PDA

View Full Version : World Champ Sr Babe Ruth-Mid County an ongoing springboard!

Old Cardinal
04-24-2004, 02:30 PM
That #4 PN-G 4A and #6 BC team 3A are just part of a great training base...I think a World Series Babe Ruth Mid-County Championship woke up a bunch of boys in the Golden Triangle that big things can happen via teamwork and individual effort. Last night I witnessed a BC team go 11-1 in five innings over a good(possible 3rd team) Buna team. Kevin Angelle, a Sophomore, struck out 12 in 5 innings of a called game. Kevin had 97 Ks going in; so that makes 109 for 8 games-that's 13.62 per game. Since not all games made it to 7 innings, that's an astounding record! Junior All-Stater Hunter Hays did not get his HR last night but he was 3 for 3(including a triple & double) with 4 rbi's. BC banged out 11 hits against Buna's All-Stater Collin Delone, who was also on that same World Series Babe Ruth SR Mid County Championship team!

#4 PN-G 4A(24-2, 14-0) beat Nederland (17-6-2, 8-6) in six innings 12-2 Allen Harrington WP went into the game with a great era. Again he was prominent(maybe the hero) in the Babe Ruth World Series win. PN-G banged out 18 hits against a good Nederland pitching staff. Kyle Stutts, Aubrey Cook, and Blake Buchanan all went 3-4 last night.

I guess when I have thought of teams beating other teams by a 10-run rule in the past I considered the losers a weak team. Last night, Bridge City and PN-G 10-run-ruled a couple of good teams in Nederland and Buna.

Bridge City and PN-G are noted this year for the softball girls being rated #1 respectively for each(3A & 4A) classifications; but it appears that these two HS boys teams are pretty potent if they can 10-rule rule teams with winning seasons.

Other BASEBALL scores: 4A
Ozen 13 Central 0
Vidor 6 Silsbee 2
LC-M 11 WO-S 1

Other BASEBALL scores: 3A
H-F 15 Hardin 11
Kountze 28 Anahuac 4
Orangefield 8 Hardin-Jefferson 5