PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys trade first round pick!!!

crzyjournalist03
04-24-2004, 02:49 PM
With a chance to take the top rated RB in the draft in Steven Jackson, the Cowboys traded the pick away! Unbelievable!!!

SintonFan
04-24-2004, 02:50 PM
I just saw and I hope they know what they are doing. It just makes me sick!:(

Sans Couth
04-24-2004, 02:53 PM
They may STILL get Jackson! They only traded down about 6 places and the teams in between may not need RB's. I can't believe it either, but I have faith in the ole Tuna.

PhiI C
04-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Bill usually knows what he is doing! I hope they didn't make a big mistake! Man oh Man! I hope they didn't blow a chance to get a big steal! :(

fball4life
04-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Cowboys Suck anyway, no matter who they get they suck, we got a smart pick Roy Williams from Texas (Lions)

WOS92
04-24-2004, 02:59 PM
They traded down 21 spots. Jackson will not be there. :mad:

CRHSeagle
What do the cowboys get in return? More pics?

Chris Hart
I don't think the Cowboys pick until #45 now after the trade. They could possibly still trade up and get a good RB, but if they don't I take it as they will use this year as a learning year for Drew Henson and with the 2 first round picks next year they will try and load up and go for it all in 2005. I hate to see a year sacrificed in the process. Maybe the Tuna has something good up his sleeve.

PhiI C
04-24-2004, 03:01 PM
It is just unbelievable! How often do you get the chance to draft the best running back available this late in the draft? And we all know Dallas needs a good running back! I hope Bill and Jerry know what they are doing! Holy Chiwawa!

vernonlion05
04-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Dallas traded a first round pick for next year......so in 2005 Dallas will have 2 first round picks.

crzyjournalist03
04-24-2004, 03:07 PM
here's my suspicion:

The Cowboys have liked Chris Perry from the start. Although he wasn't really considered first round material, many people thought the Cowboys would take him at 22 because Steven Jackson would be gone. By trading down to 43, Steven Jackson will probably be gone, but Chris Perry will probably still be there, so the Cowboys still get the player they were expecting to get in the first place, and they acquire a fifth round pick this year and a first round pick next year in the process.

Old Tiger
04-24-2004, 03:15 PM
They are stupid, too late Jackson is already gone.

PhiI C
04-24-2004, 03:18 PM
I am in agony over this decision but my ray of faint hope is the fact that Bill is involved and this may somehow turn out to be a good move. We will see.

SintonFan
04-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Mommy... :weeping:

Old Tiger
04-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Chirs Perry is gone now.

crzyjournalist03
04-24-2004, 03:39 PM
I doubt Kevin Jones slips to Dallas...looks like we'll be choosing between Tatum Bell and Greg Jones.

SintonFan
04-24-2004, 03:39 PM
:mad: :mad:

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-24-2004, 03:59 PM
I would like to have had Steven Jackson. I never thought he would still be available. I'm betting on Bell from OSU. I think the Boys have been planning on him anyway. They brought him in two weeks ago. Plus they figured Jackson would be gone. So if we can still get Bell with our first second round pick and then have picked up a 1st rounder next year that would make me happy. 2 first rounders next year will be good. I bet the Cowboys pick up a tackle with our second pick. I have no idea who though.

KL3
04-24-2004, 07:47 PM
It is really amazing to see some of these replies on this thread. Have you all studied film on all the RB's? Surely you have had to to be calling the Cowboys out like this. What the hell is Parcell's doing, he should be listening to the draft gurus on 3A Downlow.

pirate4state
04-25-2004, 12:39 AM
LOL-KL3 on above post! :D

I was out and about and wanted my brother to call me when the Cowboys picked. Heh, heh - first let me say, my brother is a die hard Cowboy fan, he thinks they're going to the Super bowl every year! :doh: So, when the Cowboys traded down, he was speechless!! It was so funny!! He said, "I don't know what the *bleep* they just did, but *bleep, bleep...* you get the idea ;) then he said, I have to call you back! :mad: He just "wanted to understand" their logic!! :nerd: He kept saying, "Steven Jackson was still there"! :confused: Poor guy. I think he may have gotten over it -- he sure did drink a lot tonight. :D

PI-fan
04-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by KL3
It is really amazing to see some of these replies on this thread. Have you all studied film on all the RB's?

Did Parcell's?

This is what the nfl site says about Juilius Jones the rb they chose...

" Not really a self-motivated player and does not take well to hard coaching … Is just a little too lazy digesting the playbook … Has adequate power, but not enough to take on defenders one-on-one … Not mentally tough, letting minor injuries linger … Just used on screens, as he is a marginal route runner who looks late for the ball … Needs to protect the ball better and show better anticipation for contact … Will sometimes run up the back of the offensive lineman, but has enough pick-and-slide agility to gain yards inside … Prone to go down from the initial tackle, especially when defenders attack his feet "

Then when they showed the highlights from the tackle they got... in all but one of the highlights, the defender was winning the match.
oh well. :(

Old Tiger
04-25-2004, 03:51 PM
The Cowboys goofed...

kaorder1999
04-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by PI-fan
Did Parcell's?

This is what the nfl site says about Juilius Jones the rb they chose...

" Not really a self-motivated player and does not take well to hard coaching … Is just a little too lazy digesting the playbook … Has adequate power, but not enough to take on defenders one-on-one … Not mentally tough, letting minor injuries linger … Just used on screens, as he is a marginal route runner who looks late for the ball … Needs to protect the ball better and show better anticipation for contact … Will sometimes run up the back of the offensive lineman, but has enough pick-and-slide agility to gain yards inside … Prone to go down from the initial tackle, especially when defenders attack his feet "

Then when they showed the highlights from the tackle they got... in all but one of the highlights, the defender was winning the match.
oh well. :(

and who makes this little bio...? Yeah...the media...not football geniuses like Parcells...

JasperDog94
04-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by fball4life
Cowboys Suck anyway, no matter who they get they suck, we got a smart pick Roy Williams from Texas (Lions)
Yeah, they suck. That's why they own 5 Superbowl trophies...they suck...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SintonFan
04-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by KL3
It is really amazing to see some of these replies on this thread. Have you all studied film on all the RB's? Surely you have had to to be calling the Cowboys out like this. What the hell is Parcell's doing, he should be listening to the draft gurus on 3A Downlow.
Hehe...
Parcells might be patient. But most of us who are fans aren't. Fans watch pro sports for instant gratification. When your team loses it's instant dissapointment. Waiting another year is not instant gratification. The draft just gave some of us instant dissapointment. Man, it's hard to not be impatient. :D

PI-fan
04-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
and who makes this little bio...? Yeah...the media...not football geniuses like Parcells...

the media? u make it sound like someone at cnn made the player's bios during his time off the Iraq stories... lol

More than likely the bios were made by the sporting media, the media that makes it their job to do the research on these players, they just don't say stuff for the heck of it.

Besides, i've heard the scout(D'Angelo?) during Parcells days at the Giants played a huge role on most of their draftees at the time.

The cowboys are looking for the future, while most teams want to win now.

NOTE: DallasCowboys.com... "CBS Sportsline, apparently feeling generous, gave the Cowboys' draft a B. Pro Football Weekly felt it merited a C. ESPN says C-. And The Sporting News gives Dallas a D"

Averages out somewhere in between a C and a C- :(

JasperDog94
04-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Just remember what the Herschel Walker trade did for Dallas in the 90's.:D :D :D