PDA

View Full Version : WNBA Draft

PhiI C
04-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Probably to no one's surprise Phoenix drafted Connecticut's Diana Taurasi No. 1. She was on tv with her new uniform and said :Get ready. Here I come." You go Girl! Get yourself to Arizona and the desert. We are glad you are out of the east.
In a minor surprise Stacy Stevens of UT was not drafted until late in the third round but the pleasant part of it is she was drafted by Houston and gets to stay in her home state. I predict that teams that didn't draft her earlier are going to kick themselves for not getting her. What a steal by Houston in the late rounds! :)

PhiI C
04-17-2004, 11:16 PM
More great news for Houston. In a trade of drafts they got Maria Villarroel of Oklahoma who did a great job for the sooners this past year. Stevens and Maria! Way go to Houston Comets!

jason
04-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Shariqa Wright from Purdue went 13th overall to Detroit...shes from Copperas Cove, thats where my family is from and where im living now...

Old Green
04-18-2004, 04:40 PM
University of Houston Guard Chandi Jones, of Bay City, was drafted by Phoenix as the 8th overall overall pick, then shipped to the Detroit Shock for Shereka Wright, Sheila Lambert and and the 23rd pick.

PhiI C
04-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Hey Old were those ladies key members of the Detroit's championship team from last year. If so makes you wonder why they would give up key proven players even though Chandi will probably be outstanding. Phoenix already got the main player in the draft and with the trade they get two players plus another low pick. Makes one wonder if the WNBA is maybe trying to get Phonix up because of ratings and attendance money.

Old Green
04-19-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't know if they were ey players Phil. It appears they they are going all out to help Phoenix.

Phil C
04-19-2004, 04:10 PM
I reviewed the posts a little more careful Old and noticed that Wright was drafted by Detroit so she is an untried rookie too so maybe getting Chandi was a good deal for Detroit too since she was an earlier pick. She will probably help Detroit a lot.