PDA

View Full Version : Is your school a Nike school

Old Tiger
04-25-2004, 05:59 PM
Just wondering who's schools wear nike apparel.

Chris Hart
04-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Burnet has been wearing Nike apparel since Coach Shipley arrived before the 2001 season. They are really sharp unis.

KTJ
04-26-2004, 11:16 AM
How did they do that? That is, get those Nike uniforms? I had raised this question but no one ever answered it.

While not sponsored by Nike, Gainesville is usually a Nike school.

crzyjournalist03
04-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
How did they do that? That is, get those Nike uniforms? I had raised this question but no one ever answered it.

While not sponsored by Nike, Gainesville is usually a Nike school.

I'm pretty sure that Nike doesn't sponsor high schools...most uniform stores probably have all the major brands...Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc. Coaches probably like the looks of certain jerseys, and probably use the same brand year after year based upon their personal tastes.

Old Tiger
04-26-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm sure they are doing it how were getting money doing a lift-a-thon for bench press. You go around town and get pledges per lbs. or donations. Get the entire city to go to the gym and lift and what weight you get the people that pledged by lbs. pay you however much it comes out to.

mwynn05
04-26-2004, 06:50 PM
there arent any 3a schools that i know of that are nike sponsored... there is a difference between wearing nike and being nike sponsored the only one i can think of off the top of my head is the northside girls basketball program in ft. smith, ar.

BHKrystal06
04-26-2004, 07:48 PM
I haven't seen Nike at Barbers Hill in so long...:thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-26-2004, 08:58 PM
As far as I know, we're going to have Nike uniforms, gloves, pants, shoes, etc, so basically nothing but Nike attire.

Old Tiger
04-26-2004, 09:08 PM
you forgot skull caps :p

BU97
04-27-2004, 02:57 PM
There are some rules that you have to follow to be a "Nike" school and I can't remember all of them. But in short if you meet the criteria then you get your Nike stuff for less. I know that you have to use Nike everything, shoes, gloves, unis, balls, socks, etc. We looked into it here at Wharton but decided not to do it. One reason was we really didn't like the Nike football uniforms, there is only a few styles to choose from. We get our shoes, gloves, balls, etc through a Nike dealer but are not a "Nike" school. This may have changed but this was how it was a few years back when we were contacted.

Rabbit'93
04-27-2004, 04:05 PM
Being in the sporting goods industry here is how it shakes out. NIKE very rarely "sponsors" a high school or any team for that matter. They do give schools discounted goods for going with NIKE, just like any company would do. And you are correct everything must be NIKE.

Matthew328
04-27-2004, 04:32 PM
I know for a while Cleburne was a Reebok school....back in the late 90's.....