PDA

View Full Version : Please Post 4/23 Baseball & Softball Scores Here

pirate4state
04-23-2004, 11:09 AM
I guess Phil is busy, so I'll ask everyone to please post your district scores here. If you have who the district champ, runner-up & 3rd place teams are in your district please also post those.

Attn: Sinton fans the softball game in Ingleside is at 6P.

Phil C
04-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Thank you Pirate. Also Ingleside is supposed to have a makeup game tomorrow morning with West Oso. Hopefully they will be able to have it before the expected rains hit which are forecasted for tomorrow.

middleagecardinal
04-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Softball (sorry about that)

Bridge City - 1st

Hamshire-Fannett - 2nd

Orangefield - 3rd

pirate4state
04-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by middleagecardinal
Bridge City - 1st

Hamshire-Fannett - 2nd

Orangefield - 3rd Thanks! Is this softball or baseball or both? :D

middleagecardinal
04-23-2004, 02:26 PM
ttt

PhiI C
04-23-2004, 11:21 PM
In baseball tonight the Sinton Pirates defeated Ingleside 13 to 10. Sinton will get no worse than a tie for district.

In softball Sinton defeated Ingleside 9 to 4.

44INAROW
04-23-2004, 11:39 PM
Cuero beat Luling 10-8.. both pitchers hit Home Runs

pirate4state
04-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Mathis beat Taft. Ingleside must play West Oso (weather permitting) tomorrow morning. If they win, like they should, this will force a playoff game between Mathis & Ingleside for the 3rd place seed.

Old Green
04-24-2004, 08:44 AM
District 27 3A

Baseball

Hallettsville 2 - Yoakum 1
Cuero 10 - Luling 8
Gonzales 4 - Goliad 3

Softball

Yoakum 5 - Hallettsville 4
Goliad 6 - Gonzales 4
Luling 4 - Cuero 1

PhiI C
04-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Last night it was Hebbronville 3 Orange Grove 2 in softball.

Dugoutcoach
04-24-2004, 10:52 AM
d-28 softball:

Needville defeats Rice, (3-1)
Wharton run rules Sweeny 10-0

Discussions were underway last night concerning a playoff for district championship, Wharton and Needville are tied.

Comment on Sportsmanship: Wharton it seems has been tagged with a reputation of being "tough and routy" when it comes to sports competitions. Our players ARE agressive and confident and our fan base is very supportive (and one might say that we do have one coach that can be "overly zealous" at times.) But after witnessing the actions of the "Sweeny contingent" along with the actions of the "Needville contingent" who were present at the game last night, I can attest that Wharton has a long, long way to go to live up to their (unearned) reputation. The "true" character of many of the Sweeny and Needville fans and players came out last night and this type of behavior has no place in high school sports nor in our society in general. I even look for one of these schools to be seeking a new coach (he currently has a career "milestone winning record") after a specific incident that was witnessed by many of us last night. Please be competitive, confident and agressive but please do not display the type of behavior that is contrary to what high school sports should be teaching our youth.

PhiI C
04-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey Pirate if you find out first let us know when the Mathis - Ingleside playoff game will be in softball (I am assuming Ingleside will beat West Oso). I might go to it if it is close to Sinton. They wanted to use our stadium but I think we had to say no because we need it for practice.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-24-2004, 11:49 AM
District 5 Baseball

Vernon 1 - Iowa Park 0

Game called in the bottom of the 5th due to rain, so Vernon gets the win.

The Lions are still in the playoff hunt, but must beat Childress next.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Does anyone know about Bowie and or Graham Baseball results?

TakeMeHigher
04-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey Dugoutcoach, can you expand a little bit about what the coach did? I have seen this man get a little crazy before, especially when his play-offs are on the line.

PhiI C
04-24-2004, 09:44 PM
I don't know anything about Needville and Sweeney even though I have never heard anything bad about them before. I do know that last year when we played Wharton in the playoffs last year that the Wharton players, coaches and fans displayed good sportsmanship. The only disappointment regarding something like that was when we played Devine and the Sinton girls took a picture of me and one of my Hispanic friends overheard a lady from Devine making a comment like "We are going to have tacos tonight." This in reference to the Hispanic girls on our team. What was ironic was that their star pitcher who was good was Hispanic. Anyway we won the game. Of course most of the folks from Devine were decent and good sports so that was just the reaction of just one thoughtless person. Even though we won the game when I was told of that comment I sure didn't feel good about it.

PhiI C
04-24-2004, 10:32 PM
In softball in the makeup game Ingleside defeated West Oso. I don't remember the final score but it was on the tv news.

PhiI C
04-24-2004, 10:33 PM
In District 30 AAA since Ingleside beat West Oso I believe there will be a playoff game between Ingleside and Mathis. However I don't know how Aransas Pass and Mathis did last night. We will see later.

pirate4state
04-25-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
In District 30 AAA since Ingleside beat West Oso I believe there will be a playoff game between Ingleside and Mathis. However I don't know how Aransas Pass and Mathis did last night. We will see later. Hey Phil, AP & Mathis both won their games last night. So on Monday Mathis & Ingleside will play for the 3rd place spot. It can't be in Sinton b/c of the annual academic/athletic banquet. Too bad. I think Wharton & Needville will also play Monday for 1st & 2nd seeds, I'd rather watch that game. :p :thinking:

Old Tiger
04-25-2004, 12:38 AM
Rockdale 9
Marlin 2

RiverRatDad
04-25-2004, 07:44 AM
TakeMeHigher - I was at the game and what DugoutCoach was referring to were the actions of a Sweeny fan against their own coach. Both folks were restrained and it was a sad way to end the regular district. I didn't see what started the argument, but I will say this....I have watched that coach for many years and have nothing but the utmost respect for him and his program. Sweeny is one of our toughest competitors and largest rivals, and we always play each other tough and hard every year. However, the Sweeny Coach (18H) and the Wharton Coach work hard to make sure that the games are hard fought but played cleanly. Last year when Wharton went to State they received a good luck card from their district rivals, signed by the Coach and players of the Sweeny softball team. Now that is a class move by a class coach with a class program. I think this year 18H has done a great job getting his team back in the playoffs in a rebuilding year, and I wish him and the Sweeny Lady Bulldogs the best of luck in the playoffs.

BTW Pirate4State, Wharton is having their banquet Monday also. I don't know when or where the playoff will be.

18handicap
04-25-2004, 08:10 AM
Hello??

RiverRatDad
04-25-2004, 08:41 AM
What an edit job, 18!

Dugoutcoach
04-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the reply RRD, 18 was obviously defending, am I am sure once again!, his successful program from "crazed", over zealous parents - the kind that sometime make you pick up your hat and move on down the road! Best of luck to all of our 3a schools in the playoffs!

PhiI C
04-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Thank you Pirate! I expected Aransas Pass and Mathis to win their game meaning a playoff game Monday between Mathis and Ingleside as you said. If you hear about where and what time the game is to be Monday let me know. Maybe they will play it in Taft or Odem. Also the rain may have stopped. It rained hard last night and earlier but now the sun is shining.

RBARKER
04-26-2004, 07:57 AM
SoftBall Final standings
1.) Splendora
2.) Barbers Hill
3.) Huffman

BH will play Orangefield in the bi-district round.

District 22-AAA Baseball Standings
Team District Record Season Record Dist. Runs Scored Dist. Runs Allowed

Barbers Hill 9-3 18-4 126 58
Huffman 9-3 17-5 88 39
Liberty 9-3 11-7 78 43
Splendora 7-5 12-7 70 73
Cleveland 6-6 9-12 58 63
Coldspring 5-7 9-11-1 61 88
Shepherd 2-10 4-13 39 89
Tarkington 1-11 4-15 25 89

Friday's Results: Barbers Hill 14 Coldspring 3; Shepherd @ Cleveland; Huffman 6 Splendora 4; Tarkington @ Liberty

Tuesday's Games: Barbers Hill @ Shepherd; Splendora @ Cleveland; Liberty @ Huffman; Coldspring @ Tarkington;

Friday's Games: Tarkington @ Barbers Hill; Cleveland @ Liberty; Huffman @ Coldspring; Shepherd @ Splendora (End of District Play)