PDA

View Full Version : Julius Jones is new Cowboys RB

crzyjournalist03
04-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Anybody know much abaout him?

Chris Hart
04-24-2004, 05:38 PM
I know he's ALOT better than Troy Hambrick.:)

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-24-2004, 05:43 PM
No doubt!

Originally posted by Chris Hart
I know he's ALOT better than Troy Hambrick.:)

Old Tiger
04-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Well the Cowboys made the stupidest move I've ever seen and passed up 3 or 4 great runningbacks. I haven't heard anything about this guy.

crzyjournalist03
04-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Well the Cowboys made the stupidest move I've ever seen and passed up 3 or 4 great runningbacks. I haven't heard anything about this guy.

yeah...I think the Cincy pick really shocked the Cowboys and to a lesser extent, Denver's pick of Bell...I think when they made the move they were pretty confident that they'd get one of those two, but that's the risk they took and it didn't pay off.

Old Tiger
04-24-2004, 06:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/ncf/news/2003/0604/1563107.html here's some info on him.

SintonFan
04-24-2004, 06:34 PM
I thought he played for Syracuse. Something like an orange julius.

Old Tiger
04-24-2004, 06:36 PM
that's the only thing i could find. it may be wrong.

crzyjournalist03
04-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Bill Parcells said that he told Julius Jones that if he was available in the second round, the Cowboys would try to pick him. So it looks like the Cowboys actually got the guy they had wanted after all...we may not know much about him, but I for one will trust Big Bill on this one!

Old Tiger
04-24-2004, 07:14 PM
He could turn out like the Texans rookie RB did.

PhiI C
04-24-2004, 07:44 PM
I am inclined to agree with crz! Bill has a great record.

vfunk
04-24-2004, 09:12 PM
i dont really mind this pick....I dont think there was really a GREAT running back this year, and although I do think Jackson is better, Big Bill likes to have lots of picks. And who can blame him...the majority of teams hit on less than 50% of their guys each year, so the more you have...the better odds of getting a great player. They have alot of needs and still get a good runner. If any of these runners were considered standout great, they wouldnt have lasted till the 24th pick. This just wasnt a RB strong draft. Lets also not forget that Jackson tore his meniscus.

If Bill plans to stay around, look for this team to be ready to rule the NFL in 2005. With Henson, and 2 number 1s next year...get ready!!

Bull's-eye
04-28-2004, 12:00 AM
I agree with vfunk. There was not a marquee back in this draft. Dallas had a wish list of about 6 different backs that would improve their running game. I heard that Kevin Jones was their highest rated back, but they knew they could get one of the other six in the second round. Jerry slipped and said OT Shawn Andrews is who they really wanted to pick in the first round. After Philly traded up to get him, Dallas had to go a different direction. Buffalo gave them the extra picks that may turn out to be a great trade for Dallas. Dallas has Buffalo's #1 pick next year. Buffalo has to play New England and Miami twice, that could be 4 losses right there. If Buffalo has a bad year, Dallas will have a very good first round pick. Couple with their own pick, Dallas could trade up for the #1 pick in the whole 2005 draft.
I think the key to this year's draft are the two offensive linemen, they chose in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If these 2 guys step in and start, and center Al Johnson returns 100%, Dallas will automatically improve their running game. The tight end from BC, is very good at run blocking. The later picks were chosen for their special teams play. RB Julius Jones was also pretty good at returning kicks. He has been clocked at 4.3 and was one of the fastest backs in the draft!

kaorder1999
04-28-2004, 12:15 AM
let me be the first to say...Jones....NFL Rookie of the Year...

Bull's-eye
04-28-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
let me be the first to say...Jones....NFL Rookie of the Year... This could be quite possible. Julius Jones has probably the best chance of any rookie RB to become a full time starter. Hambrick rushed for 972 yds on 275 attempts. His average per attempt was only 3.5 yds. Let's say that Jones averages 4 yds per carry, that would give him 1100 yds for the season. The offensive line should be improved with this year's picks and starting center Al Johnson coming back from injury. This may even contribute more yards to his yearly total. So really, all he has to do is beat out Hambrick and become the Cowboy's main RB. The way Bill likes to pound the ball, Jones should easily rush for over a 1000 yds!:clap: :clap: Remember, you heard it first from Kaorder1999.

kaorder1999
04-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Remember, you heard it first from Kaorder1999.

amen

Sans Couth
04-28-2004, 09:21 AM
The best thing that I see out of the move is this. It all makes me believe that the TUNA is planning on staying for a while.

kaorder1999
04-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
The best thing that I see out of the move is this. It all makes me believe that the TUNA is planning on staying for a while.

same here...and i hope that is the case

crzyjournalist03
04-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth

He'll be here until we win back to back Superbowls and he gets all the credit...