PDA

View Full Version : Not meant to start a fight, but....

sinton66
04-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Has anybody read a book called "The Third Terrorist" by Jayna Davis? I'm going shopping for it later. From what I understand she presents some compelling evidence of a Middle East connection to the bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma City. I've listened to a number of people who have read it and they all say you will have some questions you want answered after you read it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-19-2004, 08:01 PM
I don't really know if Timothy McVeigh had ties with terrorists from the Middle East. All I know is that he used a homemade bomb from ammoniom nitrate, which was commonly used as a fertilizer and used to be available for public use, and I would think that if he DID actually have ties with terrorists from the Middle East, he would have used a more sophisticated type of bomb, and the idea of this happening is just an urban legend, but tell me what you think about the book and if it would be worth reading.

sinton66
04-19-2004, 08:13 PM
I've heard the book discussed, and it apparently is not urban legend. I don't normally buy books, but what I've heard thus far about this one is compelling me to check it out.

Old Tiger
04-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Only 1 way to find out and that is to purchase it and read it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Don't believe everything you read....:D

Old Tiger
04-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Yea I only read the tabloids cause men in black inspired me that's where the real truth is... lol

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Well, as convincing as it may sound, I think the idea is a little far fetched and this is just another person who fabricated a story that would be consumed by many and thought to be fact...Any person can sit down with a pen and a piece of paper, write down their theories, and publish them, but that doesn't mean it's true. I may have to look into this story though, maybe it could enlighten me.

Old Tiger
04-19-2004, 08:57 PM
dum....dAdum....dum.... DUM..........privat investigator Big Blue Defencive End dum....dAdum....dum.... DUM..........

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Very flattering Old Tiger....

Old Tiger
04-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Your like Magnum PI...lol except not as cool and not as many chicks...

j.k

JasperDog94
04-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Any person can sit down with a pen and a piece of paper, write down their theories, and publish them, but that doesn't mean it's true. I couldn't agree with you more.

sinton66
04-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, as convincing as it may sound, I think the idea is a little far fetched and this is just another person who fabricated a story that would be consumed by many and thought to be fact...Any person can sit down with a pen and a piece of paper, write down their theories, and publish them, but that doesn't mean it's true. I may have to look into this story though, maybe it could enlighten me.

From what I've heard, she has something like 22 different depositions from eye witnesses. These are people willing to testify if asked. I don't think that qualifies as "just picking up pen and paper". If she has all these signed documents, how exactly does that become a "fabrication" on her part? Probably would be a good idea to read the book before you get too carried away. I personally intend to look at her evidence before making up my mind. All I was really asking was if anybody on here had read it.

slpybear the bullfan
04-19-2004, 09:44 PM
'66,

I have been hearing A LOT about this book. Please let me know what you think about it. Here is the Amazon.com review of the book...

The most incredible evidence she sheds lights on is over 20 sworn affadavits that 8 former Iraqi soldiers were seen in contact with Timothy McVeigh prior to the bombing.

One of them was a former Iraqi Intelligence Officer who was witnessed riding with Timothy McVeigh in the Rider Truck hours prior to the bombing and also witnessed departing the scene after the bombing. This man, Hussain Hashem Al-Hussaini, got a job after the bombing where? Boston Logan International Airport... where two of the planes of the 9/11 attacks departed from.

Here is the Amazon.com review of the book...

Book Description
Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were not the lone conspirators in the Oklahoma City bombing—the attack that killed nearly 170 people in a few short seconds. They were part of a greater scheme, one which involved Islamic terrorists and at least one provable link to Iraq. This book, written by the relentless reporter who first broke the story of the Mideast connection, is filled with new revelations about the case and explains in full detail the complete, and so far untold, story behind the failed investigation—why the FBI closed the door, what further evidence exists to prove the Iraqi connection, why it has been ignored, and what makes it more relevant now than ever. Told with a gripping narrative style and rock-solid investigative journalism and vetted by men such as former CIA director James Woolsey, Davis’s piercing account is the first book to set the record straight about what really happened April 19, 1995.

Here is the woman's website...

http://www.jaynadavis.com/

Interesting stuff, '66.... please give me a review of the book when finished...

sinton66
04-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks for posting the link, Slpy. Now I'm even more intrigued.

lepfan
04-19-2004, 11:20 PM
How many of you have visited the bombing site, either before the memorial was built or after it was built???

spaniard
04-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
How many of you have visited the bombing site, either before the memorial was built or after it was built???

i visited it this past summer when i was in ok for a friend's wedding. we went at about 1:30 in the morning. it was a very moving and peaceful monument. the reflecting pool was probly the neatest part of it, and the memorial wall thing with all the things from people around the world was pretty neat too. the only thing about the bombing is that it happened on my birthday, hehe, so more than one tragedy happened on that day.

SintonFan
04-20-2004, 02:09 AM
I'm very intrigued too. After you read it 66, tell me what think.:thinking:

sinton66
04-20-2004, 07:02 AM
I found a summary by Davis. it's at :http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/index.jsp?section=static&page=jaynadavis
If her evidence bears this out, it would indeed be an astounding revelation.

Mean_Machine
04-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Anybody read a book called "The Third Terrorist" by Jayna Davis? I'm going shopping for it later. From what I understand she presents some compelling evidence of a Middle East connection to the bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma City. I've listened to a number of people who have read it and they all say you will have some questions you want answered after you read it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-20-2004, 04:50 PM
i visited the memorial about a month before i left for basic 20 months ago, and was moved to tears, but you know me, i dont cry in public, so i contained myself. but it was very moving. i recomend if your ever in okc you check it out and pay respects to those lost.

sinton66
04-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Well heck, I just left one of the largest Barnes and Nobles in the country, and they were sold out. The help desk called three other B&N's in Northwest Houston, and they were out too. She even called three malls and spoke with a competative chain there, same story. I decided to order the book and have it shipped directly to me. Either way, I'm looking at a week before I get it.

If any of you spot it on the shelf and are interested in reading it, you might ought to grab it while you can.;)

The evening wasn't a total loss, though. On the way back, I stopped by my favorite music store and picked up the double CD set of the Very Best of The Eagles. Great music!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Wow, this book may be worth looking into. I was under the impression that she had just assumed there were ties and could only pull a few witnesses out of a hat, but I guess I was wrong. My mom bought the Very Best of the Eagles CD, and that's all I have to listen to every time I go somewhere with her, and it's starting to get old, lol.

sinton66
04-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Heh heh, tell her she needs to spend $100 and buy the six cd set of Creedance Clearwater. I bought that last Christmas and listen to at least two of the cd's on every trip I make. I've been looking for the Eagles for a long time and finally found them. It really is some great music. I love "Lying eyes".

sinton66
04-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Ah, no wonder the bookstores were out. I just learned this book is now #10 on the best sellers list at Amazon,com

spiveyrat
04-21-2004, 06:24 AM
I would think if there were terrorist ties, we would have heard someone take credit or seen some internet rumblings by the terrorists themselves. They are always pretty proud of themselves when they are successful.

sinton66
04-21-2004, 07:10 AM
I will post an evaluation opinion of the contents of the "evidence" in the book as soon as I have read it. I am one of those people who is generally a "doubting Thomas", and tend to believe nothing of what I read (without documentation), 1/4 of what I hear, and only 1/2 of what I see. Meanwhile, I welcome anyone else to check it out also.