PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs Newton: Baseball

pinecone
04-23-2004, 07:40 PM
It is 9-0 Jasper at the end of the 1st inning. Josey Parker hit a 3 run homer to start things for Jasper. Keaton Yates, #1 pitcher is on the mound for Jasper.

JasperDog94
04-23-2004, 07:48 PM
ouch...

pinecone
04-23-2004, 08:08 PM
It's getting ugly now. 18-0 in bottom of 3rd. We have a time-out because Newton's outfielder got hit in the head with a fly ball. They only have 10 players.

pinecone
04-23-2004, 08:27 PM
The 3rd inning is finally over. They say we must play 4 and a half innings. Why I don't know if both teams agree to end it. Anyway, I lost track of the score. It is about 25-0.

pinecone
04-23-2004, 08:42 PM
O.K. its over at 4 and half innings. Final Jasper 25, Newton 0:eek:

bevo
04-23-2004, 09:54 PM
pinecone...

I've been away for quite sometime, but what is the Bulldogs district record...along with their district slate too?

j_dog
04-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by bevo
pinecone...

I've been away for quite sometime, but what is the Bulldogs district record...along with their district slate too?
I am not Pinecone, but I can shed a bit of light on the Dogs record. So far, to the best of my knowledge, have lost two district games, both to Lufkin Hudson. Hudson lost one game to Woodville, so it looks like Jasper is on track to finish 2nd in district in baseball.

If I understand correctly, they lost 3 pre-district games, two of which were to then state ranked 4a LCM.

bevo
04-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
I am not Pinecone, but I can shed a bit of light on the Dogs record. So far, to the best of my knowledge, have lost two district games, both to Lufkin Hudson. Hudson lost one game to Woodville, so it looks like Jasper is on track to finish 2nd in district in baseball.

If I understand correctly, they lost 3 pre-district games, two of which were to then state ranked 4a LCM.

Thanks j_dog...It sounds as if the dogs are really strong this year. As far as Hudson...they've been a powerful 3a (baseball) team for as long as I can remember. Even back when I played against them...

fred grunden
04-24-2004, 08:59 PM
It's not hard to see from reading about this Jasper/Newton game that some of the teams in this district don't offer much competition. I hope this doesn't hurt either Jasper or Hudson in the playoffs. I like to see them have to play with intensity to win
in the distrtict games and go into the playoffs with confidence.
Good luck Bulldogs.

Old Cardinal
04-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Fred G. ---Who ended up in the third slot in 20-3A?

fred grunden
04-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Fred G. ---Who ended up in the third slot in 20-3A?
Old Card, I don't know for sure. Been working out of town and its not in the paper. In girls softball, Diboll won district and I think Hudson and Huntington will both be in the playoffs. It was the first ever distrcit title for Diboll and the first ever play-off position
for Huntington's girls.