PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City softball to scrimmage in Brenham Saturday at 2:00 PM

Old Cardinal
04-22-2004, 10:10 AM
To cgw 1622 and others interested: It appears that the Cardinals are going to ride a bus for 4 hours to play Brenham at 2:00 pm this coming Saturday. That Coach Sissy Lemons will go play anywhere that a good team will play them. I kind of wonder just how stove up they will be after a 4 hour ride on a school bus LOL? I guess Bridge City has been a paradigm shift for 3A softball; in that they right-off-the-bat, last year and this year, headed to Louisiana's to play their very best teams in preseason and now they are on the bus going to play a long way from home here in Texas. They also co-hosted the "Right Side of Texas" major warmup tournament for a host of teams...Guess that can be expected with a now 24 year old dynamic Coach that played college ball and is use to traveling around the country to play good teams. I sure hope both teams get some good experience for this unique effort!

Can you tell us a little about Brenham, all that is known is that they are ranked #3 in 4A by the a poll?.... I will not be able to attend because their is a select team tournament at Ford Park complex in Beaumont for 14 & U and 18 &U (my granddaughters team the Beaumont Blast Red 14 & U, will be playing up in the 18 & U Bracket). They are trying to get ready for the 14 & U nationals is Gulfport MS, which they have qualified for early by winning several Regional qualifier Tournaments.