PDA

View Full Version : Hard Times for University of Texas Softball Team

PhiI C
04-29-2004, 10:49 PM
This year has been a struggle for the team that just barely lost playing for the NCAA National College Championship. Texas A&M beat the Lady Longhorns 11 to 1 in five innings. A real comedown for a team that had most of it's players back and will have most of them back again next year. Their ace pitcher is at the Olymphics this year plus they lost their other star pitcher due to an injury. But be of good cheer. The ace pitcher Cat Osterman will be back next year and be better than ever after olympic experience and also the great AAA pitcher Meagan Denny will be there next year along with other good recruits and most of this team will be back. Don't be fooled. Good times will be coming back next year for the Lady Longhorns.

Brahma73
04-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Gig'em Lady Ags!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

PhiI C
04-29-2004, 10:57 PM
LOL! Enjoy it while you can Brahma! The Cat will be back next year after helping the USA win the olymphics in Athens along with other recruts. Enjoy your one year of glory! :)

KTJ
04-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Is Cat really coming back next year?

Sans Couth
04-29-2004, 11:52 PM
UT has a softball team?:p

rholl
04-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Phil...Meagan Denny competes at 4A level for Crowley .....she tossed her 7th no-hitter and 15th shutout of the yr last night as Crowley opened the playoffs with a win.

Phil C
04-30-2004, 10:56 AM
KTJ the last I read she was planning to be back next year. She is the youngest and only college student on the team and has been taking the required correspondence courses in her studies and is supposed to be back as a junior after the olymphics in time for the 2005 season.

Rholl things are looking better. We look forward to Meagan coming to UT giving us two quality pitchers! Please keep us informed how she is doing in the playoffs.

rholl
04-30-2004, 11:07 AM
I can do that Phil.....next up May 7th Crowley vs. Burkburnett in Denton. Will try to get results on here after that!

Phil C
04-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Thank you Rholl! I look forward to getting the information here. And I just read KTJ that Cat is returning to Austin for a short visit after three weeks training with the olymphics team in Italy. That is another good sign she is coming back.

Phil C
04-30-2004, 11:49 AM
More good news Rholl and KTJ! The softball team just signed MicKayla Padilla of Cedar Park HS with the 2005 recruiting class which was already widely considered one of the best in the nation. She has been an outstanding shortstop there and has a .470 batting average this year and has scored in district 43 runs and 15 hits for extra bases and 7 stolen bases. She bats left handed and has lots of speed. Good times coming back!

sahen
04-30-2004, 01:29 PM
The Baylor add in:
Baylor has 2 pitchers that are awesome as well (one is 26-6 and another is 15-4)....Both r coming back next year and both have pitched a couple of no-hitters...UT, Baylor, and A&M all 3 have very good softball teams...its fun watching them play...anyways just thought i'd add that in....

Phil C
04-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Thank you for the information Sahen.

bevo
04-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Cat will be wearing her Two-Time All-American...Two-Time Big XII Conference Pitcher of the Year, #8 Longhorn Jersey again.

...and not to forget, 2003 USA Softball Player of the Year.