PDA

View Full Version : Track Question?

Old Dog
04-24-2004, 01:32 PM
I enjoy track, but don't really understand the purpose of regional qualifing meets! Do they provide extra slots at Regionals, does it affect those that have already won advancement via district meet placement, who sanctions whom to have one, etc??????

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-24-2004, 01:45 PM
From what I understand they are to help prepare against good comp.

Vernon (Reg. I - District 5) didn't send a team.

crzyjournalist03
04-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
I enjoy track, but don't really understand the purpose of regional qualifing meets! Do they provide extra slots at Regionals, does it affect those that have already won advancement via district meet placement, who sanctions whom to have one, etc??????

As I understand it, the top two finishers in each district qualify for the regional meet. All of the third place finishers may go to the regional qualifying meet and the top two there also qualify for the regional meet...at least I think it works something like that.

ALLSPORTSGUY
04-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
As I understand it, the top two finishers in each district qualify for the regional meet. All of the third place finishers may go to the regional qualifying meet and the top two there also qualify for the regional meet...at least I think it works something like that.

All the regional qualifiers are is practice meets and nothing else. The third place finishers can compete in this meet because they are alternates. No matter how they finish they still do not get to compete at regionals unless one of the top two are unable to compete.

Old Tiger
04-26-2004, 06:20 PM
i've always wondered this too

kaorder1999
04-26-2004, 07:22 PM
the qualifier meets give them some practice before reguionals since the two are two weeks apart. Its not good for some athletes to take a week off.