PDA

View Full Version : Sealy/Columbus:Navasota/Bellville

ROY
04-28-2004, 10:38 AM
We could see two playoffs games for seeding this weekend. Navasota is set to play Bellville Friday night in Brenham and Sealy is set to play Columbus Friday night in Weimer. That is of course if Bellville beats Sealy and Navasota beats Columbus, which both teams should do. This could also happen still if Sealy beats Bellville and Columbus beats Navasota. Basically, if both teams Navasota/Bellville and Sealy/Columbus have the same results in their games, meaning they both win or both lose, there will still be ties for 1st and 3rd. Anyway! Exciting district this year.

COLOR=royalblue]"Play hard or don't play at all!!!"[/COLOR]

Bellville22
04-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the info ROY. I didn't realize they would play Friday already. I thought it may take place next Monday, but I guess the coaches didn't want to push it back til then. Works out well for Navasota and Columbus, who have the deeper pitcing staffs. Navasota especially, who can go 5-7 deep if needed. Should be a fun two days of baseball, hope the rain stays away. Best of luck to everyone.

Sittin' Fastball
04-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Great weekend for baseball. .....Rain, rain, go away.......

ROY
04-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Hey Sittin Fast.....those were the days right there!!!

Bellville22
04-28-2004, 03:17 PM
What days???

Bull's-eye
04-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ROY
We could see two playoffs games for seeding this weekend. Navasota is set to play Bellville Friday night in Brenham and Sealy is set to play Columbus Friday night in Weimer. That is of course if Bellville beats Sealy and Navasota beats Columbus, which both teams should do. Does this change who will pitch in the Thursday games?

KL3
04-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey Roy, those were also the days when the batters didn't wear helmets. You think we should do that too?

BrahmaMom
04-28-2004, 10:03 PM
I hope Goeke can pull off an inning or two without hurting his arm. We are going to need all the pitching we can get. Maybe Jess can pull off a few, too. 22, any feedback for us? Our bats are hot, let's don't let up, Brahmas! Go Bulls!

Bellville22
04-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Don't have any feedback on either of those arms. Goeke threw an inning or two last week, and I haven't heard of any problems, so hopefully he can give us a few tonight. I'd like to have Meadows or Luetge fresh for the probable matchup Friday night.

Here's what I am thinking though. It's no secret that Sealy is a completely different team when Koneschek is on the mound than when he's not. I thought we'd see him tonight since it's the last district game and he's had plenty of rest since his last start. However, even with Koneschek on the mound, Bellville would still have to be the favorite, and should Bellville win, Sealy most likely finds itself in a must win tomorrow night vs. Columbus (assuming the Rattlers beat the Cards tonight). It's probably in Sealy's best interest to throw their other pitchers vs. Bellville tonight and enter tomorrow nights game with their ace on the hill.

Without Koneschek on the hill, Bellville shouldn't have a problem with Sealy, hopefully they can make it a 5 inning game, and save their arms for a Navasota team that has very deep pitching.

It'll be interesting, and remember, anything can happen.

ROY
04-29-2004, 08:50 AM
KL3- Nah! That would be too much of a 'kid' thing to do. One could die from a head injury. I can hardly see how someone could suffer such trauma from a good 'old school' slide. BEye- that's a good question. I'm sure all the playoff teams are having to really work the pitching around to be successful. And 73- is it enough already when your beloved Bellville crew are consistantly finding something to talk s*%& about? I'm sure you all have each other's cell numbers and have a good little network going. So when I see the next posting about little Bryant's leg being to hurt that he can't play in the Sealy game with the :mad: face beside it, I'll say "That's Enough!!!!!":kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

BrahmaMom
04-29-2004, 08:51 AM
It's Meadows' turn on the mound, I think. Then Luetge for tomorrow. I wish we'd waited till Monday, given us more options. I can't believe they won't throw Konesheck tonight, but even if he only threw 3-4 innings, to give them a chance, he couldn't pitch tomorrow, could he? It will be interesting to see if you're right about them saving him. I guess I would, but I really wanted to see him tonight. I can't make any game tomorrow night due to a Little League conflict and it's killing me. Got my youngest pitching, so I can't miss. I may call you, 22, for an update, though #2 son will be in town, I would like him to see his brother pitch (however, we're in one of the famous family batting slumps, so it may not be a good idea to have him rag on him).

Sittin' Fastball
04-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Hey KL3, the rattlers will play without helmets. Those are some pretty tough boys....they can handle it.

PS
I love you KL3

Bellville22
04-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by ROY
KL3- Nah! That would be too much of a 'kid' thing to do. One could die from a head injury. I can hardly see how someone could suffer such trauma from a good 'old school' slide.

Yea you're right ROY, about the only thing a "good 'old school' slide" could cause is a player to miss a week or two. I see nothing wrong with that.:rolleyes: Here it comes.........are you ready?..................:mad:

I did hear that Bryant is gonna try and give it a shot tonight. Hope all is well and he can get back in stride.

ROY
04-29-2004, 09:28 AM
Going to try? What is that? How could the kid run up and down the foul line 4 innings after the collision with no limp at all, and now he 'might' play? I thought this kid was a running back and I thought Bellville turned out tougher kids than that. :mad: back at you!

Bellville22
04-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ROY
:mad: back at you!

Cute. :clap:

Earth to ROY. :doh: Bryant has missed the past two games as a result of the injury suffered in the Navasota game. So yes, he 'MIGHT' play tonight. Bryant is a tough kid. He's also a competitive kid, which tells me that when he has to sit out two games, and see a doctor a time or two, there certainly is an injury. He was probably able to run at first because I'm sure the swelling from the spikes rammed into his leg with 170 lbs of human behind them hadn't set in yet.

Bellville22
04-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Sittin' Fastball
Hey KL3, the rattlers will play without helmets. Those are some pretty tough boys....they can handle it.

PS
I love you KL3

'Sittin': KL3 is on the market. I can get you his number if you'd like. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Sittin' Fastball
04-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Of course he's on the market, he is BUTT ugly.....

KL3
04-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey Sittin' Fastball, my cell phone number is 1-979-732-love.

Let me describe myself to you. I'm 6'3" 225 lbs, blonde hair, blue eyes. I have freakishly big biceps, and my triceps have that true V-shape. I also have a 6 pack of abs, and calfs that look like they were cut out of a Muscle & Fitness Magazine.

By the way Bellville22, I'm not on the market tonight, I'm taking that girl out who is a waitress at The Tap. She is the one on the far left of that billboard right after Navasota.

Bellville22
04-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by KL3

Let me describe myself to you. I'm 6'3" 225 lbs, blonde hair, blue eyes. I have freakishly big biceps, and my triceps have that true V-shape. I also have a 6 pack of abs, and calfs that look like they were cut out of a Muscle & Fitness Magazine.

:hand: 6'1", 185lbs, blonde hair, blue eyes, average but bigger than B22's biceps, abs that if you get in the right light could possibly find some definition, and smaller calfs than B22, although you are faster and have better springs...... that would be a more accurate description of KL3, haha

'KL3' hopefully after tonight you'll be off the market for good, huh. :D Although I'm sure you'll find a way to screw it up. I forgot her name already, the other night was not pretty, but tell her I said hello. She may remember me as that drunk guy that kept rambling, but oh well. Good luck, let me know how it goes.

BrahmaMom
04-29-2004, 04:43 PM
"Might" is the operative word there, guys. But Roy, come on, the kid was pretty seriously hurt to sit out two games, maybe a third. He is an excellent athlete and person, hardnosed as they come. If he sat out, it wasn't because he wanted to or didn't feel quite right. Give it up, and while you're at it, take the picture off the site. It might rile up a few Brahmas more than you'd like for tomorrow night's game, if that happens. Go Bulls!

BrahmaMom
04-29-2004, 04:48 PM
B22 and KL3, please spare this mom too many details. But S.F.--KL3 is NOT butt ugly. At least the girls always thought he was hot in high school and he's only gotten better as he's matured. Again, that mature word. Look it up and see if you can get a "How to" book--I'll buy it for you!

Brahma73
04-29-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
B22 and KL3, please spare this mom too many details. But S.F.--KL3 is NOT butt ugly.
Whose butt are you comparing him to?

Brahma73
04-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by ROY
And 73- is it enough already when your beloved Bellville crew are consistantly finding something to talk s*%& about? I'm sure you all have each other's cell numbers and have a good little network going. So when I see the next posting about little Bryant's leg being to hurt that he can't play in the Sealy game with the :mad: face beside it, I'll say "That's Enough!!!!!":kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

BrahmaMom
04-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Ya know, Roy, Bryant didn't play again tonight, he's been to the doctor, even faking feeling bad that a player got hurt would be better than trashing him a second time, off the field. And Fastball, only those with nothing to protect would play the sport without helmets anymore. See you guys in the fall. Go Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
04-30-2004, 12:02 AM
Anybody have any details of the Columbus victory over Navasota? I heard the score was 6-0. Columbus's pitcher must of pitched one terrific game. That may be the first time for a pitcher to shut-out the Rattlers this season.

ROY
04-30-2004, 09:07 AM
The Rattlers got 5 hits in their first Shutout defeat of the season. Janek (sp?) kept them off balance and the 789 hitters struck out 2 times each. Columbus got 9 hits in little bursts and they also made a couple of great defensive plays on for sure RBI hits. The Rattlers just got out played tonight. First time in the four losses that it seemed the other team wanted it more. Well, hats off to the Brahmas for stepping it up in their game. They should go at least 3-4 rounds deep in that bracket. Maybe Buenger can pitch a little more to help the depth. I still honestly can't believe that Bryant is still hurt from that collision, but I really do hope that he heals up for Bellville's playoff run. Navasota finished a good district run. I'm ready to watch some serious playoffs. They play Giddings first round who won their last district game to clinch 3rd place. I feel sorry for Giddings, because the Rattlers are going to come out of the corner swinging for a k.o. The kids are pretty ticked off and have something to prove with their next game. Winner of that round will play a good Barbers Hill team and winner of that round will probably play a very good La Grange team! I would really like to see Navasota play La Grange. That would be fun no matter the outcome. I'm now converting my bias to cheer on the Brahmas and the Cards. Both have great Head Coaches that carry their teams well.

Bellville22
04-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Hey Sittin' Fastball, my cell phone number is 1-979-732-love.

By the way Bellville22, I'm not on the market tonight, I'm taking that girl out who is a waitress at The Tap. She is the one on the far left of that billboard right after Navasota.

I'm yet to hear from KL3....musta been a good night:eek: (My apologies to BrahmaMom, I know she doesn't want to hear this kind of stuff. ;) )

BrahmaMom
05-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Well, heck, NOW I want to know if he's off the market. Ya' know, I've known him so long. I don't want details, just if he's attached or not. Long distance romances are tough and I want to make sure it's a nice girl, deserving of KL3 (once a mom, always a mom). So, KL3, when you get up, home, whatever, please fill me in a little! Nice girl is the main question. Always. Wait a minute, she's on a billboard????? I may drive to College Station to look at the billboard (need to pick up something, too). A billboard gilr?