#2 Splendora
#3 Caldwell
#4 Barbers Hill
#5 Elgin
#6 LaGrange
#7 Kennedale
#8 Snyder
#9 Lindale
#10 Diboll, Wharton, Canyon(three way tie)

JasperDog94
04-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Here are the final regular season rankings:

1 Bridge City
2 Splendora
3 Caldwell
4 Pearsall
5 Barber's Hill
6 Canyon
7 Snyder
8 Lindale
9 Diboll
10t Elgin and LaGrange
Maybe there's something to that Reg. 3 conspiracy.:devil: :nerd:

lobo12
04-28-2004, 03:54 PM
did canyon even win their district

Old Cardinal
04-28-2004, 05:32 PM
Canyon won that district but Borger was hot on their heals. It's kind of like the LaGrange and Elgin district- really a toss-up. I ranked Elgin one spot above LaGrange because of Coaching technique. The LaGrange Coach has a chance to beat Bridge City last year but continued to try wild stuff and could not get them(BC) to break their poise. Elgin is well Coached and will be tough to beat in the playoffs because of the adherence to fundamentals and just plain good Coaching....Again up in the panhandle, Misty Shaklee may just bring the Runner up Borger team further in the playoffs than Canyon, fundamentals being so strong.

PhiI C
04-28-2004, 06:04 PM
It is all interesting but thank goodness they have playoffs to determine a final champion even though not always the two top teams meet in the final.

Brahma73
04-28-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Old Cardinal poll:

#1 Bridge City
#2 Splendora
#3 Caldwell
#4 Barbers Hill
#5 Elgin
#6 LaGrange
#7 Kennedale
#8 Snyder
#9 Lindale
#10 Diboll, Wharton, Canyon(three way tie)

Where's the love, OC?:confused: One of #6 LG's losses was to the 24-7 Brahmanettes! (...just kidding ;) )

Are the Lady Cardinals playing in Brenham this weekend? Details, please.

middleagecardinal
04-29-2004, 07:32 AM
Weather permitting, we'll be there for a 2 pm game on Saturday. You gonna be there 73?

Phil C
05-10-2004, 11:42 AM
ttt

Phil C
05-10-2004, 11:57 AM
I realize that hindsite is always more accurate than foresight but looking over the coaches softball top ten if one checks on Pearsall who is ranked No. 4 lost to District 31's unranked third place team Falfurrias. Bridge City also lost to Elgin but Elgin was a top ten team. All of the teams are good but it does prove that polls are opinions and anything can happen on any given day. It is interesting but thank goodness the teams fight it out in the playoffs instead of on opinion polls like Division 1 College football. Bridge City probably deserved better but they just happened to have caught a good team early in the playoffs.

lobo12
05-10-2004, 04:55 PM
borger did win the district with canyon coming in second because monahans played beat canyon in the first round and we won our district

RBARKER
05-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Here are the final regular season rankings:

1 Bridge City
2 Splendora
3 Caldwell
4 Pearsall
5 Barber's Hill
6 Canyon
7 Snyder
8 Lindale
9 Diboll
10t Elgin and LaGrange

Lets see what has happened so far with the top 10 teams

1. Bridge City ( Defeated By Elgin 4-1)
2.Splendora (Won Run Ruled Manor 10-0)
3. Caldwell (won Beat Huntington 1-0)
4. Pearsall (Defeated By Falfurrias 5-4)
5.) Barbers Hill ( Won Beat Bellville 4-1, 1-0)
6.) Canyon (Defeated By Monahans 5-0)
7.) Snyder (Won Beat Perryton 2-0)
8.) Lindale (Won Beat Pottsboro 7-1)
9.) Diboll ( Defeated by China Spring 4-0)
10) Elgin ( Won Beat Bridge City)
10) Lagrange (Won Beat Hampshire Fannett 5-1)

Four out of the top ten teams are out. Atleast one other will be gone this week as Barbers Hill faces Elgin. Splendora is still the front runner in my mind Bh has played them twice and lost them both one by a 9-1 margine. Splendora is the real deal and will be hard to beat.

JasperDog94
05-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Splendora is the real deal and will be hard to beat.
They've been good for awhile now haven't they?

cgw1622
05-11-2004, 01:57 PM
I watched Splendora play against Manor. Really couldn't say it was a good game. Manor had very poor defense as well as lack of hitting the ball. Splendora didn't really have to play that hard so I didn't get to see their full potential. I can tell you that they are very smart base runners and seem to be very well coached. At this stage in the playoffs I would say they are the ones to beat. La Grange is a pretty good team and will probably give them a run for the money, should be a really good game. I'll take Splendora for the win.

Old Cardinal
05-11-2004, 04:20 PM
To RBARKER and others: I felt no shock when Bridge City lost to Elgin-- an excellent team. Diboll losing to China Spring was also just a game decided by who was hot with the bats that day...Canyon and Borger, in Region 1, is a definate tossup. If you look at my Poll you will not find Pearsall even listed.
Region III has 12 excellent teams that can beat each other in a given game. The other regions have just a couple of teams of this caliber. Look at how Huntington(third team 19-3A) played Caldwell a proven club for two years running?
I don't think anyone will ever be too accurate on a Poll when Region III has top-flight teams across the board eliminating each other every weekend of the playoffs.