PDA

View Full Version : Good warmup softball scrimmages!

Old Cardinal
04-29-2004, 12:14 PM
It's going to be a good practice weekend around the state. Can you tell us who your team is scrimmaging.

Bridge City girls scrimmage Crosby the winner of 21-4A on Friday night in BC 7:00 pm. Crosby edged out Galena Park and Dayton for the District Crown; who both have teams beefed up with Greater Houston area Select Team stars. On Friday night, I understand that Caldwell will take on #3 4A Brenham which ought to be a very good game. On Saturday at 2:00 pm, Bridge City will play #3 4A Brenham in a scrimmage game at Brenham. I look for Coach Sissy to start Meagan Godwin against Crosby and Elena Clinton against Brenham. Bridge City desparately needs to work their defense and these two team ought to be more than a challenge with their high-octane bats. I may be totally wrong, but since All-Stater Meagan Godwin has such a unique power-torque rpm delivery, I think that BC will keep a large audience in Brenham from seeing power-push type pitching. On the other hand, Elena is very fast and accurate but a much more conventional softball pitcher: again I may be totally wrong on my guessing.

IF YOU KNOW OF ANY SCRIMMAGE GAMES SLATED FOR THIS WEEKEND SHARE THE INFO RIGHT HERE!

middleagecardinal
04-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know when Sealy plays Elgin in softball?

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
04-29-2004, 03:06 PM
I saw on a previous post that Sealy vs Elgin Thursday night at blinn college at 7. Caldwell also plays Brenham on Friday at 7 in Brenham.

Brahma73
04-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Sealy vs. Elgin tonght at Blinn's field (north of Brenham)
Columbus vs. Manor tonight at LaGrange HS
Both these games are for real and start at 7 pm

Bellville plays a Victoria Private School today at Bellville at 5:30. I here they're pretty good.
Bellville plays Lexington tomorrow night at Bellville (I think at 6:30).
Both are practice games, of course.

Look forward to seeing you BC folks in Brenham tomorrow!

Old Cardinal
04-29-2004, 05:24 PM
I was just wondering if anyone could give a Fri and Sat schedule of ALL the games being played a Brenham. Also, some of us are attending other events; it would be nice to have 3A Down Low up dates!

Old Green
04-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73
Sealy vs. Elgin tonght at Blinn's field (north of Brenham)
Columbus vs. Manor tonight at LaGrange HS
Both these games are for real and start at 7 pm

Bellville plays a Victoria Private School today at Bellville at 5:30. I here they're pretty good.
Bellville plays Lexington tomorrow night at Bellville (I think at 6:30).
Both are practice games, of course.

Look forward to seeing you BC folks in Brenham tomorrow!

I heard it on the Radio. Bellville vs 5A Victoria St. Joseph in Shiner.

middleagecardinal
04-29-2004, 08:37 PM
I would not mind going to Shiner! :D

Dulce04
04-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Caldwell will be playing Friday night against Brenham at 7.

Bellville22
04-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Bellville beat Victoria St. Joes (or whoever) 5-4 tonight.

Scored 2 in the bottom of the 7th for the win. Good win against a very good opponent. 1st and 3rd, 2 out. Buenger hits a ball 2B can't handle, one run scores. Next at bat Luetge drives in the winning run.

Congrats Brahmanettes.

***the game was changed to Bellville for some reason

kaorder1999
04-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by middleagecardinal
I would not mind going to Shiner! :D

there is only one reason i would want to go to shiner....

pinecone
04-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Jasper finished the year in 4th place, but with only one senior on the starting lineup, maybe there is hope for the girls to finish higher next year.

Brahma73
04-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
All-Stater Meagan Godwin has such a unique power-torque rpm delivery,

Oh my gosh! Can this be cured or will she need medication the rest of her life? :eek:

(;) Good luck, Meagan & Jessica! Hope to see you girls Saturday!)

Old Green
04-30-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
there is only one reason i would want to go to shiner....
Come to Shiner in October for the Fest. You want regret it.:D

Old Cardinal
04-30-2004, 11:01 AM
I like that thats funny, Brahma 73! Meagan pushes with power instead of using arm rotation only. That same power has put the ball over many fences on offense..... Would love to see your game with Barbers Hill. BH will be tougher to beat after OF gave them the wake up call for seven innings......H-F, that has been ranked off and on all year seemed to have no trouble popping Huffman-Hargrave in there 5-0 win. They, like OF, had better not be taken lightly or Coach Shorty and the country girls will beat you in the playoffs.

Old Cardinal
04-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Well tonight was a great practice game for Crosby and Bridge City. BC was able to prevail in spite of many errors and mental misjudgements. Meagan Godwin pitched 4 really great innings and then Elena Clinton pitched 3 solid innings. Coach Sissy Lemons substituted freely including her 9th graders getting to play quite a bit. Crosby has a good 4A District Champ type fast pitcher and the Cardinals had to really work at the offensive side of the innings. Elena Clinton has been noted for good speed; however, she has been working with a pitching Coach fron the U. of Houston that now has added a number of assorted pitches to her arsenal. The score was 3-2 (BC), but the important thing was that the whole team was given a good workout by a good 19-4A Houston area District Champion. We hear that there is a 90% chance of rain all day in Brenham tomorrow.
I sure hope they get to play Brenhan: they still need to see some good pitching and some hard hit balls. Best of luck to Crosby they are a good team and have real strong sportsmanship traits.

I hear the boys will scrimmage either Texas City or Huntsville next Friday night.

Dulce04
04-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Well Caldwell played Brenham tonight and LOST in one inning. The score was 0=0 until the sixth inning and I really don't exactly know what happened but errors were happening all over the field!!! I've got to hand it to the Brenham coach. His team just wasn't getting any hits so strategy took over and it worked. The pitching is good but we have played better. I guess our girls got rattled and just couldn't pull it off. Brandi didn't have her best night either. There was hope in the seventh when the Caldwell catcher got a double then the pitcher a single but they never were brought home. It was a good lesson for the Hornets and will probably be working on their errors come Monday. Final score was Brenham 8, Caldwell 0. This was with seven runs in the 6th inning alone! All in all it was a good game and GOOD practice.

Bellville22
04-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Lexington 5, Bellville 1

Ever have one of those nights??? Well Bellville's came tonight. After coming from behind to beat a very good Victoria St. Joes team, the Brahmanettes couldn't catch a break tonight. Lexington's hits found holes, Bellville's didn't. On scoring opportunity early in the game, the ball hit 3rd base and popped straight up in the air, keeping the ball on the infield and holding the runner at 3rd, where she would stay. Then when it appeared Bellville was about to make a move, the unthinkable happened, although Bellville players and fans couldn't help but laugh. Bellville plated a run and had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs and their best hitter at the plate. Buenger hit a shot to 2B that woulda scored at least one had it been 3 feet either way. Instead the ball lined right into the 2B's glove, who tossed to first, then on to second for the TRIPLE PLAY! B73 and I stared for a moment in disbelief, then couldn't help but smile, as this was the kind of night it was for the Brahmanettes.

Hats off to the Lexington pitcher for staying on the corner and keeping Bellville bats off balance for most of the night. The Lady Eagles also hit the ball fairly well. They should make a pretty good run in the 2A playoffs.

This game is behind Bellville, now they focus on a pretty good Barbers Hill team, who they'll face next Friday and Sat. in Tomball.

Bell_06
05-01-2004, 10:48 PM
I thought the final score was 5-2

Brahma73
05-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Yep, 5-2

Mean_Machine
05-03-2004, 12:45 PM
these must be like regional qualifiers meets in track then.