PDA

View Full Version : In HS Baseball has anyone ever seen a one person

Phil C
04-30-2004, 03:28 PM
triple out play. I never have even though I have seen it happen with several players involved. I know last year in the pros they showed a highlight on tv even though I don't remember the players and teams and didn't record it much to my chagrin now. What happened was one team had no outs and players at first and second base. The batter hit the ball and it shot out like a rocket which looked like it was going to be a big rip up the middle and no way it could be caught so both players on the bases took off running full speed. The shortstop made a great catch near second base for the first out and of course easily stepped over to second to put the second base runner out who had took off for third. That made the second out. The runner from first base then realized what happened and was trying to slow down as he neared second base to turn back to first but his momentum carried him forward and the shortstop easily took about two steps toward him and tagged him out for the third out. A spectacular one player tripple play.

Sans Couth
04-30-2004, 03:32 PM
It is calle an unassisted Triple Play....I did it six time in little league.:D

Just Kidding.

It has only happened a few times in recorded history.

Phil C
04-30-2004, 03:44 PM
Thank you Sans! I know you are right about it very rarely happening. It is probably much more rare than holes in one in golf.

Old Tiger
04-30-2004, 04:52 PM
lol....you can see just about anything in little league

vfunk
04-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Im pretty sure its the most rare occurance in baseball. More rare than the perfect game or hitting for the cycle. A few years ago a high school kid hit 4 HRs in one game. single, two run, three run, and a grand slam. Thats pretty remarkable. I would like to see someone throw a 9 pitch game on any minor or major league level. Doubt it would ever happen....but if it did...it would probably be the most remarkable thing in sports history.

sahen
04-30-2004, 05:54 PM
9 pitch game? u mean 27 pitch game? it'd be really hard to get 3 outs for 9 innings on just 9 pitches....

vfunk
04-30-2004, 07:46 PM
hahaha....yeah...sorry...27 pitch. Note to self...dont be stupid.

vfunk
04-30-2004, 07:48 PM
a 9 pitch game would be possible though. each inning...2 balks and a triple play. 18 balks...9 triple plays...9 pitches. wow. thatd be something!!

Sans Couth
04-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by vfunk
a 9 pitch game would be possible though. each inning...2 balks and a triple play. 18 balks...9 triple plays...9 pitches. wow. thatd be something!!

Nice try but still impossible.

You can't Balk with no runners on base.

vfunk
04-30-2004, 10:18 PM
wait...i meant nine pitchERS. yeah...thats what i meant.

Sans Couth
05-01-2004, 09:49 AM
It could be done with only 9 pitches in the strike zone though.

You could hit 18 batters with pitches walking them, and have 9 batters hit into triple plays.

Now that would be great.

27 pitches, and you bean 2/3rds of the opposing teams players three times each.:D

crzyjournalist03
05-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
It could be done with only 9 pitches in the strike zone though.

You could hit 18 batters with pitches walking them, and have 9 batters hit into triple plays.

Now that would be great.

27 pitches, and you bean 2/3rds of the opposing teams players three times each.:D

yeah, but think about it...that would mean that three guys would hit into three TPs each since the first two would have to reach base each inning with the third batter hitting into the triple play. Talk about a rough night...three AB's and nine outs...I don't care who you are...after that game, you're getting a demotion!

Papa Smurf 05
05-02-2004, 01:13 PM
You CAN balk with no runners on base, but instead of awarding the batter first base, the pitcher is charged with a ball. I ump for Mansfield Youth Association and you see it happen all the time. In fact you see some PRETTY CRAZY stuff happen!:eek: