PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers...

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2004, 03:13 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. They're the best team in the metroplex these days...people were wondering if they'd lose 100 games this year...I say they'll have a better year than last year. You gotta love the way they've been playing so far, coming out every night and fighting. That's something they've been missing the last few years. They remind me a lot of the young Twins teams of about three years ago, but with possibly more talent. The biggest problem for the Rangers is they're in one of the toughest divisions in all of baseball, but at 11-8, they've got the exact same record as our southern counterparts!

Rabbit'93
04-27-2004, 03:45 PM
The thing about the Rangers is they always fall apart in the middle of the season. I've seen it too many times over the years.

rholl
04-27-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm with the first poster...these guys are fun at least. I hope Rangers continue the youth movement and don;t start trading these guys for veteran pitchers. The only thing I don't like about what is going on is that some of these guys that a I really like are going to be trade bait before too long.

Keith7
04-27-2004, 04:49 PM
The Rangers are full of potential all stars on the field.. but lack consistent pitching

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2004, 04:52 PM
I went to the last dollar hot dog night two weeks ago and it was a nightmare...the vendors don't sell hotdogs in the seats, so you have to go to the concession stands. I waited for an hour and a half for three hot dogs, because everybody wants them because they're so cheap, and the concession stands keep running out of hot dogs, so every time they run out, you just stand there for about twenty minutes...with all that said though, I'll probably go to more games this year than I've ever been to before...I like what's happening on the field, and I think that this offense may be one of the greatest in recent baseball history within the next three years.

mwynn05
04-27-2004, 04:57 PM
this is the latest the rangers have been in 1st place in 5 or 6 years

JasperDog94
04-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Rangers get rid of A Rod - 1st place so far.

Yankees get A Rod - 3rd place so far.

Conspiracy?:devil:

PI-fan
04-27-2004, 10:07 PM
I for one thought they were gonna be bad this yr again. I'm glad they're doing better, but it's a lil hard to get involved with all the new faces and all. :thinking:

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Good win by the Rangers again tonight...Cordero got in a no-out bases loaded jam and was able to preserve the 3-2 victory. And with the Astros getting rained out, the Rangers have the best record in Texas!!!

BU97
04-28-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm sure they can't keep this up, but I do giggle everytime I look in the papers and see the Rangers in 1st and the Yankees below .500. How do ya like that A-Rod?

JasperDog94
04-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BU97
I'm sure they can't keep this up, but I do giggle everytime I look in the papers and see the Rangers in 1st and the Yankees below .500. How do ya like that A-Rod?
Poetic justice.:devil:

CatWoman
04-28-2004, 01:37 PM
I too thought they would stink this year, but I have been impressed so far. I'm a big fan and hope they keep it up. I've really liked the base hits they've been getting as opposed to just single home runs they got in the past few years. A lot of hitters are getting RBI's and base hits, they just look more "well-rounded" this year. They sure have been fun to watch so far!!

crzyjournalist03
04-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Great comeback win in the 9th today against Kansas City...now comes the real test as they head back to the Ballpark still tied for first place, but they will be facing the Boston Red Sox this weekend. The Rangers may luck out with the Sox playing a double header today, they may be a little fatigued heading into this weekend.

CRHSeagle
04-29-2004, 07:17 PM
If the Rangers get at least 2 decent starters, they could be the team to beat in the West.

crzyjournalist03
05-01-2004, 02:53 PM
well, a rainout last night combined with an Anaheim loss has the Rangers in sole possession of first place on May 1. Now if we can just take a couple games from Boston today....

HighSchool Fan
05-01-2004, 03:02 PM
What are the pitching match-ups today?

crzyjournalist03
05-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Drese vs. Arroyo in the first game
Benoit vs. Pedro Martinez in the second

HighSchool Fan
05-01-2004, 04:36 PM
If Benoit pitches like he did last week, game 2 could be a real good game.

crzyjournalist03
05-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Well...game 2 was good...we lit up Pedro pretty good....going for the sweep tonight, and if we do, it could propel us to potentially the best record in the AL depending on how Minnesota does today.

crzyjournalist03
05-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Wow...the Rangers just finished a sweep of Boston, who had been the hottest team in the league before this weekend, having won six in a row. The Rangers keep piling on the wins, and now have a chance to continue the streak against the Devil Rays this week.

Mean_Machine
05-03-2004, 10:06 AM
I wish the rangers would get it togeather and keep it that way all year long. It would be nice to have a texas team on top at the end.

crzyjournalist03
05-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Who would have ever thought that the Rangers would have the best record in the major leagues on May 3?

Kenny Rogers pitches tonight against the Devil Rays.

SintonFan
05-03-2004, 12:46 PM
The Rangers in first place???:eek:
Uh oh! You know what that means...
There's going to be another player's strike before the season's over.:D
It's nice to see the Ranger's on a roll.:cool:

crzyjournalist03
05-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Kenny Rogers did what R.A. Dickey almost did last night by pitching a complete game shutout....that was one heck of a first inning with Michael Young, Alfonso Soriano, and David Dellucci all going yard en route to an 8-0 lead after the first inning. Here's a few stats to look at with the Rangers as of the completion of this game:

Rangers team record: 1st in MLB
Rangers batting average: 1st in MLB
Rangers team ERA: 2nd in AL
Rangers team fielding: 2nd in AL

I know that people will keep saying that it's only the first week of May, but you don't get those kinds of numbers in all those categories for no reason. This is a good team we are witnessing right now, and they really do have the potential to hang in the playoff hunt all year long. Whether they do or not is TBD, but right now, I don't think anyone can question their potential.