>Get this! You pay them! Offering frequent raises and bonuses. A balloon payment is due when they turn 18 because of the assumption that college will help them become financially independent. When you die, you give them whatever is left. The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that you actually enjoy it and wish you could only do more.
>
>BENEFITS:
>While no health or dental insurance, no pension, no tuition reimbursement, no paid holidays and no stock options are offered; this job supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth and free hugs for life if you play your cards right

BrahmaMom
05-04-2004, 09:31 PM
fullhouse: A few other responsibilities and characteristics required: Able to handle the sight and flow of blood and able to apply pressure to said flow with your favorite dress, shirt, coat, whatever is handy at the time. Willing to clean up after tummies that erupt, not quite making it to the bathroom; furthermore, willing to have said tummies erupt on your person, while still hugging the one who the tummy belongs to. Able and willing to wait for the surgeon, carry patient or provide other physical help, while listening to complaints or worse, watch patient in pain trying to ambulate on own without helping. It's the best, isn't it?

BullFrog Dad
05-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Now if we could just get ya'll to change the oil and mow the yard.

fullhouse
05-05-2004, 10:21 AM
VERY true BrahamaMom ~ I can tell you've had alot of experience with all of that being the mother of 4 boys! The "sick tummy" part reminds me of my 18 year old's comments when he was about 5 years old and had been sick for a couple of days. I kept telling him how sorry I was that he was sick and telling him how I wished it could be me instead of him. From then on, everytime he "lost his cookies" he'd say, " Man, I wish this was you instead of me!".
BullFrog Dad.... I'm impressed if you change the oil and mow the grass ~ I get stuck with those tasks too being married to a coach who keeps long hours and works weekends.

BullFrog Dad
05-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by fullhouse

BullFrog Dad.... I'm impressed if you change the oil and mow the grass ~ I get stuck with those tasks too being married to a coach who keeps long hours and works weekends. Actually I feel fortunate to be stuck with cars that need oil changes as well as a yard that needs mowing not to mention the HOME that goes with it. I did enjoy your post although it is somewhat inaccurate. Let's try this change:POSITION: Parent/Guardian ----Now isn't that better?