PDA

View Full Version : tough schedules in 04?

Chris Hart
04-22-2004, 10:32 PM
I wasn't around the DownLow during the time that 04's schedules were released, so this has probably been hashed over several times since then, but what teams have the toughest schedules in 3A this year?

WOS92
04-22-2004, 10:42 PM
It's probably not THE toughest, but WO-S plays three 4A playoff teams from last year - including a state finalist. Those games are Bay City, Nederland and Beaumont Central. They also play Jasper and Newton.

Greenwoodbro
04-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Midalnd Greenwood has a tough one, Abilene Wylie.Sweetwater,Snyder and then Andrews. These teams r the pride of west Texas.

Adidas410s
04-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Abilene Wylie plays:

@ Lakeview, Greenwood, Aledo, @ Vernon, Graham, and @ Decatur...

and then district goes Sweetwater, @ Merkel, open, Snyder, and @ Clyde...

SintonFan
04-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Ingleside and Taft(not 3A) has an easier time...:clap:

Ray_BearKat
04-23-2004, 01:59 AM
Port Isabel is playing 5A Los Fresnos as there season opener...should be a hell of a game.

Ray_BearKat
04-23-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Ingleside and Taft(not 3A) has an easier time...:clap:

I wish Sinton would or rescheduled Raymondville this year...we beat yall in a nailbiter last year, with a last second field goal.

Old Green
04-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Cuero's schedule for next year

West Oso
LaGrange
Wharton
Sealy
Sinton

Matthew328
04-23-2004, 07:33 AM
I'd be willing to bet Atlanta has again one of the most brutal schedules of anyone this year...it sure helped em last year

Phil C
04-23-2004, 08:41 AM
I agree Ray. The games between Raymondville and Sinton were good games. I wish we had scheduled you instead of 4A Gregory-Portland. We have had costly injuries the past two years playing them.

Phil C
04-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Of course Sinton has the toughest schedule overall.
In non district consider our opponents:

Taft - they are in 2A now but they always play Sinton tough. Some problems never go away!

Gregory-Portland - a 4A powerhouse. This game has hurt us in costly injuries in the past two years.

West Oso - Not in our district anymore but they have been in playoffs consistently and are always tough.

Beeville - Another 4A powerhouse that usually makes the playoffs. Not only that they hired Coach Sosa of Mathis to be their new head coach. Who scheduled these guys?

Cuero - A 3A powerhouse that we have to play again. They whipped us bad last year and this year we have to play in Cuero. That increases the risk.

Orange Grove - another 3A powerhouse that gets into the playoffs! What a murderous non-district schedule.

Then the district:

Aransas Pass - they just barely missed the playoffs last year. Trouble coming.

Ingleside - a fast growing school with an outstanding new head coach. More problems!

Mathis - always a playoff contender and real trouble.

Goliad - new to the district but they have given Sinton trouble in the past. A headache returns.

Playoffs -

It doesn't matter who we play in the playoffs but they are great teams plus Sinton is in Division 1 with a small enrollment compared to most teams. Heck there are always teams in Division 2 with must higher enrollments. Remember Sinton will probably have the smallest enrollment in that division. That makes the playoff schedule extra brutal. I just hope we can survie the tough regular season (especially the G-P game) without too many injuries.
Overall it must be concluded that Sinton has the toughest schedule in 3A next year.

pirate4state
04-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Phil, quit talking about injuries -- you're gonna jinx us! ;)

Cat22
04-23-2004, 10:13 AM
This is not the toughest schedule in 3A, but Orangefield is playing three 4A schools in Lumberton, LCM, and Gelena Park. This should get them prepared for district.

Phil C
04-23-2004, 11:25 AM
But overall Sinton has the toughest schedule including non-district and district and playoff games. Plus scrimages are rough too.

Phil C
04-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Oh and tell Gene and Connie hello for me. :)

Cat22
04-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Oh and tell Gene and Connie hello for me. :)
Phil I need to reword my earlier post. What I meant to say was that Orangefield's schedule was not the toughest in 3A, but that they are playing three 4A teams. It was not a knock on Sinton's schedule, because that is a very tough schedule that Sinton has.
Oh by the way, I'll tell Gene and Connie you said hi.

Phil C
04-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Thank you Cat. I didn't really take it that way. You need to talk to Gene a little more about me because he will let you know that a lot of what I say is to be taken tongue in check. ;)

Phil C
04-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Cat I will admit playing three 4A playoff teams in non-district is tough. We are playing two and I wish we could drop one - and I am sure eveyrone knows who I mean. :)

Cat22
04-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Well to be honest two of the three 4A schools we are playing have never really been successful, but just because they have numbers and OF doesn't they will be tough games for us. Should be fun though, I can't wait.

LH Panther Mom
04-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I wasn't around the DownLow during the time that 04's schedules were released, so this has probably been hashed over several times since then, but what teams have the toughest schedules in 3A this year?

We play ya'll. :D

Chris Hart
04-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Hello LH Panther Mom! Yes, I'm glad ya'll are still on the schedule. Our rivalry with ya'll has really got to be intense in the past few years. I expect this year's game to be alot more competitive. We only return 2 & 2 starters this year(2 OL and 2 DL), we have some talent coming up, but they are inexperienced at the varsity level, and our schedule is murderous. I know we scrimmage 5A Westlake, and have a pre-district game against 5A San Marcos who beat Westlake last year. them teams are capable of destroying a team'sconfidence very quickly. I think we should be competitive in district, if we can come out of pre-district relatively injury free and hopefully the boys confidence level will not be shattered. I look for big things from the Panthers again this year, I'll be pulling for ya'll except in week 3 of course. Good luck!:)

NewStang
04-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Beeville - Another 4A powerhouse that usually makes the playoffs.

Beeville has made the playoffs six times since 1932 and only twice since 1985.

jason
04-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by NewStang
Beeville has made the playoffs six times since 1932 and only twice since 1985. i think that defines a powerhouse...hehe :D

NewStang
04-29-2004, 12:32 PM
I'd still put WO-S's pre-district schedule up there against anyone:
Jasper - 3A powerhouse
Bay City - 4A powerhouse (State Finalist in 03, State finalist in 01, State Champ in 00)
Nederland - 4A team with 8 straight playoff appearances
Beaumont Central - 4A team recently dropped from 5A, two straight playoff appearances
Newton - Former 3A power set to dominate 2A

PhiI C
04-29-2004, 12:49 PM
But WOS has highest enrollment than most 3A schools which makes playing other larger schools much easier than say Sinton who just barely has over 600 students.

SintonFan
04-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by NewStang
Beeville has made the playoffs six times since 1932 and only twice since 1985.
LOL
Phil, he got ya on that one.:D

NewStang
04-29-2004, 01:19 PM
But WOS has highest enrollment than most 3A schools which makes playing other larger schools much easier than say Sinton who just barely has over 600 students.

That's true, no doubt. Trust me... WO-S has been fighting the numbers in 4A for five or six years. We know how difficult it is to play schools with almost twice our enrollment. Heck, our district had Beaumont Ozen, PN-G and Nederland - three of the bigger 4A schools. I think finishing the last two years 8-2 (especially w/ Bay City on the schedule) was pretty respectable for us, and our run in 2000 was a downright miracle :)