PDA

View Full Version : April 29 Baseball and Softball Scores

PhiI C
04-29-2004, 10:32 PM
I watched the news and it went too fast for me to get the exact final scores on some of these games but in AAA softball playoffs tonight it was

Orange Grove over Lyford (Orange Grove now plays Sinton next)

Falfurrias Over La Feria 3 to 1

Devine over Ingleside

Aransas Pass over Hondo

Brahma73
04-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Last I heard, it was Manor 6, Columbus 4 in the 6th. Anybody know this final?

Elgin vs. Sealy - Haven't heard a score. Any help out there?

Brahma73
04-29-2004, 10:49 PM
What about Barber's Hill vs. Orangefield???????

18handicap
04-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Gonzales 1, Needville 0

18handicap
04-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Aransas Pass 13, Hondo 2

Chopblock
04-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Elgin 1 Sealy0

Interesting game, K Gatnett 11ks

JRabbit_Fan
04-30-2004, 07:25 AM
Baseball

Forney 9
Kaufman 1

RBARKER
04-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Brahma73
What about Barber's Hill vs. Orangefield???????

Softball- Barbers Hill Defeated Orangefield 6-1. This was a scoreless game and BH broke it open in the 8th to score 6 runs. BH shold have scored in the 6th inning but there was a bad call at home where it looks like the runner scored but was called out a t home you make the call.

http://www.eteams.com/bheagles/images/no6AlexaLyday.jpg

RBARKER
04-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Also in Baseball District 22-3A Liberty Defeated Huffman 7-5. Now BH and Liberty are tied for First with 1 game left to play. BH plays last place Tarkington and Liberty Plays Cleveland Today.

middleagecardinal
04-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
you make the call.

Word is that she never got to the plate. I saw the play on the news. She definately beat the throw. Was not there but sounded like it was exciting.

Old Cardinal
04-30-2004, 10:41 AM
I was their at the game. What happened is that she slid in on the outside and totally missed the home plate. The little 9th grade catcher for Orangefield, Katy Steed, touched her with the ball before she reached over and touched the home plate. Look at your picture and you will see that she is in the process of totally missing the home plate on her slide. The butt end of the bat is on the plate. A good call by the home plate Ump in my opinion. For seven full innings Orangefield was definately the best team over the #5 ranked BH Eagles. They lost their poise in the 8th inning however. That's what many time happens when you have a team comprised of very young players. Boy, it ought to be a good game between Bellville and Barbers Hill coming up!

RBARKER
04-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I wasn't there at the game so I will take your word. However the articles that I have read about the game does not paint the same picture about Orangefield being the best team. It sounds like the Eagles threatened several times during the game and Orangefield only threatend once in the first inning. Oh well this game is history and Orangefield showed a lot of poise hanging with the Eagles. Definitly nothing to hang their heads on, sounds like they will be returing a bunch next year. Goodluck to the bobcats on a good season.

Old Cardinal
04-30-2004, 12:18 PM
To RBarker, BH never had a player reach 1st base for 4 innings. Then when they got one on and when she tried to steal second a good throw from Catcher Steed to Shortstop Alyssa DeRamus picked the runner off clean. A double play stopped the next BH attempt. I think you get a slanted view by the $9.00 per hour sports reporters for the papers everywhere: they are trying to sell papers to their local home folks back home, whoever they are....I look for BH to do well in the playoffs, I hope that you get to see them play. Heather Mosser pitched a good game for BH. April Gonzalez is a good Catcher. Katie Blaylock and Taylor Hall are capable of hitting some long balls. The cousins Samantha and Crystal Gonzalez are very good utility players and their bunting skills may have saved the day for BH. Yes, I may have bragged on OF too much; but to see their progress throughout the year and see how they played a ranked respected team creates respect in an ole timer like me.