PDA

View Full Version : Softball Play offs

RBARKER
04-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Well I see that My BH eagles are to face Orangefield in the first round could someone give me some info on Orangefield and what they think the out come might be. BH has played some good ball this season, but it is hard to gauge just how good they are. They have Splendora in their district and Splendora has beaten them twice quite handily. I don't know if Splendora is that good or our district is not up to par. If anyone would like to share there matchups in the first round also please do.

hsfan
04-27-2004, 06:58 PM
saw splendora at a pasadena tourn earlier this year they looked pretty good.the only 2 srs. they lost are now at sam.i think they only have 2srs. this year also.

Old Cardinal
04-27-2004, 07:05 PM
I think that BH is a clear favorite. Samantha, April, and Crystal Gonzalas are very good select team players. I have seen BH play several times and I don't remember a HR hitter. OF has two and that is their only real hope is a HR with several on base. BC beat them 5-1 last time and they were much more poised; however Meagan Godwin got a HR with two on base and of course that changed the course of the outcome. Barker, I would come out and see them play and support them- they have worked real hard... I will be there on the OF side, they have really made some improvements and will not give up or lose their poise.

Yes, Splendora is the real deal. They are re-tooled with good select team year round players and have a little short girl that pitches for one of the Beaumont Blast 18 & U teams that can really burn you. They also have a pitcher out of the Greater Houston select team group that is premium.

PhiI C
04-27-2004, 08:40 PM
It wasn't a real playoff game but this evening in a warm up game for the two teams Sinton beat Port Aransas 6 to 3.

RBARKER
04-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I think that BH is a clear favorite. Samantha, Hope and Crystal Gonzalas are very good select team players. I have seen BH play several time and I don't remember a HR hitter. OF has two and that is their only real hope is a HR with several on base. BC beat them 5-1 last time and they were much more poised; however Meagan Godwin got a HR with two on base and of course that changed the course of the outcome. Barker, I would come out and see them play and support them- they have worked real hard... I will be there on the OF side, they have really made some improvements and will not give up or lose their poise.

Yes, Splendora is the real deal. They are re-tooled with good select team year round players and have a little short girl that pitches for one of the Beaumont Blast 18 & U teams that can really burn you. They also have a pitcher out of the Greater Houston select team group that is premium.

Thanks for the info sounds like it will be a good Matchup. Orangefield hanging in with the #1 team in the state is proof enough for me. Come on People share your thoughts on your teams in the playoffs. This is the last chance for playoff talk untill November:(

cgw1622
04-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Caldwell will be playing the winner of Teague vs Huntington. Does anyone know about either of these two teams? I've only heard that Teague has a decent pitcher but not sure of Huntington. I guess I will find out Thursday night. Thinking about going to the game. But it's a long drive to Rusk from here.
Which team do you think is favored?

Old Cardinal
04-28-2004, 06:33 PM
To cgw1622, I think Huntington will win it by a big score. They are coming out of a very strong 20-3A District and have pulled themselves up by their boot-straps to make the playoffs. All I know is they have heart and play as a team. Get us a real good report on this game as soon as possible Thursday night when the dust settles...