PDA

View Full Version : Odessa Regional track meet

Ranger Mom
04-23-2004, 06:33 PM
I believe Greenwood has a few kids who qualified.

Can anyone tell me what time all this will start Friday?? Also, do they do field events first, then race?? Race then field events? Or....are they all done at the same time??

I am trying to arrange my schedule to be able to see at least some of it on Friday and then hopefully all day Satruday!!

Another thing....is it this coming week.....April 30th and May 1st??
I don't want to show up and be the only one there!!;) :p

barbosa
04-23-2004, 09:14 PM
The schedule for the Odessa meet will be something like this. Friday is all the field events and the 2 mile will be run in the mourning. The field events will get 3 jumps or throws in the prelims then the top eight will advance later that day to the finals.
The prelims for the running events will be held friday and and the finals for all running events will be saturday. I know for a fact that each event will be held at a specific time.
Their is more to it but i am not positive on what time everything starts.
The teams to look for are Sweetwater,Everman,Graham, Synder, and Wylie. It should be interesting.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Looking for District 8 Track Results. Anyone?

vernonlion05
04-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Can anyone tell me the results of district 1,2,7, and 8 as well?

vernonlion05
04-24-2004, 03:22 PM
All I really care about is the 800mRun and the mile relay.

THE BEAR
04-26-2004, 06:29 PM
I NEED THE RESULTS FOR DISTRICTS 1,2,7, & 8 ALSO FOR SOME COMPARISONS ALSO IF ANYONE HAVE THEM. They may not watch for them but Monahans should be good this year.

Wtx_coach
04-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Well I really dont think Monahans will contend for a regional title, they have tons of runners that placed well in every event in district, but I really dont see them placing high at regionals, but hey I wouldnt mind to see them win it all but its going to be hard with all the talent out in the field.

THE BEAR
04-26-2004, 07:10 PM
I don.t see them winning the Regional Title because they don,t have enough atheletes but they will contend with what they go in. I believe they will give the 100 and the 400 a good shot. Probably the 800 relay. The field events are a little lacking but on any given day the long jump could go either way. the girls and boy pole vault will contend also. It will be a good meet this year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Ranger Mom:

Will you be at this meet? If so maybe we can get all the downlowers that will be there together to say hello.

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I believe Greenwood has a few kids who qualified.

Can anyone tell me what time all this will start Friday?? Also, do they do field events first, then race?? Race then field events? Or....are they all done at the same time??

I am trying to arrange my schedule to be able to see at least some of it on Friday and then hopefully all day Satruday!!

Another thing....is it this coming week.....April 30th and May 1st??
I don't want to show up and be the only one there!!;) :p

Old Tiger
04-26-2004, 09:43 PM
My favorite events to watch is...Pole vault, sprint relay, and mile relay(when it's close)

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Sprint relay is my favorite to watch...but like you said Tiger when it is close. I bet we will get to see some close races in Odessa. I look forward to some exciting races.

Ranger Mom
04-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Ranger Mom:

Will you be at this meet? If so maybe we can get all the downlowers that will be there together to say hello.

I don't know if I will be able to make it Friday, I hope to go Saturday though....it will depend on if Greenwood is still in it at that point!!

Old Tiger
04-26-2004, 09:57 PM
I swear I think some of my post are being deleted.

Ranger Mom
04-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I swear I think some of my post are being deleted.

Why do you say that??

Old Tiger
04-26-2004, 10:01 PM
because earlier i was at 1198 if i saw right...then i went down to 1196...

lobo12
04-26-2004, 11:12 PM
the bear is right monahans has some talent, and they are a young team, they dont have one senior. at least i dont think so, am i right bear(Mr. C right)

JustAFan
04-27-2004, 01:10 PM
On the girls' side, I would say watch out for the schools from District 8 - Everman and Kennedale. Both schools have lots of talent.

Sportsman007
04-27-2004, 06:22 PM
yeah i would say watch out for kennedale's girls, there is going to be no competition at regionals. Jordan Durham cant be beat in the 400, and they have some fast relay times for a 3a school. I have my money on kennedale girls to take it to state and win this year. Only 5 points seperated them from winning it last year.

Old Tiger
04-27-2004, 06:25 PM
you never know....welcome to the board

VERNONLION#1
04-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Ranger Mom:

Will you be at this meet? If so maybe we can get all the downlowers that will be there together to say hello. Hey Z-Motion, Nice to see you back on. :)

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes sir Vernon Lion #1 I'm ready for school to be out...I need a break.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Ok 3A Downlow, I'll be heading to Odessa some 6 hours and 10 cups of coffee away before the sun rises tomorrow. Can't wait to see some speed out there. I hope to see Lobo12, Rangermom, and anyone else that makes it from the board. You can't miss me I'll be in a silver cap with a maroon V on it.

I'll be rooting for my Vernon Lions as well as the little Z! So pray with me for a fast start and a strong finish. Z Motion wants to road trip to Austin!

Also I'll be paying close attention to the Snyder - Graham matchups. Should be some great races.

Best of luck to both teams... but more luck wished upon Vernon:)

CatWoman
04-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by JustAFan
On the girls' side, I would say watch out for the schools from District 8 - Everman and Kennedale. Both schools have lots of talent.

Ballinger has 3 girls going, I believe they are all distance runners, we don't have any speed demons!! I've heard Canyon girl is the one to beat in the distance, but good luck to all.

vet93
04-30-2004, 08:59 AM
We actually have one speed demon...she qualified in the 200 and 400 and long jump. The other two are running in the 800 and 1600. The Willingham girl qualified in the 3200 as well but will concentrate on the 800 at regionals. I think the Buxkemper girl is runnig in the 1600 and the Stewart girl is running in the sprints.

Originally posted by CatWoman
Ballinger has 3 girls going, I believe they are all distance runners, we don't have any speed demons!! I've heard Canyon girl is the one to beat in the distance, but good luck to all.

Da Mules
05-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Won't have the finals till Sunday. Muleshoe's one-girl gang Jessica Withrow won the high jump and placed in long jump, along with Sara Benham placed in the high jump to put Muleshoe girls in 1st place as of Friday. I expect Jessica will place in 3 other events. She is going to make some college track team very proud.

Sportsman007
05-01-2004, 08:06 PM
I just got heard word that Kennedale girls won overall in Region I. My predications were right on target. Best of luck to all of the other teams that will move on to Austin. I'll be there enjoying some good races.

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Kennedale's girls were ever bit that fast. So was Breckenridge's sprint relay team. Those girls could fly. I rooted for the Ballinger girl in the 200 and 400. I think she was third. Our entire section yelled for her.

Graham's guys did some house cleaning. Sweep both 400 & 800 relays. Also placed 1st in the 110 hurdles and I think 2nd in the 200...heck they won so much I can't even remember it all. Great job representing district 5.

I haven't seen the final totals, but Graham was all over it all day. They had a huge fan base there also.

Lots of really good races. Man and I sunburned! Also met Bear from Monahans. Looked for Lobo12 and Ranger Mom but I couldn't find either of you.

Bear's son tore it up in the 100. Brought home the Gold! Congrats.

lobo12
05-02-2004, 12:20 AM
monahans's richard covington won the 100m dash and girls pole vaulter jenna fann won also. our 800 relay came in 3rd losing a very close race to snyder. watch out for the loboes next year because there was not one senior on the team

bubba_chuck_34
05-02-2004, 02:20 PM
How old is Richard Covington from Monahans. I remeber him 2 or three years ago. I have a close friend that used to live in Monahans and he said that he was supposed to have graduated last year. He can be 19 and still run but i am curious just how old this kid is. Is he a senior or not?
Hey mean machine from Synder, where were all the athletes from Synder, they didn't show up and got completely blown away in the relays, and that Boyd kid didn't impress very much. I thought you said ya'll had a shot at the title, well that wasn't the case. Good luck in Austin in the ONE relay that ya'll will take.

lobo12
05-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Richard is 16. who exactly told you this. like i said we had no seniors on our track team and were very close to beating the great snyder team. anyway watch out for the monahans track team

Mean_Machine
05-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by bubba_chuck_34
How old is Richard Covington from Monahans. I remeber him 2 or three years ago. I have a close friend that used to live in Monahans and he said that he was supposed to have graduated last year. He can be 19 and still run but i am curious just how old this kid is. Is he a senior or not?
Hey mean machine from Synder, where were all the athletes from Synder, they didn't show up and got completely blown away in the relays, and that Boyd kid didn't impress very much. I thought you said ya'll had a shot at the title, well that wasn't the case. Good luck in Austin in the ONE relay that ya'll will take. SO YOU GUYS BLEW PEOPLE AWAY???? WHEN? All the Relays as I remember it were VERY close.. in the 4X100 7 100s of a second separated 2nd from 5th place... and in the finals Snyders 4x200 meter team had a couple of problems but will get them fixed. you do remember them in lane 4 dont you.. they had the best time with a 1:28.7 they will run good at austin. you keep mouthing. nobody belittled any grahams kids prior to or after the meet. I guess you cant keep from it. I will remember it for two weeks from now and we will see who scores the most in austin. :D

BTW. The BOYD kid anchored the 4X200 meter relay and then had to run the 400 right after it. he got 3rd nothing to make fun of at all. Graham have a 4oo meter guy there?? didnt think so. You keep mouthing. I hear Graham is kinda like that. maybe it is the fact you cant get past 1 round of the football playoffs that inspires it. congrats anyway on the regional meet. Still one to go.

wildstangs
05-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Mean Machine...What was the actual final standings in team points. In the Abilene Reporter it said Sweetwater and Snyder tied, but later had Sweetwater with 46 and Snyder with 42.

lobo12
05-02-2004, 04:29 PM
before you talk about graham never getting past the first round of the playoffs think about snyder. this is the first year in along time that snyder has gotten past the first round and yeah it was agains us so go ahead and let me have it

wildstangs
05-02-2004, 04:30 PM
How long is Grahams streak now? 6 years?

bubba_chuck_34
05-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Mean Machine I remember yall mouthing before the regional meet that yall were going to beat us. And i was making sure that you know who won. You say we dont have any 400 runners we have 2 kids that can easily break 50 but since they were in the 4x200 they didn't want to run the 400 after it. The 4x200 wasn't even pushed in finals. Also prelims doesnt matter. Grahams last leg could out run anybody at the meet. Yall are lucky Sweetwater dropped the stick or yall wouldnt even be in Austin. And we will see at Austin. As to scoring the most in Austin yall are only sending a discus thrower who might get a point are two and yalls relay team. Graham is sending 110 hurdler and Pole vaulter and 4x1 and 4x2 and 200 runner. You going to be at the State Meet?

Lobo does Covington have a brother or something? B/C he has been competeing the last 2 or 3 years at the regional meet.

lobo12
05-02-2004, 06:02 PM
no he does not have a brother, he has been there since he was a freshman and this year he is a junior

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Let me jump in on this one. (Sorry so long but I have a lot to say)

Mean Machine you did talk about how good Snyder was going to do and how they were going to win the Region. Hey but you had every right to think so because they did so well in district. I would have thought so too. They had guys in almost every event.

Now, I knew better because I saw how fast Graham's relay teams were in district (Vernon is in District 5 with Graham) and I know they had nobody even close in district. So I knew that when they got in with some competition they would kick it up a notch.

Graham has some very fast guys, but what makes them so much faster than the other teams is their handoffs. So smooth and so fast. They did have trouble in the 4x100 and almost didn't qualify because of a bad handoff on the 3rd exchange. In fact, they should have been disqualified because the guy on the last leg ran out of his lane (and Bubba if your reading this I was watching him when he did) nevertheless, they didn't miss a beat in the final and took Gold.

There were a lot of races that were good. Also know that Bubba does like to talk a lot of smack too. But can you blame the guy? Graham wins district in football, basketball, baseball and track. They also go to the elite 8 in basketball, should win state in team points in track, and will have a good run in baseball. Now football is another story. The ol' 1 and done theme. That is all that Iowa Park and Vernon can hold onto.

Atlanta will give Graham a run for the money, but other than them I think Graham wins it all at state.

Also I will be pulling for them to win since we are in the same district, but I have to say I have been mighty impressed with their athletic programs. Makes for great rivalries.

This may be early, but next year things will change around here, I predict that both Iowa Park and Vernon beat Graham in football, but we will have to wait and see.

Mean_Machine
05-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Mean Machine I remember yall mouthing before the regional meet that yall were going to beat us. And i was making sure that you know who won. You say we dont have any 400 runners we have 2 kids that can easily break 50 but since they were in the 4x200 they didn't want to run the 400 after it. The 4x200 wasn't even pushed in finals. Also prelims doesnt matter. Grahams last leg could out run anybody at the meet. Yall are lucky Sweetwater dropped the stick or yall wouldnt even be in Austin. And we will see at Austin. As to scoring the most in Austin yall are only sending a discus thrower who might get a point are two and yalls relay team. Graham is sending 110 hurdler and Pole vaulter and 4x1 and 4x2 and 200 runner. You going to be at the State Meet?

Lobo does Covington have a brother or something? B/C he has been competeing the last 2 or 3 years at the regional meet. No you just put down Boyd. he qualified in 4 events. and he did have the Guts to run the 400 right after the 4X200... BTW You may not be impressed with Boyd but Baylor is. That Might show what you realy know about track talent. Lets see if Graham wins the 4X200 at state. or if Snyder beats them there. Snyder does have the second best Discus throw in the state right now so that should be good. I can say I was impressed with the Graham team. I wont put any of them down un like some.;)

bubba_chuck_34
05-02-2004, 08:53 PM
First of all i didn't put Boyd down I just said he didn't impress me. And thats great that Baylor is looking at him. But the last two legs of Grahams 4x200 would beat him in the 400. I didn't put anybody down from Snyder. Also the discus thrower doesn't have the second best throw in the state. Maybe top 4. But all it takes is one. Trust me Graham will run a 1:28.5 or below there last leg has never had to come from behind or been pushed. MEAN MACHNE ARE YOU GOING TO THE STATE MEET.

Mean_Machine
05-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Let me jump in on this one. (Sorry so long but I have a lot to say)

Mean Machine you did talk about how good Snyder was going to do and how they were going to win the Region. Hey but you had every right to think so because they did so well in district. I would have thought so too. They had guys in almost every event.

Now, I knew better because I saw how fast Graham's relay teams were in district (Vernon is in District 5 with Graham) and I know they had nobody even close in district. So I knew that when they got in with some competition they would kick it up a notch.

Graham has some very fast guys, but what makes them so much faster than the other teams is their handoffs. So smooth and so fast. They did have trouble in the 4x100 and almost didn't qualify because of a bad handoff on the 3rd exchange. In fact, they should have been disqualified because the guy on the last leg ran out of his lane (and Bubba if your reading this I was watching him when he did) nevertheless, they didn't miss a beat in the final and took Gold.

There were a lot of races that were good. Also know that Bubba does like to talk a lot of smack too. But can you blame the guy? Graham wins district in football, basketball, baseball and track. They also go to the elite 8 in basketball, should win state in team points in track, and will have a good run in baseball. Now football is another story. The ol' 1 and done theme. That is all that Iowa Park and Vernon can hold onto.

Atlanta will give Graham a run for the money, but other than them I think Graham wins it all at state.

Also I will be pulling for them to win since we are in the same district, but I have to say I have been mighty impressed with their athletic programs. Makes for great rivalries.

This may be early, but next year things will change around here, I predict that both Iowa Park and Vernon beat Graham in football, but we will have to wait and see. Go back and Read what I said.... I said Snyder was going to be a contender for the Regional Championship. I believed they would. BTW we all know Graham was out of the exchange zone and out of the lane in the prelims on the 3rd exchange ( everyone saw it) so the fact they were even in the finals was a gift. If snyder had not shanked points in the 110s and the 300s ( both had problems and should have placed high) and if the 4X100 had better handoffs they could have done it.. but If you want to look at districts and how tough they are look at district 3. two of the top 4 teams at Regionals were from 3. in football all three teams that made the playoffs went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs (only district for that to happen last year). when you look at it all district 3 is way tougher all around than 5.

Also anyone can show me where either of the Graham kids ever ran a 49.2 in the 400 in a meet I will believe you about beating boyd, but untill you can, your just mouthing.

Mean_Machine
05-02-2004, 09:24 PM
First of all i didn't put Boyd down I just said he didn't impress me. And thats great that Baylor is looking at him. But the last two legs of Grahams 4x200 would beat him in the 400. I didn't put anybody down from Snyder. Also the discus thrower doesn't have the second best throw in the state. Maybe top 4. But all it takes is one. Trust me Graham will run a 1:28.5 or below there last leg has never had to come from behind or been pushed. MEAN MACHNE ARE YOU GOING TO THE STATE MEET. I dont believe anyone els has thrown over 165 other than the guy from clyde. so he is just about sitting 2nd. he threw 157-7 in a 15 mph tail wind at regionals.

lobo12
05-02-2004, 10:10 PM
mean machine i have to agree with you in that graham was out of the exchange zone. also from what i saw and several coaches sitting around me saw in the finals wells jumped the gun. did u notice that or was i seeing things?

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Mean Machine:

Not taking anything away from district 3. But since you brought it up...

Football - District 5
Vernon - State Semi Finalist and beat Sweetwater in the third round. Also beat Kennedale which beat Merkel.

Iowa Park - Bi District Champs and lost to Kennedale who also beat Merkel. Iowa Park was beat by Vernon in overtime.

Graham lost in double over time to Wylie that ended up making the semi finals. Graham actually beat them earlier in the year. Both of those teams were so closely matched. But had Graham drawn a District 3 team I think they would have beaten any of them. Wylie beat Snyder 18-6 and it took them 2 OT's to beat Graham.

Childress goes 7-3 and doesn't even make the playoffs in our district.

District 5 team wins the region in football. (Vernon)

Basketball - District 5
Graham makes it to the Regional Tourney and goes out in the Elite 8 to Greenwood. Graham beats Canyon who beat Merkel.

Vernon Goes out to Graham by 1 on a buzzer beater in the Regional quarterfinals.

Iowa Park goes out in the regional quaterfinals to Wylie.

A team from district 5 goes farther than a team from district 3. Regional runner up. (Graham)

Track
Graham wins Region I with no one even close in points.

District 5 team win the region. (Graham)

Baseball
Graham, Iowa Park and Vernon will all be in the playoffs all with very solid teams.

So I wouldn't say that District 3 is a tougher district than 5. Lets just say that they are both tough districts that like to compete and leave it at that.