PDA

View Full Version : UIL site starting to flesh out softball and baseball bracketing

Old Cardinal
04-26-2004, 11:55 AM
I see the girls softball UIL site is filling the bracket blanks as fast as final top three teams are established-per District....I assume the boys UIL baseball bracket will fill this week.

I would like some specific info on Huntington, Fairfield, and Diboll softball, they surprised everyone?

Also if anyone has info on surprise playoff teams in either baseball or softball please share it with all of us?

I see Orangefield vs Barbers Hill are playing in West Brook HS Stadium in Beaumont Thursday night at 7 PM
Another good upcoming game is Hamshire-Fannett vs Huffman Hargraves...H-F beat them at the "Right Side of Texas Tournament" in one of those final six team games. Does anyone have a location and time?

Again, I would like to see all the SE Texas bi-district games played on a Friday night and all day Saturday at the opulent Ford Park softball fields in Beaumont. That way, fans could see all the teams in the area play at one place and save on fuel! What a wonderful postseason bonanza event!

middleagecardinal
04-26-2004, 12:16 PM
I heard that there is a men's tourney going on this weekend at Ford Park. That's why no games are there. Also I'm not sure every school would want to pay for the fields. Good idea though. It would be nice if they would donate the fields since the park could collect the gate and concessions.

Old Cardinal
04-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks MAC, I did not know it was booked...I guess it would have to be planned way ahead. I think they charge $95.00 per individual game to rent a single field. If there were a number of games scheduled for the Fri-Sat it would be a break even situation at $5 for a two day pass also.
There are some great fields over at the other Beaumont Complex site that would suffice also.
MAC, Have you seen Huntington or Diboll play?

middleagecardinal
04-26-2004, 01:41 PM
No, I have not. I have only seen Hudson play last year when they knocked us out of the playoffs. To me the Hudson team was beatable, but we won't go into my opinions about that game. I would have to say that Huntingtion, Diboll and Hudson are fairly evenly matched based on records and who beat who. In theory this would make them pretty good teams. At least 2nd place in our district.

Sittin' Fastball
04-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Diboll is average.

Ray_BearKat
04-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Anyone have any info on the teams from 29 and 30? I'm guessing Devine is the runner up in 29? And who is the third place from 30?

middleagecardinal
04-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Sittin' Fastball,

How would you rate Diboll, Huntington and Hudson relative to one another? The same as they finished in district?

Sittin' Fastball
04-26-2004, 02:25 PM
1. Huntington
2. Hudson
3. Diboll

Phil C
04-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Ray third in 30 is either going to be Ingleside or Mathis. Both had identical district records and each won one game against the other in district play so they are going to have a one game playoff for the third spot. I called the Mathis office this morning and the game is scheduled to be in Ingleside today at 5:00 P.M. I plan to drive over there for the game and I will post the result when I get home this evening assuming it doesn't get rained out. We had a little big of rain this morning but it looks like it is clearing up hopefully enough for them to have the game today.

Ray_BearKat
04-26-2004, 03:31 PM
yeah, its raining over here in Kingsville too, thanks for the info and for the game update later today.

Old Cardinal
04-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Bridge City girls and boys will face the winner of third place 23-AAA vs runnerup of 24AAA.....for both boys and girls.... Have those teams been confirmed yet?.....If not please post here when that information is available. Thank you

mwynn05
04-26-2004, 07:01 PM
the Fairfield baseball team is on fire right now winning 6 of 7 theyve basicly run ruled the whole district the second time through except for groesbeck who beat them in a close game and crockett who the beat by about 8. They played Westwood today at 3 (yes 3 because of taks) it was supposed to be here but our fields were too wet so they played at westwood and won it was for 2nd in the district if im not mistaken......what teams could they play out of d-20? the eagles now have madisonville left a game they should win rather easily...i think the baseball team is officially playoff bound

18handicap
04-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Keep me posted on dates and locations of playoff games so I can update my brackets page.

Go to http://www.sweenysoftball.org/standingspage.htm to see what I have.

someone
04-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Bridge City Girls will either play Sealy or Elgin/La Grange (their district playoff is tonight) should know more later tonight about Elgin and La grange Game

PhiI C
04-26-2004, 08:34 PM
In softball tonight Ingleside defeated Mathis 12 to 2 for the third place spot in 30 AAA.

Chopblock
04-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Elgin/Sealy either in Weimer or Breham on Friday I think
Elgin won the home Flip

fred grunden
04-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Sittin' Fastball
1. Huntington
2. Hudson
3. Diboll

You are talking softball here, right? Diboll plays Huntington
in their last regular season game. Paper said Tues(4/27) in one place and Friday in another. So don't know if they played last Fri night or will play tomorrow.

RBARKER
04-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Update on 22-3A baseball district race.

BH defeated Shepard 18-4 last night to go to 10-3 in district. the other two teams that were tied for first with BH (Liberty & Huffman) game was postponed and will play Thursday.