PDA

View Full Version : Snyder 17 Sweetwater 1 in the district 3-3A Championship game

Mean_Machine
04-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Snyder Won the District 3-3A Championship tonight in sweetwater. WAY TO GO TIGERS!!!!
District champs in Track and now District champs in Baseball!!

17-1

One scene come to mind from the movie Animal House..

the one where the frat pledges are getting swated.. "THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!!"
:D

wildstangs
04-27-2004, 09:41 PM
Last I heard it was 9-1. Snyder really poured it on. Snyder has had an awesome Spring winning Track, Baseball, and I think they won Softball. Best of luck to them in the playoffs.

Buffalo
04-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Mean Machine do you live in Snyder or just a fan> How many of those athletes do more then one sport. Did you win both golf Dist champs again?

Mean_Machine
04-28-2004, 09:36 AM
Several of those athletes do more than one sport. this is 3A. Now the snyder kid who has a brace on his right leg ( the one that the sweetwater kids in the stands were making fun of by calling him captain gimp before he spapped the Grand Slam ) only plays baseball. but most play football or or basketball too.

Wtx_coach
04-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Snyder does a good ball club this year in baseball, I just hope the weak district does not hurt the team for the playoffs!!

vet93
04-28-2004, 11:44 AM
"THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!!".....I must say...you gave me a good chuckle over this one:clap: :D

Sittin' Fastball
04-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Sweetwater is ranked aren't they? Are they playing uninspired baseball right now or are they overrated?

heck
04-28-2004, 03:03 PM
I was at the game last night. Here are a few observations:

Snyder is a good ball club and they have really loud fans. Should be ranked.

Sweetwater is overranked. Too much hype surrounding Bishop and Carrilo. Hitting is weak.

I think baseball is much more popular in Snyder than Sweetwater.

Interesting fact about Sweetwater's team. They are all Seniors and Sophs. No Juniors to speak of. Sophs making way too many mistakes.

Collier is a good pitcher, but not that good. Snyder just rises to the occasion when they play Sweetwater.

Several Snyder female students were making some obscene jestures...go ahead and tell me how poor the Sweetwater fans were...but, Snyder fans should have never been allowed to sit in the Sweetwater Students Section...poor management by Sweetwater admin.

I wish Sweetwater had a benefactor like Grimmet so we could get a good diamond like Snyders.

Nobody in this district will make it past Lubbock Cooper and/or Perryton Canyon.

Buffalo
04-28-2004, 09:26 PM
So Mean Machine are you from Snyder? It seems you have had a good spring. District Champs in Baseball, Golf, Golf, Softball and Boys Track. It was almost as good as Sweetwaters last year.

That was a good one about the Spanking.

TRU-FAN
04-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Well, I dont post much at all, I usually just like to read what everyone has to say but I do have to respond to heck:
I know you are from Sweetwater but Im not understanding your comments about the baseball team. First of all, Sweetwater does have a good team, and how can you say too much hype over Bishop and Carrillo, they are the two top pitchers on the team so they are used in tough games and thats too much hype?? And you say the sophs make too many mistakes??? Apparently you havent been to all the games, I do believe its been very even on mistakes being made between Srs & Sophs, but this isnt about what age group makes the most errors, they are a team. And for the ones that say the sophs arent stepping up, then just stop and think where the Sweetwater baseball team without the ""mistaking"" making sophs. So Good Luck Sweetwater in the playoffs, your true supporters are behind ya'll win or lose.

heck
04-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Tru-Fan:
Just to answer your questions. I never said Sweetwater didn't have a good team. They just obviously aren't a top ten team. Yes the two players you refer to are the top two pitchers on the team. Didn't say they weren't. I just said they were over hyped. That means everybody expected them to be unbeatable. Can't argue with you regarding errors. Sr. and Sophs probably are about even. I just think that this soph class has been playing ball for a long time as a team and I thought they would be more polished. My mistake.
I am a true supporter of Mustang athletics. I also call a spade a spade. Your hint that I might be anything less is probably beneath you.

TRU-FAN
04-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Heck: I dont know who expected Bishop & Carrillo to be unbeatable, every pitcher is very beatable at any time. So hopefully everyone will realize that. And as far as the Sophs playing together for years, yes they have, but there is a big big difference between playing little league & varsity ball. Dont get me wrong, I know they have made mistakes but I just think too much blame has been put on the younger team members and believe me, they do feel the pressure. I never said you werent a true supporter, I know you are and as far as me hinting that, no I wasnt and Im sorry if you took it that way. But lets give these young ones more confidence & not soo much blame.

heck
04-29-2004, 10:42 AM
I can't believe you support Swater athletics and can still say you don't know anybody that thought these guys were unbeatable. Everybody thought that...now I won't argue with you but if you know the people I know, you wouldn't make that comment.

Sports is about feeling pressure. All players feel pressure. If you are a soph or a senior you feel it, its just part of the game. Its how you deal with pressure that seperates the men from the boys. I am not blaming anybody for the losses! Teams loose games not individuals.

Sounds like you have been hearing more than I have when it comes to people blaming the sophs. As a side note, I think the sophs best sport is baseball.

Mean_Machine
04-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Sweetwater people hammering on each other:D

TRU-FAN
04-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Mean Machine: Noone is hammering each other, we are simply giving each other our thoughts on this subject.

Heck: All I can say is the ones that thought they were unbeatable needs to step back into reality cuz like I said everyone is beatable any given time.
And I know very well that sports is pressure and they all have it, it just adds more on their shoulders when they hear or are told they are the ones making all the mistakes.
And yes, believe me, I have heard people blaming the sophs and then when I read your comment saying the same thing, I had to reply on this subject.
Lets just all support our team and be glad these boys are playing the game.