PDA

View Full Version : Ya'lls 3a top 20 for this years season!!

Greenwoodbro
04-22-2004, 02:02 PM
i wanna see eveybodys output on this one, then i can come to the conclusion on where my opinion is. I wanna see what teams will make after the regular season in everybodys eyes. West Texas is going to have some football teams this year watch out!!!

RBARKER
04-22-2004, 04:48 PM
I don't know about a top 20 but here is my top 5

1.)Gainesville
2.) West Orange Stark
3.)Bellville
4.)Jasper
5.) Atlanta

bd62
04-22-2004, 05:19 PM
i am more familiar with region-4. cuero,sinton,yoakum,and liberty hill were all very young teams last year and all did well. port i. and wharton are still loaded. west columbia from 4a to 3a will be tough. some of these will make top 20.

wildstangs
04-22-2004, 05:48 PM
In Region 1 I like the usual suspects...Sweetwater, Greenwood, Wylie, Decatur, Gainesville and Vernon. Monahans and Snyder should field pretty good teams as well. Watch out for Merkel also, they have an outstanding player coming back at QB. Is it August yet?!?!

Old Green
04-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER

1.)Gainesville
2.) West Orange Stark
3.)Bellville
4.)Jasper
5.) Atlanta

Was Atlanta a mostly senior dominated team?

WOS92
04-22-2004, 06:01 PM
I don't know enough of the top 3A to fill out a top 20, but I'm very familiar with a few of the 4A teams who dropped. I'm obviously biased, but I'd put WO-S in the top two or three. West Columbia might fall somewhere in the teens. We played them last year and won 42-10. Silsbee also dropped but won't be ranked, as they were 0-10, falling 41-6 to WO-S. I'd put Jasper in the Top 10 out of respect.

sahen
04-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
I don't know enough of the top 3A to fill out a top 20, but I'm very familiar with a few of the 4A teams who dropped. I'm obviously biased, but I'd put WO-S in the top two or three. West Columbia might fall somewhere in the teens. We played them last year and won 42-10. Silsbee also dropped but won't be ranked, as they were 0-10, falling 41-6 to WO-S. I'd put Jasper in the Top 10 out of respect.

so.....a team u beat 42-10 gets to be in the teens but a team u beat 41-6 dont?...lol i c why Silsbee shouldnt be ranked (0-10 and plus they got beat by atleast 1 3a team taht i know of and i dont know if they had any more on their schedule) but why dont u explain why the team u poped by 32 points should be ranked and not be in the same position as the team u beat by 35...

KL3
04-22-2004, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't put Bellville up there that high. They will be pretty talented, but that talent will be pretty young. I expect them to make the playoffs even though District 23 could very well be the toughest district in the state, but they are probably a year away from being in the top 10 again.

Of course, if guys like Jobbo Bryant, Emmanuel Sanders, and Kortland Benjamin continue to improve like they have every year, they could carry this team on their shoulders and surprise some people.

WOS92
04-22-2004, 06:13 PM
West Columbia has been an up-and-down team, while Silsbee is comfortable with the down :)

sahen
04-22-2004, 06:15 PM
West Columbia has been an up-and-down team, while Silsbee is comfortable with the down :)
so normally a playoff contender just not last year?

WOS92
04-22-2004, 06:18 PM
I think W.C. made it in 02 and 00, if I'm not mistaken. We beat them just as badly in 02, but they picked up steam...

sahen
04-22-2004, 06:29 PM
alright ic

Old Green
04-22-2004, 06:52 PM

You are right WOS92 about West Columbia being a up and down team. Here is their record going back to 1998.

2003 1-9
2002 7-5
2001 5-5
2000 8-3
1999 6-4
1998 1-8

They just might be going to have a up year.

sahen
04-22-2004, 08:47 PM
makes me wonder what happened to the 10th game in 1998...

VERNONLION#1
04-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Old Green

Yes I believe that is is right.

ej2525
04-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Speaking of Silsbee, has anyone seen any posts from a Silsbee backer yet on this board? I haven't!

Gasilla
04-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by sahen
so.....a team u beat 42-10 gets to be in the teens but a team u beat 41-6 dont?...lol i c why Silsbee shouldnt be ranked (0-10 and plus they got beat by atleast 1 3a team taht i know of and i dont know if they had any more on their schedule) but why dont u explain why the team u poped by 32 points should be ranked and not be in the same position as the team u beat by 35...

Silsbee was our last game of the season, WC was our first.

lobo12
04-22-2004, 10:01 PM
monahans should have a good team next year. they are only losing 3 players on offense that averaged over 250 yds a game and about 31 pts in district. defense should have some holes to fill but should have some good players step up.(we really need a replacement for a GREAT free safety that left, lol jk thats what i played.)

Greenwoodbro
04-22-2004, 10:51 PM
My favorites for Region 1 are Greenwood, Sweetwater,Wylie,Vernon and Snyder. These teams will be the team to watch in region 1 forsure, Monohans will be decent but cant contend with these teams posted.

wildstangs
04-22-2004, 10:53 PM
I would watch your words about Monahans. They are the defending champs of your district and upset Snyder the year before. Cant ever count out those guys.

Greenwoodbro
04-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Monohans luck only last for so long.

Sans Couth
04-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Greenwoodbro
My favorites for Region 1 are Greenwood, Sweetwater,Wylie,Vernon and Snyder. These teams will be the team to watch in region 1 forsure, Monohans will be decent but cant contend with these teams posted.

Isn't Gainesville in Region 1 now?

SintonFan
04-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
Isn't Gainesville in Region 1 now?
Isn't going through region 1 like going through region 4?:D
Did Wharton go to region 3? If not...
My early early picks for region 4(regardless of big or small) are:

1. Cuero
2. Wharton(if they're senior laden)
3. Tossup between Sinton, Yoakum and Port Isabel

What do I know... I'm just a fan.:D

Ray_BearKat
04-23-2004, 02:04 AM
three of those schools you named are D1...only PI and Yoakum are D2 so you have two D1 reps too many.

Technically PI could be D1 but the chances are very slim.

Old Green
04-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Cuero could go either D1 or DII. Second largest enrollment in the District.

Old No. 7
04-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by ej2525
Speaking of Silsbee, has anyone seen any posts from a Silsbee backer yet on this board? I haven't!

I haven't. I work with several Silsbee fans and I've been telling them about this board. So, maybe before the season starts we'll have a few on board.

sinton66
04-23-2004, 07:03 AM
Sinton should return a bunch from last year's regional finalist. They should be at least that strong again. Besides the returners, several should move up from last year's Freshman team that has been very successful for the last three years. Could get very interesting for my Pirates. I can't wait.:D

I suppose if you're expected to make the final eight, that would put you in the top twenty.

Matthew328
04-23-2004, 07:30 AM
My probable Top 5...(subject to change)

1. Gainesville
2. West Orange-Stark
3. Atlanta
4. Marlin
5. Sinton

Overall realignment really hurt the class' depth overall....last year there were about 35 really good teams...there were about 7 or so that were a notch above the rest..but this year there really aren't many 3A teams that just knock my socks off and make me say "wow they are gonna be salty"

But when you lose teams to realignment like Burnet, Forney, Everman, Celina and Newton namely it does make a difference...you lose Burnet 2 time finalist, Forney who has lost barn burners 4 years in a row to the eventual state champ, Everman back to back state champ...Newton a traditional power and Celina who was making a name for themselves in 3A it makes you say wow...

Bellville22
04-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER

1.)Gainesville
2.) West Orange Stark
3.)Bellville
4.)Jasper
5.) Atlanta

Appreciate the love for Bellville, but I'm afraid next year's team won't be near as strong as the team from the past two years. I look for Navasota and Rice Consol. to battle it out for the D23 crown. I'm takin' Navasota right now. Rice will return Huffman, who should be one of the top 5 3A RBs in the state. Bellville and Sealy will battle for the final playoff spot. I'll take Bellville. Football is a long way off, I don't wanna talk about it too much right now.

spiveyrat
04-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Not near enough talk about Jasper in this thread! I don't think we graduated too many last year. Anyone know how many?

pirate4state
04-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Not near enough talk about Jasper in this thread! I don't think we graduated too many last year. Anyone know how many? I hear you spiveyrat, Sinton will have a lot of key starters returning and some up & coming underclassmen. I'm real excited about this season, but like Bellville22 don't want to get started to early! ;)

lobo12
04-23-2004, 12:15 PM
greenwoodbro, why do you think monahans cant contend. last year we werent even supposed to come close to yall. and one more thing, why do you say that all we have is luck?

j_dog
04-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Not near enough talk about Jasper in this thread! I don't think we graduated too many last year. Anyone know how many?
I don't think it was over 4 or 5 starters who graduated. It was the underclassmen who mainly had the speed. Look at how they just dominated the district in track last week with underclassmen. One key player who graduated, but did not figure in the close game Jasper played against Burnet was the injured RB Cook.

It is okay though. I have no problem with people overlooking Jasper. Most people, including many from Jasper, wrote them off last year and all they did was go back to the semi's and give Burnet the toughest game that they had had all year to that time. I think Jasper will be in the mix come playoff time! :)

bd62
04-23-2004, 05:30 PM
wharton has a good change of d2 because west columbia is biggest school. cuero could go d1. gonzales is bigger but they lost a lot. edna is now in dist. and have most of there player back.hallettsville still is potent. yoakum and cuero have just about everyone back.

JasperDog94
04-23-2004, 05:51 PM
A lot of Jasper's success will depend on the soph. QB. They will probably put Patton in the backfield and let him be a running back. That's where he really wants to play anyway. I'm not really sure about the defense.

Jasper graduated almost everybody in 2002 and still made it as far in 2003. (although the games were a lot closer) Time will tell.

Ranger Mom
04-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
greenwoodbro, why do you think monahans cant contend. last year we werent even supposed to come close to yall. and one more thing, why do you say that all we have is luck?

I am one Ranger fan that is definately not going to say Monahans can't be a contender.

After talking to Lobo12, I know what they have coming back! I would love to see the Rangers make it all the way to state again, but I am not going to underestimate ANYONE on the way!!

j_dog
04-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
A lot of Jasper's success will depend on the soph. QB. They will probably put Patton in the backfield and let him be a running back. That's where he really wants to play anyway. I'm not really sure about the defense.
This situation reminds me of a few years back when QB Hunt was moved to RB and Soph Ben Bronson was moved to QB. That turned out to be a genius move. From what I hear, the current soph QB may be even better than Bronson was. And if that is true, that is really saying something. (I imagine some of our WOS friends may remember Ben Bronson. );)

Greenwoodbro
04-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Ranger, no your not supposed to underatimate any body, but u know that the monohans game was a fluke if u knew the players. I think some west Texas teams should get some regonition in some of ya'lls poll.

Chris Hart
04-24-2004, 12:51 AM
My top 5 as of now.

1)Gainesville- They have a few holes to fill, but they return alot of talent, and the best 3A back in the state in Terrius Purvey.

2)Jasper-This team may get the prize this year. They return an experienced team that is loaded with talent. The sophomore QB, with Jordan Patton at RB, if they have another good RB they will probably have the best backfield in the state.

3)WOS- Don't know much about the strengths/weaknesses of this team, but I know they have been a 4A power for years. You don't want to meet these guys in the post-season.

4)Atlanta- They're the defending Div II Champs. This team is always loaded with talent and speed, speed, and more speed. They should do a good job of defending the Div II Championship. Can anyone say Jasper/Atlanta in the Div II title game this year?(very possible)

5)Sinton/Abilene Wylie- Sinton returns an experienced team that knows how to peek in the post-season. I expect this team to once again challenge for the Reg IV crown and possibly more. West texas has quite a few teams that I feel are in the 6-25 mix, but I expect with the experience Abilene Wylie returns, that they will once again be the class of west Texas. Could this be the year that west Texas wins the ring?

There are so many good teams that could challenge these 5 on any given Friday, but I don't think you can go wrong with experienced post-season teams. It should be another great year for 3A ball.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
04-24-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Old Green

Yes the Rabbs did have a lot of seniors on last years team. But they will get things fixed they do every year.

j_dog
04-24-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
My top 5 as of now.

2)Jasper-.., if they have another good RB they will probably have the best backfield in the state.

Remember Gilder who had over 100 yards in the first half against Burnet? They may not use him at running back, but he will be back. :) Thank you for the vote of confidence for the J Dogs!

Green Ranger
04-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Monahans was no fluke, who had more points, it is as simple as that. They had a good team and I am sure have a good team coming back. With a new district and a really tough pre-district schedule I have no clue where Greenwood will end up. I will say two things about Greenwood. First one being that we dont know how to give up and will fight with all we can till the final buzzer! As far as were the team stands right now in Spring ball, ask any of the coaches and they will tell you we have alot of work to do. Only time will tell.

Keith7
04-24-2004, 01:35 PM
1. Gainesville
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Jasper
4. Atlanta
5. Rice Con.
32. WOS

WOS92
04-24-2004, 03:00 PM
LOLOL
Perennial top 10 in 4A... #32 in 3A... You know your football :D

WOS92
04-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Bitter, Keith? :)

Gasilla
04-24-2004, 08:29 PM
We've stepped on Keith's toes because we dropped. We're getting a few props, but he thinks they all belong to his Leps. He can't stand the fact that our neighbors respect us.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2004, 09:18 PM
i know that you arent supposed to be overly confident about your team, just confident to a point, but as i look at the latest edition of the Sinton High School football team being assembled for the fall, i cant help but think this one thing. Sintons pre-district schedule is tougher than their district schedule. Not taking anything away from other teams in our district, and please direct all hate at me for saying this, not my fellow sinton posters, but Sinton should have a cake walk through district, and i can see them entering district 2-3 or 3-2, then rattling off 4 wins, a week off, then starting the playoffs with a bang.

lobo12
04-24-2004, 11:25 PM
greenwoodbro, why was it a fluke, give me one reason

Keith7
04-25-2004, 02:13 AM
Bitter, Keith? :)

no actually i think the being the defending state champions should keep anyone from being bitter

WOS92
04-25-2004, 10:29 AM
But ranking a team that will obviously be a contender #32 is an obvious sign of some insecurity :D You REALLY think there will be 31 teams in 3A better than WO-S? Oh, wait... I forgot... you know nothing about WO-S :D

Keith7
04-25-2004, 12:19 PM
But ranking a team that will obviously be a contender #32 is an obvious sign of some insecurity :D You REALLY think there will be 31 teams in 3A better than WO-S? Oh, wait... I forgot... you know nothing about WO-S :D

lets e veryone cry because someone didn't put a team that couldnt make the playoffs in 4A in the top 5 of 3A

NewStang
04-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Keith, you poor guy ;)
I wouldn't discount a team that was 8-2 in 4A the last two years - especially considering the schedule they played. Ask Bay City if WO-S will be a force in 3A. Or ask Newton, whose only loss on their last 3A state run was to WO-S.
I'd put WO-S in the top 5.

Papa Smurf 05
04-25-2004, 01:18 PM
I have yet to see Kennedale anywhere in this post. What's up!:eek:

Matthew328
04-25-2004, 08:32 PM
I'll prolly get ripped for saying this especially being accused of hating on Kennedale....but I don't see Kennedale being in the top 10....losing Harper Barrett and Morris hurts...I believe Bostice is gone as well...Weldon Brooks is solid but he is no Rex Harper...Kennedale's JV team wasn't too impressive either...I thought their freshman group was VERY strong....I know they beat Everman's freshman and Everman's freshman had never lost a game...including 2 wins over Ennis in JH...If that 9th grade group stays together they'll be SALTY!!!! I do see Kennedale winning their district and being a top 15 or 20 type team

jason
04-25-2004, 09:09 PM
1. Forney
2. Burnet
3. Everman

oh wait, my bad...:D

Papa Smurf 05
04-26-2004, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't discount Kennedale as a top 10 contender. Without a doubt, Harper, Barret and Morris are by far some of the best athletes ever to come out of Kennedale, and it wil be hard without them. One thing that we still have is an experienced O- Line, as well as an improving defense that I believe will turn some heads this upcoming season. I think Kennedale is not going to lose too much momentum this season. Every year it seems we lose some key players, but we always have people who fill the holes nicely.

Oh and Matthew, I don't think you hate Kennedale. You just gotta call it like you see it. (Too bad you're gonna have to be wrong on this one :D :D :D

spiveyrat
04-26-2004, 10:58 AM
But ranking a team that will obviously be a contender #32 is an obvious sign of some insecurity :D

Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing... :thinking:

Keith7
04-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing... :thinking:

no not insecurity.. just no buttkissingness.. but u gotta walk the walk before you talk the talk.. so i dont think WO-S should be ranked as high as others rank them

Mean_Machine
04-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I would watch your words about Monahans. They are the defending champs of your district and upset Snyder the year before. Cant ever count out those guys.
Upset Snyder is Correct. but keep in mind that Snyder is 2-1 vs Monahans and has outscored them 83-7 in the last three meetings. two of them were not even close especialy the 49-0 rout. Monahans will be good in district but does not rate a top 20 status.

WOS92
04-26-2004, 11:34 AM
LOL... Keith...
So what you're saying is that, as of right now, there are 31 teams that you would worry more about in the title game than WO-S?
With all due respect, I would kill for us to be overlooked in 3A!
I think beating a state finalist last year, finishing 8-2 for the last two years and earning 15 wins a few years back in 4A is "walking the walk."
The funny thing is, even if WO-S were to sweep the season, you wouldn't give them credit...

lobo12
04-26-2004, 11:42 AM
snyder did beat us this year by alot, and i give them credit because they took it to us. but u also have to remember that the 49-0 route was during one of the worst seasons monahans has had in a long time. you might be surprised mean machine. dont get too overconfident

Mean_Machine
04-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Im not getting over confident. Im just stating that the win over Snyder is Just as it was stated. An upset. they happen ( upsets). But to use that as a basis to say monahans should be in the State top 20 may not be enough. I have no doube the diserve to be in the region top 20 though. I believe Snyder is going to be better than 2003. how much better is remain to be seen.

Ranger Mom
04-26-2004, 11:54 AM
Maybe I missed a thread in there somewhere. I didn't think that Lobo12 was saying that Monahans should be in the top 20, I thiought he was just responding to Greenwood Bro who said that the Monahans win over Greenwood was a fluke and their luck had to run out at sometime!

I guess I am going to have to go back and re-read!

JasperDog94
04-26-2004, 12:43 PM
So Keith7, since you've obviously taken the time to figure that WOS is #32, who are the other 31 teams?

Keith7
04-26-2004, 01:28 PM
So Keith7, since you've obviously taken the time to figure that WOS is #32, who are the other 31 teams?

1. Gainesville
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Jasper
4. Atlanta
5. Rice Con.
6. Decatur
7. Marlin
8. Sinton
9. Port Isabel
10. Vernon
11. Gilmer
12. Cuero
13. Waco Connally
14. Kennedale
15. Sweetwater
16. Wharton
17. China Spring
18. Winnsboro
19. Diboll
20. New Boston
21. Manor
22. Carthage
23. Snyder
24. Dangerfield
25. Bellville
26. Pilot Point
27. Jefferson
28. Gatesville
29. Graham
30. La Grange
31. Tatum
32. WOS

WOS92
04-26-2004, 01:49 PM
:evillaugh

1. WO-S
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Jasper
4. Atlanta
5. Rice Con.
6. Decatur
7. Marlin
8. Sinton
9. Port Isabel
10. Vernon
11. Gilmer
12. Cuero
13. Waco Connally
14. Kennedale
15. Sweetwater
16. Wharton
17. China Spring
18. Gilmer
19. Diboll
20. New Boston
21. Manor
22. Carthage
23. Snyder
24. Dangerfield
25. Bellville
26. Pilot Point
27. Jefferson
28. Gatesville
29. Graham
30. La Grange
31. Tatum
32. Bridge City
33. Anahuac
34. Gainesville

WOS92
04-26-2004, 01:55 PM
So there :p

Mean_Machine
04-26-2004, 02:08 PM
:evillaugh

1. WO-S
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Jasper
4. Atlanta
5. Rice Con.
6. Decatur
7. Marlin
8. Sinton
9. Port Isabel
10. Vernon
11. Gilmer
12. Cuero
13. Waco Connally
14. Kennedale
15. Sweetwater
16. Wharton
17. China Spring
18. Gilmer
19. Diboll
20. New Boston
21. Manor
22. Carthage
23. Snyder
24. Dangerfield
25. Bellville
26. Pilot Point
27. Jefferson
28. Gatesville
29. Graham
30. La Grange
31. Tatum
32. Bridge City
33. Anahuac
34. Gainesville

Just Curious. Why Is Wylie rated so high in your list? They are going to be good but did lose alot and the JV was not extreemly impressive. I have no doubt they diserve to be listed but #2?? I get the impression this is not much of a real top 20. on the post before your post they have WOS at #32 and Gainsville at #1... you have WOS at #1 and Gainsville at #34.. maybe im the only one who noticed but this kinda makes the list boggus.

Keith7
04-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Mean_Machine
Just Curious. Why Is Wylie rated so high in your list? They are going to be good but did lose alot and the JV was not extreemly impressive. I have no doubt they diserve to be listed but #2?? I get the impression this is not much of a real top 20. on the post before your post they have WOS at #32 and Gainsville at #1... you have WOS at #1 and Gainsville at #34.. maybe im the only one who noticed but this kinda makes the list boggus.

He was mad that i ranked WOS so badly... and Wylie has good coaching and always has a strong team... and JV means nothing really, when this year's seniors from Gainesville's state championship team was freshmen they went 1-9

WOS92
04-26-2004, 02:39 PM
"most winningest," eh?
:clap: for the grammar

GUNHO
04-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Mean-Machine it's a long story.The short of it is that Keith7 can't handle the attention that WO-S got when they dropped down to 3A.So anytime WO-S is mentioned he has to take his shot.BTW,Keith has Gilmer at # 11 & 18.

WOS92
04-26-2004, 02:52 PM
:crazy:

lobo12
04-26-2004, 04:17 PM
i dont remember saying we were going to be in the top 20 either, i just said we were going to be a good team next year

Mean_Machine
04-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
JV means nothing really, when this year's seniors from Gainesville's state championship team was freshmen they went 1-9 JV is not the sole determining factor I will grant that. but It Does mean Something. Im not talking freshman here. granted Freshman football plays little importance but JV is a good indicator of the strength of a Sophmore class. Snyder even plays a few Juniors on the JV in order to get them ready for the big time if they are not going to start on the Varsity.

Owen B
04-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Gainesville 3A's 2003 most winningest teamKeith7, 3A Down Low's least best English usager. ;)

Wtx_coach
04-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Well I have to get in on this one, Monahans has tons of young talent coming up, I would not be suprised to see them winning the district title for the next couple of years, remember guys Monahans has a strong tradition for many years, Remember Greenwood just cause you make it to state on year does not mean you will be a powerhouse forever!!

As far as mean machine, since you keep on bringing up the last 3 years only, why dont you bring up the 90's when Monahans used to be in Snyders district in 4A, I have been around west texas football for many years now, Monahans is not one of my favorite teams but these guys have been dominate around west texas for many years now!!!

Green Ranger
04-26-2004, 07:35 PM
I think Greenwood Bro is a little bit cocky, Greenwood does not need to be in the top twenty right now. I think it will be a tough year for them. Alot smaller squad than the past two years and a really really tough predistrict schedule. If the injury bug hits them, it will be a really long bad year for them. I think Greenwood will get in the play-offs but will be a battle for them.

Sans Couth
04-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Owen B
Keith7, 3A Down Low's least best English usager. ;)

Is usager in the English language?:eek:

Mean_Machine
04-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach

As far as mean machine, since you keep on bringing up the last 3 years only, why dont you bring up the 90's when Monahans used to be in Snyders district in 4A, I have been around west texas football for many years now, Monahans is not one of my favorite teams but these guys have been dominate around west texas for many years now!!! I think San Angelo Central Won a State Championship 45 or so years ago too. several team go in and out. So your saynig Monahans is on its way down? ok I get your point. I guess the Trend of the last three years shows that for you as well as my point too. I understand you comming to Monahans defence.. after all you predicted Monahans would easily take SNYDER because Snyder had.. how did you put it?? A "SIMPLE OFFENCE" that Simple offence has put 83 pts up on the loboes in 3 games while the Tiger D has Given only 7 pts in 3 games.. THATS DOMINATION.. I can also understand your dedication because you graduated from there( Monahans) before going to Pecos to coach.;)

Old Tiger
04-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Go Rockdale!!!

Too much antimosity around herre.

Greenwoodbro
04-26-2004, 09:42 PM
no not cocky Green Ranger just some faith in the Greenwood boys. TRADITION? How many times has Monhans beat Greenwood in the past 5 or six years?

Ranger Mom
04-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Go Rockdale!!!

Too much antimosity around herre.

You ain't seen nuthin yet!!:doh: :doh: :doh:

Old Tiger
04-26-2004, 09:46 PM
lol...i just used a ghetto word...

but anways...i know the best way to see it get BBDE, sintonfan, sinton66, and whoever else talking about politics.

Now that's antimosity

lobo12
04-26-2004, 11:05 PM
first of all greenranger we may not have beaten yall much in the past 5 yrs but before that yall did not beat us once i remember when one of my friends played in 97 we scrimmaged yall and beat yall by like 10 tds. and mean machine u have a right to talk because yall did beat us, but remember the 49-0 was a horrible year and in 99 since you wanna go back in the past we beat yall by 40 or 50 pts. im just saying we beat yall last year and yall beat us this year and now you do have the bragging rights. yall have not dominated us forever. so just keep running your mouth. and wst tx coach if u did graduate from monahans whats your name and when did you graduate. you can pm it to me if you would rather

District303aPastPlayer
04-27-2004, 03:05 AM
I still say sinton is a #5 team, and i honeslty owuldnt put WO-S in the top 3 just yet... give them the 8 and let them work up =x

District303aPastPlayer
04-27-2004, 03:06 AM
i agree with keith on this one... scary

spiveyrat
04-27-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
Is usager in the English language?:eek:

You missed the point. He was poking fun at the bad spelling/grammar by using bad spelling/grammar.

JasperDog94
04-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i agree with keith on this one... scary
If you agree with keith then you thing WOS should be in the 30's, not # 8.

CheerMom
04-27-2004, 10:46 AM
What about Rice? I don't see anyone talking about them. Sure we're losing quite a few seniors, but our boys moving up went undefeated last season. We may have a young offensive line, but I think they will be up to the challenge. We definitely will be in the toughest district in the state, but I see our boys living up to the reputation that Rice has had the last few seasons.

JasperDog94
04-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by CheerMom
What about Rice? I don't see anyone talking about them. Sure we're losing quite a few seniors, but our boys moving up went undefeated last season. We may have a young offensive line, but I think they will be up to the challenge. We definitely will be in the toughest district in the state, but I see our boys living up to the reputation that Rice has had the last few seasons.
What skill positions do you have coming back next year?

CheerMom
04-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Oops, sorry. I don't know how I missed Keith ranking us #5.
Thanks!
Go Raiders!!!

Cat22
04-27-2004, 01:17 PM
I still say sinton is a #5 team, and i honeslty owuldnt put WO-S in the top 3 just yet... give them the 8 and let them work up =x
I see where you're coming from about WO-S being number 8. I personally think they should be in the top 3 and if they go through pre-district undefeated then they should be number 1. We'll see in week zero when they play Jasper, that should be a great game. Whoever wins this game should be in the top 5 at least.

spiveyrat
04-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Cat22
I see where you're coming from about WO-S being number 8. I personally think they should be in the top 3 and if they go through pre-district undefeated then they should be number 1. We'll see in week zero when they play Jasper, that should be a great game. Whoever wins this game should be in the top 5 at least.

OR, maybe they BOTH should be. :nerd:

GUNHO
04-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey Cat22,spiveyrat....it 's not where we might be ranked to start with that bothers me. It's where we finish.:D

spiveyrat
04-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
Hey Cat22,spiveyrat....it 's not where we might be ranked to start with that bothers me. It's where we finish.:D

There's some perspective for ya! :thumbsup:

Mean_Machine
04-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey Cat22,spiveyrat....it 's not where we might be ranked to start with that bothers me. It's where we finish.:D Very good. SO TRUE I remember last years preseason top 10 and it was not very close

Cat22
04-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I agree :clap:

Keith7
04-27-2004, 04:48 PM
What skill positions do you have coming back next year?
They do have a there top running back coming back right???

thats why i ranked them so high

Green Ranger
04-27-2004, 05:03 PM
First of all, Lobo12, I did not say that yall hadnt beaten us previously the past couple years. That was Greenwood Bro, and as far as he goes I do have faith in our boys. The have the no quit attitude and will fight till the last horn. At the same time I am realistic in saying we have a long way to go, not to mention a very tough Pre-district Schedule. I think this years district race will be very good. Two new teams in the district as well will have a twist on how things turn out as well.

lobo12
04-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Green Ranger i know it wasnt you and i think yall will have a good team next year

CheerMom
04-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Keith7, we have one of our top running backs coming back this season, Charles Huffman, who is one of the top running backs in 3a. Mike Spears, our other running back is a senior and is going on to play as a DB at Blinn. With Charles, we should still have a solid running attack.

SintonFan
04-27-2004, 10:32 PM
D30PaPl, I do agree with you on something here. An 8, 5 or better pre-ranking would be a good testament to WOS's history. No doubt. Something many from 4A have rarely learned is 3A is no cakewalk. This classification sits smack dab in the middle of what's considered "major school" or "small school" IMHO. I have abosolutley no doubt whatsoever that WOS will be successful in 3A. I tend to look at the up and comers like SL Carrol and Smithson Valley and their impact on future larger classifications. Those guys had an influx of talent and numbers to be successful. They were in areas that had great growth locally. Their meteoric rise(ok, SLC mainly) through the ranks and success tells me having great numbers for your school helps your chances(ala Old Card's theory).
WOS(don't take offense to all this, please:)) has been losing students how fast the last ten years? Will this impact the next few years for them? Will they go from a large 3A to a medium 3A(like Sinton) in the next ten years or so?
Dang, remembering WOS against Callalen all those years makes me worry about WOS. But I do know Sinton would have handled Callalen in '01 and '02, too. The local 4a guys would have argued me to death's end about that. LOL
My point is WOS has great tradition and success. 3A ball will be different and exciting for them. Heck I'd be tickled if I was one of their fans. One thing about 3A that is a constant. Every year(or two) someone comes up and rises to the challenge of being a state champion! That's the pattern(yes Sealy is an exception) and should be in the future. Let's see how this next year will play out?
Jeez, I'm excited about it.
I would start out Sinton top 20 myself. Those guys need to work their way up too, hopefully just like or better than '01.:D

Wtx_coach
04-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Greenwoodbro
no not cocky Green Ranger just some faith in the Greenwood boys. TRADITION? How many times has Monhans beat Greenwood in the past 5 or six years?

Tradition is not five years son, go back the past 20 years and tell me the record!!

KTJ
04-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Keep in mind that not all Gainesville fans think the way Keith does.

(No offense Keith.)

Keith7
04-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Keep in mind that not all Gainesville fans think the way Keith does.

(No offense Keith.)

ok honestly, if i couldnt get a rise out of the WOS fans i wouldnt rank them 32.. they would be in at least the top 30.. but its too much fun to see them cry over what I think..

NewStang
04-28-2004, 12:33 PM
:rolleyes:
Keith, the only tears on this thread are yours :D
If I honestly believed you "think" about this stuff, I might be offended. You're also the only one here crowing, so I hope, for your sake, that WO-S is as overrated as you "think."
Then again, I know you know nothing about them. :D

JasperDog94
04-28-2004, 12:37 PM
What's going on with the games in the Dome this year? Are they doing some renovations or something?

j_dog
04-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by NewStang
:rolleyes:
Keith, the only tears on this thread are yours :D
If I honestly believed you "think" about this stuff, I might be offended. You're also the only one here crowing, so I hope, for your sake, that WO-S is as overrated as you "think."
Then again, I know you know nothing about them. :D
If Keith is really, really lucky this fall, his team will have the opportunity to play WOS in the Div I finals. Then, it might be interesting to hear his input AFTER the game! :D

JasperDog94
04-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
If Keith is really, really lucky this fall, his team will have the opportunity to play WOS in the Div I finals. Then, it might be interesting to hear his input AFTER the game! :D
Yeah, but IF they make it that far and IF Gainsville wins by 1 point in OT, Keith would still say that WOS was overrated...:nerd:

j_dog
04-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah, but IF they make it that far and IF Gainsville wins by 1 point in OT, Keith would still say that WOS was overrated...:nerd:
Hey, if Gainesville wins state a second year in a row, Keith will have earned it! :D

crabman
04-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Huffman of Rice Consolidated lit up Cuero last year for 240 yards. Not much word out of Rice. They should be good and fast. There are a lot of homers on here for Sinton. Cuero's JV beat Sinton two years ago 45-18. Our freshmen beat them 45-6. That is the teams now on Varsity. Our varsity beat Sinton last year 32-6. Everyone had better knock Sinton out of that top five dream. I am not saying Cuero should be there but I just don't see it in Sinton.

Interesting Stat of the Night: Cuero's O-line averages 294 lbs.

Matthew328
04-29-2004, 07:18 AM
Sinton was real young last year....the Sinton team that lost to Burnet in the regional finals was NOT the same team that Rice handled early in the year...Sinton returns the house...they'll be the team to beat in Region 4 no question