PDA

View Full Version : Why are we still there?

CHS_Grad '85
04-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Every day there are news reports about more deaths. Every night on TV there are photos of death and destruction. WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

We occupied this land, which we had to take by force, but it causes us nothing but trouble. Some of our children go there and never come back. WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

Their government is unstable, and they have an unstable leadership. Many of their people are uncivilized. The place is subject to natural disasters, which we are supposed to bail
them out of. WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

There are more than 1000 religious sects, which we do not understand. Their folk ways, foods and fads are unfathomable to ordinary Americans. We can't even secure their borders. WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

They are billions of dollars in debt and it will cost billions more to rebuild their infrastructure, which we can't afford. WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

It is becoming clear to us all. WE MUST PULL OUT OF CALIFORNIA!

JasperDog94
04-29-2004, 03:53 PM
:clap: :clap: You got me on that one! Good job.:clap: :clap:

CHS_Grad '85
04-29-2004, 03:57 PM
It got me too... so of course - I had to share...

crzyjournalist03
04-29-2004, 04:33 PM
No worries...in a few million years, California is going to fall off into the ocean anyway, then we'll be rid of the problems!!!:D ;)

Ranger Mom
04-29-2004, 04:37 PM
I lived in Cali for about 8 months....I think I was the only NORMAL one there!!:D

aamove
04-29-2004, 08:35 PM
I had to go there once and that was enough.

pinecone
04-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
No worries...in a few million years, California is going to fall off into the ocean anyway, then we'll be rid of the problems!!!:D ;)
That will create big problems for AZ and Nevada when all those crazies move in on them.:D

sinton66
04-29-2004, 09:50 PM
I spent almost two years out there. Talk about a culture shock to a small town Texas boy. I enjoyed all the concerts, but those people are fruitcakes.:eek:

Ranger Mom
04-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I spent almost two years out there. Talk about a culture shock to a small town Texas boy. I enjoyed all the concerts, but those people are fruitcakes.:eek:

LOL!! I was just a wide-eyed country girl getting off the plane at LAX, I saw things I had NEVER seen before. I swear I was the ONLY person in my entire apartment complex that didn't do drugs!! I came home for a visit (with my 2 younguns and 1 on the way) and called my now EX-husband and told him he could stay, I wasn't going back!!

God Bless Texas!!!!

SintonFan
04-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
Every day there are news reports about more deaths. Every night on TV there are photos of death and destruction. WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

We occupied this land, which we had to take by force, but it causes us nothing but trouble. Some of our children go there and never come back. WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

Their government is unstable, and they have an unstable leadership. Many of their people are uncivilized. The place is subject to natural disasters, which we are supposed to bail
them out of. WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

There are more than 1000 religious sects, which we do not understand. Their folk ways, foods and fads are unfathomable to ordinary Americans. We can't even secure their borders. WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

They are billions of dollars in debt and it will cost billions more to rebuild their infrastructure, which we can't afford. WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

It is becoming clear to us all. WE MUST PULL OUT OF CALIFORNIA!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-015.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-017.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-018.gif
Thats some shunny fit!:D

spiveyrat
04-30-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

I don't think it will be that long. They keep saying they are long overdue for the "big 'un" to hit (earthquake). That may be all it will take.