PDA

View Full Version : Please Post April 20 Baseball and Softball Scores Here!

Phil C
04-20-2004, 09:07 AM
and please specify whether you are posting baseball and softball scores. In District 30 AAA baseball the key game is Mathis at West Oso. West Oso beat Mathis easily early in the year and will want to do so again while Mathis will want revenge. A West Oso win will put Mathis, West Oso and Aransas Pass in a battle for the second and third playoff spot and will give Sinton a two game edge if Sinton beats Taft tonight. If you are in Corpus Christi areal tonight it will probably be worth your time to catch this game.
In 30 AAA softball the key game is Aransas Pass at Ingleside. Both teams are one and two games behind Sinton respectively
Mathis is lurking behind at one game behind Ingleside so this is an important game for both teams as the season nears an end. If you are in Ingleside tonight it would be worth your time to see this game. Sinton plays Taft and if Sinton wins it will cinch a playoff spot and at least a Co District Championship with Aransas Pass with Sinton advancing as the Winner of the district by virtue of its' two wins over Aransas Pass.

PhiI C
04-20-2004, 09:14 PM
In baseball in District 30 AAA Sinton beat Taft 17 to 2 after 5 innings.

In softball in District 30 AAA Sinton beats Taft due to forfeit and puts Sinton at 9 - 1 with one district game. The Lady Pirates can do no worse than a tie for the championship and will represent the district as the champion no matter what.

A key district game in softball in 30AAA is at Ingleside between Aransas Pass and Ingleside. I will post if it is on the tv news if no one else knows it. If so please post.

A key district baseball game in 30 AAA is at West Oso between West Oso and Mathis. I expect that will be on the tv news later.

pinecone
04-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Baseball: Jasper 11, Huntington 1

RBARKER
04-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Have one Score from 22-3A Baseball. Just got back from the BH/Liberty game and Liberty won 6-2. This should put a three way tie for first in this district with Huffman, Liberty & BH sitting at 8-3. Liberty had a heck of a pitcher tonight I don't know what his record is but he pitched the whole game and kept BH off balance all night. BH's 2 runs came off of a 2 run bomb over the center field. Congrats to Liberty well played game.

lobo12
04-20-2004, 09:37 PM
monahans beat pecos by one run tonight

Bellville22
04-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Baseball:

Navasota 14, Sealy 3

Bellville 18, Stafford 0

Softball:

Bellville 6, Sealy 1

Columbus 7, Navasota 0

Old Cardinal
04-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Softball:
Bridge City 15 Anahuac 0-- It was 11-0 in the first inning. BC was able to soon play their 3 select team trained Freshman (and other subs), they did really well. The future looks very bright. They are susposed to have a postseason warmup against Crosby coming up.... All we have heard is that they are a potent playoff bound higher enrollment team; whereby, the Cardinals can face some good pitching. NOTE--I looked Crosby up and they are a 4A with 1138 students-no info found yet on their softball stats.
Baseball:
Bridge City 11 Kountze 1(a correction) Darryl Stevens winning pitcher in a short game tonight. Hays really hit a long HR tonight to finish off the contest.

Old Green
04-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Baseball
Gonzales 7 - Cuero 3

RiverRatDad
04-20-2004, 10:20 PM
SOFTBALL

Wharton 2
Palacios 0

Needville 4
Sweeny 3

BASEBALL
Wharton 11
Palacios 1

Sweeny 10
Needville 0

wildstangs
04-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Wylie 11 Comanche 1. Looks like they will both end up 9-1 in district.

PhiI C
04-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I will have to wait and post other District 30 AAA scores tomorrow. As usual the tv stations didn't cover area scores excpt in their city and all three stations carried the same news and no news. :(

bccards
04-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Softball:
Bridge City 15 Anahuac 0-- It was 11-0 in the first inning. BC was able to soon play their 3 select team trained Freshman (and other subs), they did really well. The future looks very bright. They are susposed to have a postseason warmup against Crosby coming up.... All we have heard is that they are a potent playoff bound higher enrollment team; whereby, the Cardinals can face some good pitching. NOTE--I looked Crosby up and they are a 4A with 1138 students-no info found yet on their softball stats.
Baseball:
Bridge City 11 Kountze 0 Darryl Stevens winning pitcher in a short game tonight. Hays really hit a long HR tonight to finish off the contest.

Correction Old Cardinal: Kountze got one run in on the three singles in the first inning.

Chris Hart
04-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Ingram 14-Llano 13 in extra innings. Llano was previously undefeated in 25-3a action.

Phil C
04-21-2004, 08:22 AM
In Baseball 30 AAA it was Mathis 12 West Oso 1 - a complete reversal of the first game. This puts Mathis one game behind Sinton with 2 games left. The final game is scheduled to be next Friday (April 30) but it may be changed due to the regional track meet. This Friday Sinton plays at Ingleside, Taft at Mathis, and West Oso at Aransas Pass (this could be a key game for the third playoff spot).
Also in AAA in baseball it was Hebbronville 7 San Diego 3, Zapata 11 Orange Grove 6.

pirate4state
04-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Dist. 30-3A

Ingleside 3 (5-3 dist. rec)
Aransas Pass 0 (6-3 dist. rec)

No score from West Oso/Mathis game

Dist. 31-3A

Orange Grove 5 (7-2 dist. rec)
Zapata 2 (4-5 dist. rec)

IN BASEBALL:

Dist. 30-3A

Mathis 12 (6-2 dist. rec)
West Oso 1 (3-4-1 dist. rec)

No score from Ingleside/AP

Dist. 31-3A

Hebbronville 7 (3-4 dist. rec)
San Diego 3 (0-7 dist. rec)

Zapata 11 (5-2 dist. rec)
Orange Grove (2-5 dist. rec)

Falfurrias 8 (6-1 dist. rec)
Bishop 1 (5-2 dist. rec)

mistanice
04-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Yo old card, Diboll just wrapped up the district title with a 2-0 win over Hudson. The softball team are now 12-1 in district and have one more to go with Huntington, go ljacks.

Phil C
04-21-2004, 09:22 AM
In Softball:

In the key District 30 AAA it was Ingleside 3 Aransas Pass 0. This gives Sinton the outright district championship since Taft forfeited to Sinton last night. The fight is for the other spots now because Aransas Pass is 6 - 3 and Ingleside is 5 - 3 (with maybe a needed make up game with Taft or West Oso which would most likely be a win for them), and Mathis is 5 - 4 ( I called the Mathis ISD athletic department and was told that their softball team won last night. We need to see what happens this Friday night in order to see who will claim the other spots in the playoffs.

Other scores was Orange Grove 5 Zapata 2,.

pirate4state
04-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I will have to wait and post other District 30 AAA scores tomorrow. As usual the tv stations didn't cover area scores excpt in their city and all three stations carried the same news and no news. :( Hey Phil, Mathis beat West Oso last night 12-5. So, with Ingleside beating AP, The Lady Pirates (Sinton) are District Champs!! :clap: Now, in order for Ingleside to make the playoffs as the 3rd place team they must beat Sinton on Friday. Mathis could force a playoff game for 3rd with a win against Taft and a Sinton win. Things could get interesting Friday. :D

Phil C
04-21-2004, 09:35 AM
Thank you Pirate! With several possibilities we just have to wait until Friday night. I hope the Lady Pirates are not too rusty after this layoff though.

RBARKER
04-21-2004, 11:31 AM
District 22-AAA Baseball Standings

Team District Record Season Record Dist. Runs Scored Dist. Runs Allowed

Barbers Hill 8-3 17-4 112 55
Huffman 8-3 16-5 82 35
Liberty 8-3 10-7 62 42
Splendora 7-4 12-6 66 67
Coldspring 5-6 9-10-1 58 74
Cleveland 5-6 8-12 54 60
Shepherd 2-9 4-12 36 85
Tarkington 1-10 4-14 24 73

Tuesday's Games: Liberty 6 Barbers Hill 2; Huffman 3 Cleveland 2; Shepherd 10 Coldspring 8; Splendora 6 Tarkington 3

Friday's Games: Barbers Hill @ Coldspring; Shepherd @ Cleveland; Huffman @ Splendora; Tarkington @ Liberty

Phil C
04-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Regarding District 30 AAA softball what I think could be the results this Firday. The key game will be Sinton at Ingleside Friday at 6:00 P.M. I think it is very likely (even though sometimes these things don't happen) in the other district games that Aransas Pass will beat West Oso and Mathis will beat Taft so the following will be based on this assumption. Therefore it will come down to Ingeside and Sinton. Regardless of the outcome Sinton is the District Champions. If Sinton wins then Aransas Pass is second place and Mathis and Ingleside will both have four loses in district and have to meet for a one game playoff (A good place would be Sinton since we are halfway between the two cities) to determine the third playoff spots. If Ingleside wins then Mathis is out and Ingleside is tied with Aransas Pass for second place and most likely they will have a one game playoff to see who gets second or maybe a coin flip or something since they split their games during the season. Of course a factor is Ingleside still has a makeup game with either Taft or West Oso but I think the above factors will still be the same regardless because I would expect Ingleside to win the make up game if they have it.

CHS_Grad '85
04-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Congrats to the Lady Hornets... they beat Lorena 1-0... overall 23-1-1 (district 10-0)...

cgw1622
04-21-2004, 03:11 PM
The Lady Hornets did beat Lorena last night but this was NOT the game they should have played. Don't know what the problem was just couldn't seem to get the bats going. Couple of good hits but all in all they should have done a LOT better. They have a warmup game with Lexington on Friday and then next week I think it will be with Franklin on Tuesday then Brenham on Friday. I heard that Bridge City will be in Brenham Saturday. Does anyone know this? If they are playing Saturday I would like to go and watch. Good Luck to everyone in the playoffs in May.

middleagecardinal
04-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Hey 18, from the info I got, district 21 softball is Bridge City - C, Hamshire-Fannett - R and Orangefield - T.

Old Cardinal
04-21-2004, 06:46 PM
To Mistanice: Way to go Diboll! Hudson is a formiable foe. I would assume runnerup is Lufkin Hudson and third is Huntington. Is this correct? Everyone is pretty good in 20-3A, you had to not have a letup to win that District! Tell us the specifics about the Champions?

To the good folks at Caldwell, Congrat's on your win of the district Crown again. I hear thatTroy is runnerup and Lorena came in third...I certainly know nothing about Troy or Lorena but they must be pretty good they stayed in the games.

...I really don't know if Bridge City is going to Brenham. I heard that Coach Sissy Lemons was trying to schedule a warmup with Splendora are anyone else real tough; but I don't know if its materialized. I would guess they will scrimmage PN-G since they are #1 in 4A; you could not ask for a better warmup than to face Shalayne Blythe from the 18 & U Gulf Coast Breakers and lead PN-G Pitcher!

Old Cardinal
04-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Other scores down here in SE Texas:

SOFTBALL:

20-4A #1 PN-G 10 Silsbee 0
#10 LC-M 7 WO-S 6
Nederland 3 Vidor 2

21-3A Hamshire-Fannett 12(second place) Kountze 0
Orangefield 9(third) Hardin 5

24-2A Deweyville 16 West Hardin 0

Old Green
04-21-2004, 07:11 PM
District 27

Baseball

Yoakum 5 - Luling 4
Hallettsville 7 - Goliad 6
Gonzales 7 - Cuero 3

Softball

Gonzales 13 - Cuero 2
Hallettsville 4 - Goliad 3
Yoakum 13 - Luling 0

mwynn05
04-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Fairfield baseball won 14-4 over Mexia last night they have won 7 out of the last 8 and are in good playoff position with 3 games left the softball team beat madisonville

Old Tiger
04-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Baseball
Rockdale 10 | Troy 5

3afan
04-21-2004, 08:25 PM
not 3A, but I did Plano 5, Plano East 0

mistanice
04-21-2004, 09:20 PM
District 20 3a Softball

1st place - Diboll, First ever district championship and currently have a 24-4-1 record.

2nd place - Lufkin-Hudson

3rd place - Huntington, first ever trip to the playoffs

cgw1622
04-21-2004, 11:01 PM
To Old Cardinal, Brenham(#3in 4A) was to have a round robin type warmup this Saturday and Bridge City, Victoria Memorial, and one other team, not sure who, is supposed to play. We were to play at 1:00 but that is prom night so we will play Brenham Friday night instead. If this materializes and you hear that Bridge City is playing please let me know. I would love to see the game. They were to play at 7:00 Saturday night. This is what I heard.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-21-2004, 11:06 PM
District 5 Baseball

Graham 7 - Vernon 6

Playoff picture:

Iowa Park (District Champ) 7-1
Graham (Runner up) 5-3
Vernon 4-4 (Fighting for 3rd spot) Games remaining Iowa Park & Childress
Bowie 4-4 (Fighting for 3rd spot) Games remaining Breckenridge & Unknown???

middleagecardinal
04-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by cgw1622
To Old Cardinal, Brenham(#3in 4A) was to have a round robin type warmup this Saturday and Bridge City, Victoria Memorial, and one other team, not sure who, is supposed to play. We were to play at 1:00 but that is prom night so we will play Brenham Friday night instead. If this materializes and you hear that Bridge City is playing please let me know. I would love to see the game. They were to play at 7:00 Saturday night. This is what I heard.

BC at home 4/30 @ 7pm against Crosby and 5/1 at Brenham @ 2pm. Last I heard.

cgw1622
04-22-2004, 07:01 PM
I would like to go and watch Bridge City play on Saturday

Brahma73
04-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Brenham should be an interesting match-up with BC. We (Bellville) played them twice and they're a good hitting team. Their pitching is good but not great, and though they beat us both times, we outhit them the second game. Your hitters should have no trouble moving the ball around, and with M. G. chunkin' at them, I like your chances! They have a really special lead-off hitter who can bunt and slap and REALLY fly! Don't believe they match BC's power, but they are capable of scoring. Good luck. It'll be fun!

VWG
04-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
District 5 Baseball

Graham 7 - Vernon 6

Playoff picture:

Iowa Park (District Champ) 7-1
Graham (Runner up) 5-3
Vernon 4-4 (Fighting for 3rd spot) Games remaining Iowa Park & Childress
Bowie 4-4 (Fighting for 3rd spot) Games remaining Breckenridge & Unknown???

I thought that Vernon and Graham went into their games both at 5-2 records? Wouldn't that make Graham 6-2 and Vernon 5-3?
And wouldn't Vernon have the edge over Bowie then?

Old Cardinal
04-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the report, do you remember what the scores were on the Bellville/Brenham games? Who has Brenham lost to through the year-it can't be many teams since they are ranked #3. I really don't know what will happen at this point; BC has faced some poor pitching as of late and may not be ready for good top 4A right now....I trust that they will be ready and in top form in two weeks when postseason gets started. I know Meagan Godwin, blasted 3 left-side FOULS that would have been HRs against Anahuac had the pitching been better. That extra slow delivery for a number of games can mess up your timing against special delivery pitching by a good 4A ranked team. They scrimmage a 4A Crosby team at BC tomorrow night at 7:00 pm. They will get a little sleep and be on the bus for the long ride to Brenham. With pit stops, meal stops etc: they will have to leave early. What an exciting weekend planned! We really like our girls on this team they have good dedication and are a real team-spirited bunch; out playing as hard as they can and yet full of adventure and fun.

middleagecardinal
04-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
..... They scrimmage a 4A Crosby team at BC tomorrow night at 7:00 pm. They will get a little sleep and be on the bus for the long ride to Brenham. With pit stops, meal stops etc: they will have to leave early. What an exciting weekend planned! .....

That's next weekend Old.

cgw1622
04-23-2004, 08:33 AM
I don't know how B.C. is as far as slow pitching goes but Caldwell is not very good at it. They do a lot better with faster pitches. I think they practice with a faster ball so their timing gets off when the pitches are slow. Can't seem to wait on the ball. It usually takes three or four innings to get the timing down. Should be a good game between Brenham and Caldwell. Good practice.

Old Cardinal
04-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks M.A.C. for correcting me, I was told it was this weekend--but this morning about 10 AM I found out it was next weekend. That's why I came on here was to correct that "tomorrow" statement....
I understand, that the Boys play Buna in BC tonight and since they already have won the District they are using these last two games to rotate and play everybody-kind of a scrimmage atmosphere. It will be interesting how this turns out.

cgw1622
04-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Caldwell beats Lexington 13 - 1 in a warm up game. Next will be Franklin Tuesday.