PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange pitchers

Sintonfbplayer04
04-27-2004, 09:53 AM
All i know about LaGrange is that they probably have 3 of the top 5 picthers on their team. They all 3 should have a full ride to wherever they want to go.

jason
04-27-2004, 10:22 AM
*cough* FORNEY *cough*

Brahma73
04-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Sintonfbplayer04
All i know about LaGrange is that they probably have 3 of the top 5 picthers on their team. They all 3 should have a full ride to wherever they want to go.

When Bailey's not on the mound, they're beatable.

Old Cardinal
04-27-2004, 10:48 AM
I would respectfully disagree--I think Bridge City has 3 of the top five pitchers and they are all too young to have their drivers license yet, LOL. They finished the District with a 14-0 record last night with a 11-4 win over Anahuac.....We keep being bombarded with the Forney! Forney! Forney! stuff....I think Region IV has five better teams and Region III has 10 better teams and Region I has one better team, than anyone in Region II including the five game loser Forney. No wonder the Texas Coaches and TX Baseball Magazine does not have them rated at all--there is a good reason, LOL!

jason
04-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Forneys losses were to some pretty darn good teams:

4A Stephenville
?? Denton Liberty Christian
4A #1 Denton Ryan (2)
5A Rockwall

They've beaten:

5A Carrollton RL Turner
5A Carrollton Creekview
5A Abilene High
5A Mesquite High
5A The Colony
5A Duncanville
5A Bryan Adams

Not to mention the 4 trips to the state tourn in the last 5 years...They've outscored district opponents 180-0, and thats with one game that hasnt been reported vs Dallas Madison...Forney is the team to beat....

jason
04-27-2004, 11:07 AM
oops

Bellville22
04-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Brahma73
When Bailey's not on the mound, they're beatable.

Ditto

Rabbit'93
04-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I would respectfully disagree--I think Bridge City has 3 of the top five pitchers and they are all too young to have their drivers license yet, LOL. They finished the District with a 14-0 record last night with a 11-4 win over Anahuac.....We keep being bombarded with the Forney! Forney! Forney! stuff....I think Region IV has five better teams and Region III has 10 better teams and Region I has one better team, than anyone in Region II including the five game loser Forney. No wonder the Texas Coaches and TX Baseball Magazine does not have them rated at all--there is a good reason, LOL!

:rolleyes: Envy..its a horrible thing! And just so you can set the record straight...exactly what has BC ever done in baseball that is soo great? I'm not asking what everyone in Region III & IV has done, I want to know about BC. You're only argument has been on the regional level. Forney has done great things over the past several years so I'm curious as to what BC has done.

Old Cardinal
04-27-2004, 03:39 PM
They have won District and went a few rounds each year the last four years. They went to the finals in 4A in 1992 and were always a winning type program in 4A. The fact that Forney representing Reg. II and losing in the Tournaments pretty well shows that Reg. II just can't compete with III & IV. I think they(BC) would just be one more District Champ or a number of Runnerup teams from Region III that would take any Region II team out. Example, Lorena had a lot of 1 run games in Region III last season but no real problem in the State Tournment. Yes, I think BC and a lot of others would clean Forney's plow this season and I agree with the Coaches and Baseball Magazine Guru's on not having them in the Poll. I think Princeton is in there just as a courtesy. Sorry, it's nothing personal about Forney HS. BC may get culled early but they at least know they are in a very strong Regional setting.

Rabbit'93
04-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Yes, I think BC and a lot of others would clean Forney's plow this season .

Whatever helps you sleep better at night. In the four trips we've made to the finals we have yet to have our "plow cleaned". Forney has stepped up its competition this year by scheduling a slew of 5A schools and we've held our own very nicely. Your bias against anything Reg II has got you believing your own hype. And I say hype because you constantly tout Reg III and as soon as anyone mentions a Reg II team you are as quick to denounce them as possible. I've never question the baseball prowess of Reg. III & IV but give credit where credit is due, will ya.

Old Cardinal
04-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Guess we agree to disagree...Good luck in Region II.

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2004, 04:21 PM
here are the stats of Forney's top three pitchers:

Player................W L H ER BB SO ERA IP
Chace Lankford... 5 0 6 2 12 37 0.55 25.1
Brandon Hewett.. 2 1 11 2 6 14 0.74 19
Chance Corgan....7 1 19 6 25 83 0.98 42.2

vfunk
04-27-2004, 08:02 PM
next thing you know, OC will be telling us how many sprinting titles his region has won at the State Track Meet in recent years! Get over it!!!

JRabbit_Fan
04-27-2004, 08:38 PM
They have won District and went a few rounds each year the last four years. They went to the finals in 4A in 1992 and were always a winning type program in 4A. The fact that Forney representing Reg. II and losing in the Tournaments pretty well shows that Reg. II just can't compete with III & IV. I think they(BC) would just be one more District Champ or a number of Runnerup teams from Region III that would take any Region II team out. Example, Lorena had a lot of 1 run games in Region III last season but no real problem in the State Tournment. Yes, I think BC and a lot of others would clean Forney's plow this season and I agree with the Coaches and Baseball Magazine Guru's on not having them in the Poll. I think Princeton is in there just as a courtesy. Sorry, it's nothing personal about Forney HS. BC may get culled early but they at least know they are in a very strong Regional setting.

I don't know but the more I read your posts the more I detect a frustrated jealous fan who's team can't seem to get to the promised land (Austin). There is no doubt that some of the best baseball is played in region III and IV. Unfortunately Forney can't relocate and play in God's regions. I guess when I say my prayers tonight I should be thankful for region II because those 4 straight trips to Austin were a blast. I had much rather make it to the promise land and lose than to get buried in the almighty region III. ( By the way Forney was a play away in three of those years and could of easily have had 3 rings but the baseball gods just were not with us).We may or may not get to Austin this year but I guarantee you as much you can guarantee me that Forney can play with ANYBODY in 3A. And just for the record Forney has moved to No. 11 in the Baseball magazine poll. The reason they dropped in the first place was because their records were not reported for a couple of weeks and the poll had no choice but to drop them down. But at the end of the day the only poll that matters is the one on June 10th at around 5PM. Anyway, good luck to your Cards. They appear to be a pretty good team this year.

P.S. Lorena didn't exactly run away with the state championship last year. As I remember they played two one run games and even struggled against poor ol Daingerfield from region II.

PhiI C
04-27-2004, 09:06 PM
I agree with Rabit Fan. I was there at the last championship Forney was in in 2002. A big factor was the luck of the draw for Sinton that year. We had two outstanding pitcher that year which is always a plus at State. Sinton first had to play Abilene Wylie who probably had the best hitters of all the four teams. We were able to start our ace pitcher against them and he did a great job. Then Forney had to use their ace pitcher who was probably the best pitcher in long game with Lorena that night so they were probably more fatigued that night. Sinton used their second pitcher who was gone and got MVP. Forney's other pitchers tried but some errors helped Sinton get runs and Sinton was able to win the game. That is why if it isn't Sinton I hope Forney wins in state game because of their efforts and bad luck in the past.