PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield's new preseason schedule...

Bobkat
04-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Going with that old football saying...you have to play better teams to become a better team...Orangefield has re-scheduled it's preseason games this coming football year.

Week 0...Orangefield vs 5A Southlake Carroll at the Kickoff Classic in San Antonio...should be a good challenge for the young Bobcats to start the season. Orangefield should be a slight favorite in this one.

Week 1...Orangefield host the La Marque Courgars in what should be a classic battle. The Bobcats will really be up for this game with the defending 4A champs coming to town, but I still see the Cougars as a slight favorite. This should be an incredible football game.

Week 2...Orangefield has a bye, but heard that Rice University was looking for a scrimmage and this might become a reality.

Week 3...Orangefield will travel to Reliant Stadium and meet up with those Katy Tigers. Again I have to give the upper hand to the Katy Tigers, they've played in to many big games not to win this one. But it will be closer than the experts think.

Week 4...Orangefield will host the Ennis Lions in what should be a barn burner. With both of these high powered offenses, look for a lot of points being scored in this one. Give Orangefield the slight advantage in this one, only because of the homefield advantage.

Week 5...Orangefield will host Galena Park Northshore. This could be the match up of the year in the state of Texas. These two power houses meeting will be a great ending to a tough preseason schedule for both teams. Should be real slugfest, lets just hope both teams come out of this game injury free.

This schedule should be just what the doctor ordered in getting the Bobcats ready for their tough district schedule. Anytime your in a district with powerhouses like Hamshire Fannett(just ask them, they'll tell you), Bridge City and West Orange Stark, you have to get better to compete. This schedule should do the trick.

Go Cats!!!

WOS92
04-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Har dee har har... If this were true, I wouldn't want to face the Kats in the regular season :)

X21AAAPlayer
04-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Bobkat
This schedule should be just what the doctor ordered in getting the Bobcats ready for their tough district schedule. Anytime your in a district with powerhouses like Hamshire Fannett(just ask them, they'll tell you)

Yeah they are a huge powerhouse this year:p I mean with all that talk about beating WOS, BC, OF... and even the talk about being able to hang with the 20-4a district.... I wouldn't want to play them:rolleyes:

WOS92
04-27-2004, 11:32 PM
Ham-Fan :hairpunk:

Bobkat
04-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Wos92, it's going to be real scary looking across that stadium and seeing your Mustangs on the other sideline. It just hasn't sunk in yet that we're actually going to be playing you guys. My post was just in fun, and I truly believe that your Mustangs are definetly the powerhouse of the district. Look for Bridge City to be much improved and they should field a really good team. As far as my Bobcats, it could be along year. We lost alot of talent at our skilled positions and we'll have some young kids trying to step in and fell some big shoes. Should be interesting!!! As far as Hamshire Fannett being a power house, well like I said...Just ask them, they really believe that they are...it's going to really be funny when they play the Stangs this year. They actally think they have a chance.

X21AAAPlayer
04-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
Ham-Fan :hairpunk:
If you only knew... apparently you aren't catching the sarcasm;) check out www.trianglefootball.net you'll see what we're talking about. I think I just caught your sn on there... same person?

WOS92
04-27-2004, 11:38 PM
I expect a good game in the WO-S/OF inaugural battle. It'll be for local bragging rights, and that always adds a lot of fire to the play on the field. The truth is, our name tends to help us a lot against first-time opponents, and I'm sure that will probably be the case in quite a few of the games. But I don't expect OF to lay down for us by any means, and if we don't bring our A game, we could walk out of there VERY upset. You guys showed a lot in 03 knocking off Liberty in the postseason. I hope we beat you guys, but I'm more worried about that game - and the BC game - than most on our district schedule!
Good luck, except against WO-S!

X21AAAPlayer
04-27-2004, 11:41 PM
It's just too bad that BC vs. WOS is the last week of the regular season. I'll definitely be at the three most important games. BC vs. OF.. BC v. WOS. WOS vs. OF

sahen
04-28-2004, 01:07 AM
i wish orangefield and liberty wouldve scheduled each other in the preseason for real....but oh well hopefully they will meet again in the playoffs, best 2 out 3 this time? :)

spiveyrat
04-28-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Bobkat
Going with that old football saying...you have to play better teams to become a better team...Orangefield has re-scheduled it's preseason games this coming football year.

Week 0...Orangefield vs 5A Southlake Carroll at the Kickoff Classic in San Antonio...should be a good challenge for the young Bobcats to start the season. Orangefield should be a slight favorite in this one.

Week 1...Orangefield host the La Marque Courgars in what should be a classic battle. The Bobcats will really be up for this game with the defending 4A champs coming to town, but I still see the Cougars as a slight favorite. This should be an incredible football game.

Week 2...Orangefield has a bye, but heard that Rice University was looking for a scrimmage and this might become a reality.

Week 3...Orangefield will travel to Reliant Stadium and meet up with those Katy Tigers. Again I have to give the upper hand to the Katy Tigers, they've played in to many big games not to win this one. But it will be closer than the experts think.

Week 4...Orangefield will host the Ennis Lions in what should be a barn burner. With both of these high powered offenses, look for a lot of points being scored in this one. Give Orangefield the slight advantage in this one, only because of the homefield advantage.

Week 5...Orangefield will host Galena Park Northshore. This could be the match up of the year in the state of Texas. These two power houses meeting will be a great ending to a tough preseason schedule for both teams. Should be real slugfest, lets just hope both teams come out of this game injury free.

This schedule should be just what the doctor ordered in getting the Bobcats ready for their tough district schedule. Anytime your in a district with powerhouses like Hamshire Fannett(just ask them, they'll tell you), Bridge City and West Orange Stark, you have to get better to compete. This schedule should do the trick.

Go Cats!!!

Bobkat... Bobkat... wake up. You were dreaming again. :D

ej2525
04-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Why don't you guys just go ahead and schedule the defending Super Bowl Champs while your at it!! :thumbsup:

Sorry, I meant HF!! :doh:

Cat22
04-28-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ej2525
Why don't you guys just go ahead and schedule the defending Super Bowl Champs while your at it!! :thumbsup:

Sorry, I meant HF!! :doh:

That's funny EJ, just ask HF and I bet they tell you they could beat the Super Bowl Champs because they have a good JV group coming up. :D

ej2525
04-28-2004, 10:34 AM
And they bring "The Hat"!!!

Cat22
04-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about "The Hat".

X21AAAPlayer
04-28-2004, 12:37 PM
:eek: THE HAT!:eek: I've never seen it put to good use;)