PDA

View Full Version : Softball and Baseball Scores April 30

PhiI C
04-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Tonight according to television news West Oso defeated Ingleside in baseball which means West Oso is the third place team in 30 AAA and Mathis is second and Sinton first. I am not sure of the exact score but I think it was West Oso 6 Ingleside 3.

Ranger Mom
04-30-2004, 10:50 PM
Greenwood Baseball defeated Monahans 14 - 11 to take the 3rd place spot in district behind Pecos and Presidio. (Whoever won tonight went on)

I think we will probably play Sweetwater next! (Not sure about that though)!

The Greenwood softball team played Merkel in their first playoff game and lost 4-3 in 11 innings!

18handicap
05-01-2004, 12:51 AM
We (Sweeny) lost to Hallettsville tonight 1-0 in 8 innings in Columbus.

It was an awesome game and my girls were first class in their efforts and play in defeat. I am so proud of them!!

BH

PhiI C
05-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Other scores from the local newspaper and I may be repeating some:

In baseball:

Zapata 10 San Diego 5

In softball Bi-District

Aransas Pass 13 Hondo 2 in five innings
Devine 9 Ingleside 1
Orange Grove 13 Lyford 0 in five innings
La Vernia 5 Liberty Hill 4 in nine innings
S.A. West Campus 12 Bandera 0 in five innings
Gonzales 1 Needville 0
Falfurrias 3 La Feria 1

Green Ranger
05-01-2004, 11:25 AM
Greenwood will play Sweetwater, I have not heard when or where as of yet. When these two teams play things are always exciting, hopefully this game or games will hold up to previous games between these two schools in the previous past couple of years.

Softball hung in there, and with a key player missing from the line-up due to injury and one or two kids got a little banged up during the game. Considering Merkel blew the Rangerettes out of the water in a tournament earlier in the year, they came a long way. Both teams made a few mistakes, the Badgers made theirs count. Great season regardless and a good group of girls coming back next year.

District303aPastPlayer
05-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Tonight according to television news West Oso defeated Ingleside in baseball which means West Oso is the third place team in 30 AAA and Mathis is second and Sinton first. I am not sure of the exact score but I think it was West Oso 6 Ingleside 3.
This is the first time since 1973 that West Oso has made the playoffs in baseball.... WOW!

PhiI C
05-01-2004, 12:34 PM
That is right District. Also it was the first time in history that the Falfurrias softball team ever got into the playoffs and now they are going to the area playoff games.

JRabbit_Fan
05-01-2004, 11:08 PM
Baseball

Forney defeated Wilmer-Hutchins 10-0 (mostly with back-up players) thus ending the Jackrabbits run in 3A with their 75th straight district win.

Ray_BearKat
05-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Does anyone know anything about the Devine softball team...looks like they downed Ingelside pretty bad. We face them next in the playoffs.